Lifetime Training Employee Reviews about "career progression"

Updated 9 Mar 2020

3.7
Lifetime Training CEO Alex Khan
Alex Khan
Pros
  • "There are ample opportunities for career progression, and Lifetime will also fund your teaching/assessor qualifications too(in 7 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours at Lifetime(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "A lot of travelling not just to see learners but for constant meetings(in 13 reviews)

• "Work life balance is not seen as important(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "career progression"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Huntingdon, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I feel that Lifetime support you within your role and provide extensive training to support in all aspects. I feel that they encourage personal development and career progression. I feel supported by all different members within the company for different challenges I may face. I feel there is a good home/work balance.

Cons

Sometimes travelling for meetings can be tiring and a challenge if you have young children that you also need to arrange extra childcare for.

March 13, 2020Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear that you can make use of all our training and development. With regards to work life balance make sure you link in with your manager and your HR support to talk about how we can support you with flexibility to manage all of your work and life commitments - we are here to help.

2. "Career Progression & Supportive Management"

Current Employee - Regional Trainer in Reading, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging work environment, good pay & bonus compared to sector average, focus on employee wellbeing - support is there if you ask for it. There are ample opportunities for career progression, and Lifetime will also fund your teaching/assessor qualifications too.

Cons

It can be a bit lonely being field based.

March 13, 2020Resourcing Partner

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. It is great to hear of all the things you think makes us great. Make sure you make use of all our support programmes and structures so that you do not feel isolated. We always love to link in with our field based people and we are here if you just want a friendly face and a chat.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bristol, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time

Pros

- Friendly atmosphere - Opportunity to learn - Remote work

Cons

Not much room for career progression

March 13, 2020Resourcing Partner

Thanks for your review and highlighting what you love about Lifetime. As a training company we support and value offering our own people opportunity to develop their careers so it is important for us to understand where you would like to go with your career and how we could support you. Please feel free to come and speak to us in HR, but also link in with your manager who can help facilitate those conversation.

4. "Great Company who value their people and their individual skills"

Current Employee - Head of Sales in Bristol, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee Engagement, Career Progression, Work/Life balance, Social, Strong People focus.

Cons

Central location with limited car parking may not suit everyone

July 15, 2019Resourcing Partner

Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear that many of Lifetime’s people initiatives such as our career development programme, “Journey of a Lifetime” and “beHeard”, our engagement survey are making a positive impact to your time and career at Lifetime. Kind regards, Fe White

5. "Excellent company, high staff retention with great company benefits"

Current Employee - Sales Support Coordinator in Bristol, England

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

-free fruit -free milk -microwaves -fridges -incentives -bonuses in some departments -coffee machine -perkbox -discounted parking -discounted membership with Nuffield Health -up to £50 off eye test -up to £50 off glasses -social events -annual company survey -pays well above minimum wage -has weekly raffles -lovely people -very invested in their employees with an emphasis on career progression -have a clear career progression programme -lots of internal vacancies, and opportunity to move to other departments and progress -25% off in the brass pig

Cons

there is no free parking

6. "Good development and career opportunities"

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time for more than a year

Pros

The business has good ethics It is driven and focussed but relaxed atmosphere The business is very organised and forward thinking There are good opportunities for career progression

Cons

There are peaks and troughs in a month. Sometimes the peaks can be hard work Caseloads for trainers are high but this is being addressed currently

July 17, 2018Resourcing Partner

Thanks for your comments. We are receiving really great feedback at the moment, particularly in relation to our career progression opportunities and it is good to see that you are also benefiting from this. We will continue to communicate across the business with videos from Alex, monthly Newsbeats and the Life Times, as well as our engagement survey and employee forums to make sure your voice has a platform. We are committed to reducing caseloads and are continuing to recruit new Lifetimers into the business to support this. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments. Kind regards Tessa HRD

7. "An ideal environment to build a career"

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time

Pros

Career progression and development is really valued at Lifetime. Time and attention is given to each employee to ensure they are achieving their personal and professional goals.

Cons

As the company is constantly growing and evolving, employees are expected to work to a fast pace. Most will relish the challenge and energy of the business but it could feel demanding to some.

June 7, 2018Resourcing Partner

Thanks for your feedback, I am really pleased that you are finding the opportunity to grow and develop with us as a business. The contribution by our people is one of the assets we value most highly. It is often a challenging pace here at Lifetime and we are aware that we ask a lot from our Life-Changing People. However, please be assured that with your feedback we are always trying to adapt and change our ways of working to create a supportive and manageable working environment. We also like our people to be happy and are passionate about your wellbeing, so keep up the good work and keep on giving us your feedback so we can constantly develop and grow ourselves alongside our people. Regards Felicity

"Bullies, who couldn’t care less about employer wellbeing."

1.0
    Current Employee - Trainer

I have been working at Lifetime Training full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible role, able to manage own diary when not dictated by upper management. Love the actual meetings with learners and employers and teaching and learning sessions.

Cons

Where do I start. -Bullying culture around KPIs. They impact so severely on quality it’s stupid. You cannot manage both. The only way this is possible is to work very long unpaid hours to stop management getting at you over minor things -No clear role and responsibilities for Regional Trainers. Randomly add more and more responsibilities to you without actually telling you. You only find out when you haven’t done it and they’re chasing you for it. It seems they put everything on RTs when other teams can’t be bothered. Give RTs some slack! We are run ragged! - work life balance is non existent. And staff are too afraid to speak up about it because of the harsh bullying nature of the company. You mention you don’t have the balance you get blamed and it’s your own fault. Not that what they ask of you simply is impossible to do within the paid hours. -expected to start answering emails from 7am yet not actually paid until 9am. - Quality is not at the heart of lifetime. Profit is. -The WOW ways of working do not work. End of. - Micro-Managed severely to the point you are treated like a child being told off at school. We are professionals. Recognise it. -No career progression. If you join Lifetime, you’ve ended your career there. - Twice in one month asked to reschedule my whole diary by the OM. Had to cancel learner visits which then impacted else where. -No support to staff at all. If you have an issue the AM doesn’t help. Speak to head office? They will just ignore you until you go away. -Highly stressful for no reason. -big caseloads. -Huge areas to cover. -High staff turn over as no one is happy. -Bonus’ are very hard to earn -Targeted to watch silly videos that have no benefit to my role. -no sick pay. This is the kicker. This job is making me mentally ill. Asked for help... to be ignored. Makes me feel worthless and nothing is ever good enough no matter how many hours I work unpaid just to meet your silly KPIs. Need to take time off. But guess what, you won’t be paid for it! Because they don’t care about staff. I am only ill because of them but I have to take any illness unpaid. It’s disgusting. -Reported malpractice as per policy. Got ignored because they were ‘meeting their targets’. Seems they only care about numbers. -No increase in salary. Minimum wage has risen 2/3 times since working here, yet my salary has never changed. So I am actually earning less now. -You speak up about any problems you get managed out of the company. That’s why everyone is so afraid to say anything. -I used to love this role, but now I hate it. All values and beliefs have been lost along the way by lifetime. Just another big corporate company running itself into the ground.

June 1, 2018Resourcing Partner

Firstly, my sincere apologies for the delay in my response, and thank you for your comprehensive feedback. I am sorry to hear you haven’t had the great experience we strive to achieve for all Lifetime employees, and I am disappointed to hear many of your concerns. As a Regional Trainer, you are at the heart beat of our business, and we trust and rely on you to provide a great experience to our learners. If we are not providing you with the environment, tools and management to do so, then we have let you down and will work tirelessly until it is addressed. We understand that some RT’s currently have caseloads that are higher than we would like due to the increase in learners starting apprenticeships before the introduction of the levy, and we are committed to reaching caseloads of 40. The development, well-being and happiness of all Lifetimers is of paramount importance to myself and our leadership team, so I would value the opportunity to talk with you and would ask that you contact me on ask.alex@lifetimetraining.co.uk so we can understand your individual situation and ensure our plans are getting to the heart of the issue. With gratitude Alex Khan, CEO

9. "Great People, Strong Exec Team, Inconsistent Culture"

4.0

I worked at Lifetime Training full-time

Pros

Great career progression for right people and a very supportive atmosphere

Cons

Can be very political, and work ethic/culture is significantly varied across the business

January 24, 2017Resourcing Partner

Thank you so much for your feedback and some really positive comments about the business. Thank you also for the feedback about 'inconsistencies' and would really welcome the opportunity to explore this further. It would be great if you felt comfortable raising these with your Manager or coming to HR so that we can address these asap. We also have our Employee Forum where we are happy for these issues to be raised.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 9 English Reviews