Learning Care Group Employee Reviews about "working with children"

Updated 19 Apr 2020

3.3
Learning Care Group CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
Pros
Cons
  • "The ratio is always high for one teacher and they are always low on staff since people keep leaving due to the high pressure job and low pay(in 19 reviews)

• "The upper management doesn’t care about the teachers working in the school(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "working with children"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Relatively fun and decent job"

Current Employee - Teacher in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

Working with Children, Seeing the Children Grow, Hours

Cons

Classification of part-time vs full-time

May 28, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review Learning Care Group! We are happy to hear that you have had an overall positive experience at your center. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times so we appreciate everything you do for the children and families we serve!

"Assistant Director"

Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working with children is a very rewarding job. Job is year round.

Cons

Not enough money for renovations Pay raises are horrible literally cents Constantly blending and sending students around to control labor

"No support from upper management"

1.0
    Current Employee - School Management in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

working with children, competitive salary, paid time off (if you get to use it)

Cons

No support from upper management, peers have no team work, weekly conference calls are about the same stuff, benefits, hiring staff (very difficult), labor guidelines are impossible to meet and run your school effectively, company is about money instead of the children.

January 31, 2018Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback as a current Learning Care Group employee. We strive to ensure a supportive work environment for all employees, and are sorry to hear that you have not be receiving this impression. Thanks again.

"Child daycare"

Current Employee - Cook in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love working with children and cooking for them.

Cons

Very unorganized and very chaotic at times.

February 1, 2018Recruiting Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback. Learning Care Group is committed to our employees and to ensuring a supportive work environment, as well as to creating a great place for children, families, clients and employees. We are sorry to hear your personal experience has not been a good one.

"No Recommended"

Current Employee - Teacher in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The children and families are what keeps me going back everyday. Honestly, if I didn't truly love working with children I wouldn't still be here.

Cons

Where do I start? The director and management staff are in no way there to help. When asked multiple times for help with the work load and some more assistance from my teacher assistant I received none. The managers do appsolutly nothing but gossip amongst themselves and talk on the phone all day. Its like pulling teeth when asking to use the bathroom. Don't try to call for help either; when a child is having insubordinate behavior you're basically on your own. Breaks are not guaranteed and there almost never at the same time. I've been floating for months and sometimes I find myself in four or more classrooms within the first hour of being there. It's incredibly stressful and the amount of pay and benefits are miniscule at best. The director at my location is not at all personal able or helpful, she barely comes into the classroom. They say the best way to lead is to model appropriate behavior. This is almost never done. I personally have been scolded for my tone of voice in the classroom and so has many of my coworkers. However, when looking to my director for an example it is not there. My director exhibits a short temper and often frustration with children who have behavioral issues. I feel like help with anything is not granted no matter how many times I've asked. At this point, I truthfully just show up do my job and leave. I'm afraid to speak of my frustrations, for fear that it will get back to the director and I will be punished for seaking help. I do not trust anyone I work with, after being here a year and half. The work enviroment is neagtive, spiteful and in no way welcoming. The one coworker I am friendly with, I never have the opportunity to work with and almost never have a break together. There is no personal relationships with my coworkers or management. It is strictly professional. This location is extremely cliquey. For example, there is always a few teachers who always get out early when possible, mean while people like me rack up overtime. There are a couple teachers who always get an hour of lesson planning every week, mean while I did not get any in months. There are teachers who always receive acknowledgment by management and others, like myself, who never do. The select few teachers who get whatever they want, and others who get nothing. For example, I asked for a number/letter chart for my class during circle time multiple times and in multiple ways. I never received it, so after a couple months I purchased one with my own money. This was used against me and in no way did I recieve recognition for taking the anitative. It is very hard to receive recognition and when you do it does not last long. I worry about what my future holds with this company and I fear they are just looking for a good opportunity to fire me. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

February 1, 2018Recruiting Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our school-based employees. We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of support you received. Thank you for sharing your perspective.

"Love my job"

5.0
    Current Employee - Teacher in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with children, watching them learn and grow. Making a difference. The families are good for the most part. No weekends

Cons

Lots of paperwork and wish there were more creative freedom Would love better pay as we do a lot and are responsible for so much.

"Lead Teacher"

I worked at Learning Care Group

Pros

good hours, parents are very nice and understanding, like working with children.

Cons

poor management, incompetent co-workers, lack of efficient communication.

8. "great families but management is unbearable"

Current Employee - Teacher in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

love the kids and families - working with children is always a blessing

Cons

the level of micromanaging is insane, favoritism is also out of control - lot of shuffling of kids and teachers gets exhausting - very low pay for the level of expectation

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 8 reviews