Lifestyle Sports Reviews

3.4
Lifestyle Sports CEO    Mark Stafford
Mark Stafford
Pros
Cons
  • "The pay there wasn’t minimum wage(in 8 reviews)

• "The manner in which their head office communicates with the in-store teams is nothing short of appalling(in 5 reviews)

1. "Grand"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Lifestyle Sports part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, friendly staff, always helpful when need be, great part time job when studying part time, really good

Cons

Pay was quite poor compared to other competitors, management sometimes not understanding under certain absence circumstances, not really helpful in regards to

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lifestyle Sports full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, different every day, get to work with some of the biggest brands in sports fashion

Cons

Can be long hours (that’s retail!!)

3. "Good team"

Sales Assistant

I have been working at Lifestyle Sports

Pros

The team is always great that you work for, the company is very much based around being fearless, social and inspirational

Cons

No real cons about working here

4. "Great team ! Bad head office initiatives"

4.0
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Lifestyle Sports part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team atmosphere in stores and good products to be selling if you are into sport/fashion.

Cons

Some ideas and initiatives from brand Centre and area managers are disillusioned from the actual stores. If you are under 18 and it is your first job they will pay you the bare minimum (below normal minimum wage)

5. "Good place"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Lifestyle Sports part-time

Pros

Ambitious and want to succeed

Cons

Cost saving can limit their ambition

6. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Sales Team Member

I worked at Lifestyle Sports part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team of people, good environment

Cons

Little to no support, minimum wage and only slightly more money for a lot more responsibility as a sales team leader

Continue reading
  7. "A so so place to work"

Former Employee - Deputy Store Manager in Louth

I worked at Lifestyle Sports full-time

Pros

There are clear opportunities for progression.

Cons

Head office could pay more attention to feedback from store staff.

8. "Retail is Retail"

4.0
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Lifestyle Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good atmosphere and team, young and vibrant. Good sales and retail training & sports training.

Cons

Progression only to a certain level Its retail so all the elements that come with it.

9. "Painfully Unprofessional"

1.0
    Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Lifestyle Sports full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team members were excellent and unfortunately under appreciated.

Cons

Having worked in the company for a number of years, across a number of positions including management, I can safely say it is the most hypocritical company in this country. They talk a great game with “work-life balance” (doesn’t exist), “mental health awareness day” (yet treat their staff terribly) “we don’t have staff, we have team members” (yet treat these “team members” like a hinderance to the company). The manner in which their head office communicates with the in-store teams is nothing short of appalling. When teams attempt to communicate with head office for instances such as incorrect pay, they are left without reply and subsequently need to send multiple emails to various members of head office to so much as receive a generalised and almost irrelevant reply brushing off the issue. Initial management wage is barely over minimum wage yet comes with oceans of stress induced from head office. Along with this comes the outlandish demands that arrive in terms of needing more deployment on shop floors yet providing zero extra man hours. Not even paying team members the general minimum wage (by taking advantage of a widely unused law) but expecting the moon and the stars in return and constantly hiring more members to ensure that no team member gets much above their contracted 8 hours. It is no mystery why the company cannot resolve their issue of high turnover of both team members and management.

10. "under paid and under valued"

I worked at Lifestyle Sports full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good to have worked for a well known retailer. Youthful staff (also can be a con), if you like wearing sportwear then you're working with products you'll love. Good fun and nice people.

Cons

Business claims to have strong brand values, but in my experience they don't actually follow any of them. Underpaid versus the wider industry at all levels. Only seem to want to hire young attractive people that are "on brand". You could report to someone who isn't very experienced in the area. Little to no change in what you're doing year to year

Found 75 reviews