Lifetime Training Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.2
Lifetime Training CEO Alex Khan
Alex Khan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "learning while on the job and plenty of opportunities to grow within the business" (in 3 reviews)

• "The business is very organised and forward thinking" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance is non existent" (in 7 reviews)

• "If you do not like traveling Head Office is the place for you" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, North West England, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clifton, North West England, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Lifetime Training for over three years. My team are always on hand for support, regardless of how busy they are. Lifetime is a very friendly and supportive environment and I have enjoyed working here. Lifetime put quality at the heart of everything they do for learners, clients and who they employ, always looking at how we can improve the service we offer and the working environment and employee benefits. There is also very good opportunity for progression within the company.

Cons

I would like for Lifetime to review the sick pay policy

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

2. "Hard work but rewards are great!"

I have been working at Lifetime Training part-time

Pros

Great onboarding programme...the best induction I've had. Flexible working...you can usually work around your family commitments which is fantastic. Good opportunity for development and progression. Decent wage and bonuses. Despite being a remote role good support from team and AM.

Cons

Large Geographical area -although this is unavoidable. Lots of different balls to juggle...sometimes can be a bit overwhelming. CPD is usually online...doesn't accommodate all learning styles. A lot of email updates...hard to keep on top of when you are busy with your students.

Advice to Management

Lots of improvements have been made...keep doing what you are doing!

3. "Good working environemnt with xcellent opportunity for growth"

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time

Pros

Lifetime is really passionate about supporting the development of their employees. Within a year I progressed onto the 'next step' and was supported and encouraged throughout the process.

People who work at Lifetime are passionate about their work, friendly and always willing to help (where they can). Everyone's hard working and gets the job done done, whilst communicating well on a professional and social level.

Cons

Have experienced occasional miscommunications between teams, however there has always been a prompt response and solution that has been implemented

Advice to Management

Continue to recognise development routes for employees!

4. "Good development and career opportunities"

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The business has good ethics
    It is driven and focussed but relaxed atmosphere
    The business is very organised and forward thinking
    There are good opportunities for career progression

Cons

There are peaks and troughs in a month. Sometimes the peaks can be hard work
    Caseloads for trainers are high but this is being addressed currently

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with the teams
    Continue to follow through on promises made in relation to the feedback given so far

5. "Outstanding!!"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quality is at the heart of everything!! There is an amazing support network and there are consistent opportunities to grow and develop your career.

Cons

Electronic systems are sometimes difficult to work with but easily overcome.

7 Jun 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Thanks for such honest feedback, I am pleased that you are getting the support you need and can see the opportunities on offer in terms of development. WE are really proud of our Journey of a... More

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and relaxed/down to earth atmosphere but everyone works hard and is really passionate about what they do

Good development opportunities, a lot of people here have made great progression across roles

Cons

There are no major downsides!

1 Jun 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We love to hear from the team and it is great to hear you are benefiting from the range of development opportunities available at Lifetime as... More

7. "Great company and great people"

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lifetime is a great place for people who want to work collaboratively and creatively. There is a strong work ethic and a real drive to do the best we can for learners and clients. There is a strong feeling of teamwork.

Cons

Sometimes the work ethic can mean longer working hours - however this gets recognised and they have a good internal awards/benefits scheme.

7 Jun 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Thanks for such positive feedback we really appreciate how hard people work here and the commitment shown by our Life-Changing people to making a difference to our l;earners and clients. We are... More

8. "An ideal environment to build a career"

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time

Pros

Career progression and development is really valued at Lifetime. Time and attention is given to each employee to ensure they are achieving their personal and professional goals.

Cons

As the company is constantly growing and evolving, employees are expected to work to a fast pace. Most will relish the challenge and energy of the business but it could feel demanding to some.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognise the potential of every team member - great work!

7 Jun 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Thanks for your feedback, I am really pleased that you are finding the opportunity to grow and develop with us as a business. The contribution by our people is one of the assets we value most... More

"Quality training is not at the heart of everything ......numbers and profit are!"

Former Employee - Regional Trainer in London, England

I worked at Lifetime Training full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initial training and investment in new employees is second to none. No other training company throws the level of training and equipment at new staff the way this company does. Clearly they recognise that it’s a tough industry and fast paced so want to try and mitigate against staff retention problems.

Technology is sophisticated and ahead of a lot of other training companies.

Bonus scheme in place

Cons

If you want to actually train people and teach them this is not the job for you. If you like reporting numbers on a daily basis and working to pressured targets in a training based environment then this job is better suited to you.

Reporting is relentless, daily reports have to be submitted in the above mentioned IT systems, followed by further daily email reports by excel to management and daily phone calls from managers about what you plan to achieve numbers wise.

Training an apprentice actually probably only accounts for 15 or 20% of the job.

If you are good at a balancing act with numbers and can be perceived to be hitting targets and managing workload then you will do well in this company. Even if you don’t actually hit targets, manipulation of the IT systems is possible (such as putting in phoney meeting/bookings to get % up, which is encouraged).
    If you are a top quality teacher/trainer who cares about quality delivery then you will hate it.

Ironically you don’t receive such keen reporting back from management about what bonus you achieved at month end and who it accounts for, this information is impossible to find out!
    Very hypocritical from a company that put people on personal improvement plans for failing to keep on top of information sharing.

Advice to Management

Amend company focus back to providing quality training or change mission statement to truly reflect what company seems to care most about.......looking good on paper!

"No work life balance"

Former Employee - Regional Trainer in London, England

I worked at Lifetime Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Your colleagues are supportive
    -work is enjoyable when you are with a learner, although this I found was a small part of the job
    -regular sector meetings held to improve knowledge and quality

Cons

Non existent work life balance. When your often 11 hour work day was over(including travelling) you had admin and reporting to do in the evenings.
    KPI’s are hard to meet and reasons as for why you haven’t met them ie a learner not turning up for a visit or are sick are not accepted
    Constant pressure- when your learners have all met their planned end dates, managers are still on your back.
    Often have to pick up work from other trainers who have gone off suddenly from mental health issues or have been fired due to doing the learners work for them in a bid to meet their kpis.
    The amount of data you have to feed in and report is overwhelming.
    Too many people at lifetime are unhappy and i know many good rt’s are looking for other work.

Advice to Management

Don’t offer bonuses to area managers for their team meeting their KPI’s which I’m pretty sure is the case. They put too much pressure on rt’s- just let the RT’s do their job, we are all hard working and know how to deliver the courses. We don’t need to be micro managed the whole time.
    Have the AM’s do a back to the floor day as an RT and review the KPI’s

1 Jun 2018 – Resourcing Partner

Firstly, my sincere apologies for the delay in my response. I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed the company of your colleagues and supporting our learners at Lifetime, however I am sorry to hear... More