Live Group (United Kingdom) Reviews

Updated 7 May 2020

4.8
Live Group (United Kingdom) CEO Toby Lewis
Toby Lewis
  1. "Innovative, Market Leading Agency"

Current Employee - Board Director in Petersfield, England

I have been working at Live Group (United Kingdom) full-time

Pros

An innovative, creative, tech savvy agency with a passion for looking after clients, delivering best practice and landing kickass solutions each time and every time. It's a weird one, massively growing agency but feels like a start-up, collaborative, friendly, family run, yet punchy with delivery, clients and delivery. So impressed.

Cons

Slightly out of town, parking is also limited.

2. "Driven to do better"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kingston upon Thames, England

I have been working at Live Group (United Kingdom) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The evolution of Live Group over the past five years cannot easily be put into words. There has always been an ingrained culture of wanting to run the best events, to stand out from the crowd. That's now amplified by something else; a commitment to its people. The leadership team has turned words to actions, making sweeping changes to the operational structure to put every staff member, from new starters to industry veterans, in the driving seat of their career and the direction of the business. The culture is supportive, fun and open to change. People wanting to make their mark on the industry will find like minded people ready to make their ambitions a reality.

Cons

Events will always be events. Long hours and tricky situations. The ups and downs of the industry are not suited to everybody, and although the company does its best, it admits that there is still work to be done.

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Live Group (United Kingdom) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly working environment, good people and flat hierarchy. Good working culture and a high level of trust. Everyone gets a gift for their birthday and an awesome card :) Creative environment with good music in the office.

Cons

Missing good coffee machine in the office :)

4. "A great place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Live Group (United Kingdom) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I started my time at Live Group in a temp role, and over the course of six years moved my way up to Senior Project Manager. Safe to say, it was a great place to learn and develop my skills! No office politics, close-knit team, supportive co-workers, casual working environment. A great little place to work.

Cons

It definitely got stressful at times, but it was good to know my team always had my back.

5. "Finally a work place that want to get it right"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager

Pros

I'm fairly new and so far, I have only seen great things. The management / board care about your well-being. They care about the work place and making it a welcoming environment. They continue to have the employees involved in making any changes to the office, getting peoples opinion’s and suggestions. It’s a great feeling to be involved and not have decisions made by the hierarchy only. They give you full support to get your job done. They trust you and respect you, there's not micro managing. Great place to work!

Cons

We might be outgrowing the office and that's only because we are growing as a company and that can only be a good thing as we are doing well.

Continue reading
  6. "Great company with a great culture!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Live Group (United Kingdom) full-time for more than a year

Pros

There's so many great things about Live Group - from the new brand, our culture, social calendar, having a resident office pooch, but most importantly... the people are just awesome. I've never worked in an agency before where your colleagues are not just your colleagues. They're friends and mentors, people who you can truly rely on who have your back.

Cons

Really not a lot to say here! The office location is a little bit of a walk into Kingston centre so lunchtime trips are usually quite rushed - but not a bad thing as it does get your step count up!

7. "It's the people that make Live Group"

Current Employee - Event Project Manager

I have been working at Live Group (United Kingdom) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We're a small team of really awesome people, based in a relaxed office in Kingston. Some perks of the job include travelling the world, summer parties, Christmas parties, and lots of opportunities to go to networking events and FAM trips. And there's always a glass of wine waiting for you at the end of a hard event!

Cons

Unfortunately there's no shops or places to eat near the office, and there's no denying that events are hard work sometimes. The office is going under a bit of a face-lift at the moment, so watch this space!

8. "Awesome people make for an awesome place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Kingston upon Thames, England

Pros

They encourage staff to regularly swap out email-time with team-time - from 'chicken club' lunches to 4pm beers (or mocktails!) on a Friday. They celebrate everyone's birthday with a gift, a cake and even an Etsy-worthy hand-made card. They get everyone out of the office at least once a quarter for either a sports day (Tough Mudder, anyone?) or a chance to have a couple of drinks with the rest of the crew. They encourage staff to go on FAM trips to see the world without paying a penny. They have a company strategy led by the people (not led by Senior Management), and they have a thorough appraisal process that encourages people to develop skills in areas they’re interested in – not just areas that would benefit the company. They take pride in their well-equipped, bright and airy office (sometimes featuring a couple of office dogs too). They even offer LinkedIn masterclasses, so people can excel in the industry when they decide to leave. A great little place to work, full of some of the most hard-working, down-to-earth people I've met. Would highly recommend.

Cons

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here for cons, but the location is a bit out of the way (minimal lunch opportunities around)... though it's only a 15 minute walk into Kingston town centre/Surbiton town centre. Parking is also limited, but where isn't within the M25?

9. "Working at Live Group"

4.0
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Live Group (United Kingdom)

Pros

I’ve worked on a number of projects with Live Group now as a freelance Senior Project Manager, and I must admit, it’s always great going back. Lovely people, really good atmosphere (even during busy crunch times!) and interesting/varied projects. A talented and experienced team that always welcomes me back with open arms. Would recommend.

Cons

A small but close knit team does mean a lot of late hours in the run-up to a live event, but hey – that’s the industry we work in!

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.