Little Dot Studios Reviews
73% would recommend to a friend
(88 total reviews)
95% approve of CEO
Found 88 of over 101 reviews
Updated 24 Oct 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low salaries that don't keep up with the cost of living or market rate for a role." (in 10 reviews)
- "low pay" (in 7 reviews)
- "Some managers will actively avoid directly supporting their teams as much as possible, and get uncomfortable when obliged to do so." (in 4 reviews)
- "Lack of clear path for career development" (in 4 reviews)
- "Very little career progression: great place to start and build valuable skills but not to build a career." (in 3 reviews)
- 5.029 Sept 2023Motion DesignerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Excellent company culture. Outstanding calibre of clients and work. Great flexibility (hybrid working, flexi-hours, and more).
Pay could be better, but perhaps it's more of an industry-wide issue.Little Dot Studios Response2mo
Thank you for the great review - We will keep doing what we are doing! We are very proud of our culture so it's great to hear that you have experienced working for us so positively. You have also mentioned our flexible working which is so important to us and how our employees are able to balance their lives and work. We care about the development of our people and want everyone at Little Dot to further their careers and also play a part in the company's success.
- 2.013 Apr 2023Channel ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
- There are some really lovely and welcoming people here. - You'll get to work with some of the biggest names in the industry. - The location of the office and hybrid working. It’s a graduate job. Get some experience. Meet some lovely people. Then move on.
- The pay is SO bad. You cannot live comfortably on a Little Dot salary. - Promotions are reviewed once a year at Christmas. You are expected to do the role you’re trying to progress to before your pay is reflected. This means you will work over your pay band for over a year. You will also be balancing the workload of your current role, AND then the responsibilities of the role above you. So if you’re trying to be promoted to a managerial position, you’ll begin managing team members without formal training. The promotion is not guaranteed, so be ready for disappointment. - Lad culture is alive and kicking. It is harder to thrive as a woman at Little Dot and to form the same working relationships with male managers than if you were another male trying to progress on the team. - Recognition and praise is hard to come by, especially if you are not a dominant/popular guy on the team. - You feel like a hamster on a wheel. You are mostly doing the same tasks every single day. It gets repetitive, stale, and you stop gaining any new skills. Plus, your workload is too big, and they keep on-boarding new projects. Most teams express being TIRED.4Little Dot Studios Response7mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and acknowledging the lovely people that work for Little Dot. We do regularly review our salaries in line with market rates and undertake annual benchmarking surveys to ensure we are competitive and adequately reward our staff for all their hard work.
- 4.024 Oct 2023Junior Content EditorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
very supportive to their employees and good benefits
not much upwards progression in the companyLittle Dot Studios Response3w
Thank you for the positive feedback! Its great to hear that you feel that employees are supported at Little Dot as this is important to us. We welcome all feedback that will help us ensure our employees can reach their potential - To support our colleagues to grow within the organisation we have career development pathways, supported by a digital learning platform that enables development of both creative and technical skills training. We also have an internal careers platform, where employees can apply for any new job openings within the company.
- 3.016 Aug 2023Channel ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Genuinely think they are trying their best and are a lot more transparent than other companies I have worked for
Can only speak for my manager, but extreme micromanagement for no good reason. Some clients are also very rude and it isn’t stopped1Little Dot Studios Response4mo
Thank you for your review - We appreciate your honest feedback. Transparency is really important to us, as well as listening to our employees and promoting a feedback culture so that we can learn and grow.
- 1.08 Sept 2023ReceptionistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
They Do not have any
This is the worst company to work for, They do not care about diversity and they will sack you for the smallest of reason.1Little Dot Studios Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and team at all levels of Little Dot Studios that encourages and values all voices. We set ourselves apart with the highest standards of conduct and behaviour and expect all of our staff to act with integrity and professionalism in the workplace. We believe a great place to work is a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel valued and bring their authentic self to work. We believe that there are a number of pros to working for us which are regularly cited by our employees and why we have been listed by Great Places to Work for two years running.
- 2.030 May 2023Junior Content EditorCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Generous annual leave + unlimited sick days Cushy office in a good location in Shoreditch The people are genuinely very kind
Little Dot Studios is a glorified content farm. If you’re not in the upper echelon of staff, you’re left endlessly repurposing content into new things all for the goal of more, more, MORE. It never ends. Even when the clients don’t give us content, we’re still expected to churn stuff out, no matter if the viewers of said content rightly recognise that we’ve just reposted the same video with a different title. It’s soul-killing and leaves no room for creativity. They have plans to bring in freelancers to do the more busywork tasks, but then it begs the question why they won’t simply hire new people to replace the countless junior AND senior level staff that have left in the span of time I’ve been employed here. And the pay — it’s literally laughable. £26,500 annually (aka the London “living wage”) for junior staff, which means that I’m unable to afford living in the same city where I work. They’re at least on the front end of encouraging remote working and only requiring one day in office (especially given the past year of rail and tube strikes), but it begs the question — why have such a nice office if no one visits it because they have to travel over an hour (or three!!!) just to get into London? The low pay is demoralising because pay reviews only come in December, and if they give a pay raise just to adjust to what the market is paying, then there’s no chance of getting a merit based raise until NEXT December.3Little Dot Studios Response6mo
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your career with us, we appreciate your honesty and take your feedback seriously. We are proud of the feedback and reviews we receive from many of our employees that cite the variety of content they work on and the diversity of our clients. We are pleased to offer both flexible and hybrid working to all our employees to allow flexibility to work from home. As a number of our people prefer to work from our offices, we still want to ensure they have the best space possible to work from, collaborate and enjoy. Over the last twelve months, we have made several cost of living payments to all our staff, which has been over and above our industry norm. We are also proud to have a Helping Hand fund which provides interest free financial support to our employees during this challenging time, salaries are reviewed regularly in line with market rates and we undertake annual benchmarking surveys to ensure we remain competitive and adequately reward our staff for all their hard work. In addition to our annual promotion cycle, we have an internal mobility and career progression policy, whereby all employees can apply to different roles across the business at any time in the year.
- 4.05 Jul 2023Account ManagerFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Great people, nice offices in a good location. They do what their best to look after employees, though not always with 100% success.
As with most agencies there is a lot of work and not enough people.Little Dot Studios Response4mo
Thank you for the review - We are pleased to hear that you think our people are great (we agree!) and that you enjoy our office space. It is important to us that we provide a work environment that's vibrant, social and inclusive - With employee health and wellbeing being so important to us. Thats why are are so proud to have been recognised by Great Places to Work for the last two years.
- 5.021 Jun 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- People - Culture - Flexibility - L&D
The salary isn't enough for the amount of work and also vs competitor roles.Little Dot Studios Response6mo
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review - We are very proud of our people, culture, flexibility and learning & development offering, so its great to see that you feel the same! We do regularly review our salaries in line with market rates and undertake annual benchmarking surveys to ensure we are competitive and adequately reward our staff for all their hard work.
- 4.022 Jun 2023Junior Content EditorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Working on entertaining shows, large sporting events, etc. Good flexible working, people are friendly
Pay could be better, work can be repetitive.Little Dot Studios Response6mo
Thank you for the positive review! We are fortunate to work with some fantastic entertainment shows and sporting events, as well as work in a friendly and flexible environment.
- 4.08 Jun 2023Senior ProducerCurrent EmployeeLondon, England
Hybrid, office, people, work interested
Would be better with more collaboration with other teamsLittle Dot Studios Response6mo
Thank you for the great review and headline - The pro's you have outlined do resonate with our culture of work/life balance, great people and interesting work. Collaboration is so important to us, so we can definitely look at how we can improve this across teams.
Little Dot Studios Reviews FAQs
Little Dot Studios has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 101 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Little Dot Studios to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
73% of Little Dot Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Little Dot Studios 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.