LivePerson Reviews

Updated 3 Mar 2021

3.5
LivePerson Chairman and CEO Robert P. LoCascio
Robert P. LoCascio
Pros
  • "Great people worked there, fun culture(in 47 reviews)

• "Great office layout, no cubicles, open work environment, grab your laptop and work anywhere if desired(in 27 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Amazing management and culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Technician

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

* Top management are amazing * Great company values And many more

Cons

* Many changes happening but that can also be a plus

January 28, 2021Global People Group

Thank you for sharing this review! Great to hear that you are having a great experience as part of the LivePerson family.

2. "Good company, bad management"

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting technology and amazing platform to work with

Cons

Bad management, transitioning from start-up culture to big corporate and not in a good way

3. "Fantastic benefits"

4.0

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, feel really well looked after as an employee.

Cons

Communication is sometimes poor and it’s hard to stay connected depending on who your boss is

January 28, 2021Global People Group

Thank you for sharing your feedback in this community! I'm thrilled that you feel looked after — our people are our most important component of our business and we know the challenging work environment we are all navigating. Point taken on the communications. As we adapt to this work-from-anywhere employee-centric culture, how we disseminate information and connect with one another is of paramount concern. In fact, we have an entire cross-functional team of LPers working on solutions to help us all stay in-the-know .

4. COVID-19

"Okay"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in London, England

I worked at LivePerson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can have different experiences here depending on the teams and managers you work with. Offices are permanently closed since March which is already impacting the great culture the company had in the past. There are some good people which made my decision to leave a bit difficult. HR in EMEA implemented a lot of good initiatives during covid.

Cons

No career path and this situation will be probably worst with the permanent remote working. Very inconsistant culture depending on the teams. There are some incompetent people in key roles which can be frustrating. Pay is not competitive in comparison to other companies. High turnover even during difficult context.

January 28, 2021Global People Group

There are a lot of moving parts to manage as we transition from office-centric workplaces to an employee-centric, work-from-anywhere framework. The organizational and cultural shifts are being instituted to help our employees thrive. In fact, this is why we created Project Beehive, a cross-company team of employees who are reimagining our workforce. Our Expert Engineering team is driving programs to help LPers advance in their careers and grow in our Company. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. COVID-19

"NA"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in London, England

I have been working at LivePerson full-time

Pros

Company providing support to enhance employees work from home experience during Covid pandemic

Cons

Limited career progression opportunities. Very flat organisational structure.

"Poor Management, Political and bad horrible HR Team"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in London, England

I worked at LivePerson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The ability to move change role within the company

Cons

Bad Management, Horrible HR Team do not trust !

"Disorganised"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Reading, England

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not any pros I’m sorry to say

Cons

Disorganised Too many cooks Meeting for a meeting

8. "Excellent product and huge growth potential!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at LivePerson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Market leader in AI and conversational commerce. The company is growing exponentially over the next 3 years and making strategic investments to see that through. Now is the time to join.

Cons

Change is always hard. Be ready to be a voice and make an impact.

"Great company but problematic management"

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Reading, England

I worked at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and a friendly company to work for

Cons

Management tend to treat employees like children at school, constantly shadowing and peering over your shoulder.

June 4, 2020Global People Group

I realize you are not longer with LivePerson, but we encourage any employee to bring any managerial concerns to their HRBP. Current employees have access to a host of programs and resources to help them remain connected an empowered to drive their career at LivePerson.

"Don’t do it ....... keep looking!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I worked at LivePerson full-time for more than a year

Pros

I struggled with this bit as I really didn’t enjoy my time at this company but there was.... Some nice people in individual contributor roles One or two ‘gems’ that hold the place together Free coffee and fruit !

Cons

I’ve never worked in a worse place than this! It’s a mystery how they formed the leadership style, Perhaps someone very senior had watched too many episodes of “The Office” and actually thought it was a factual documentary. I don’t know, perhaps it might have been funny to ponder that if I didn’t need to pay my mortgage! The targets are unrealistic , most sales reps I worked with didn’t earn any commission, a few favourites seem to get gifted deals (which is terrible for overall moral and sends an awful message) Technical Account Managers appeared to be over-worked, treated exceptionally poorly and attrition in their function was huge. Staff attrition is unbelievably high across the board. A lot of people seem to leave by one way or the other after a year! To become an expert in the LivePerson technology takes time, which makes what appears to me to be a ‘hire and fire’ policy so bizarre. The saying goes a rolling stone gathers no moss! With that in mind it’s unwise to dispose of the rolling stone once it’s finally gathered it’s moss and replace it with a moss-less stone to repeat the process! However this is the policy as far as I could make out ! One last thing, the arrogance of the place is hard to stomach, and yes I know it’s the IT industry and we operate in an industry of inflated egos! I’m just saying this place turned it up another level (11)! Come on they aren’t Einstein or Newton... Anyhow I escaped.... (and it did feel like that)! Reading the reviews on here I don’t think I am alone in my view. I’ve never posted before but such was the strength of my feelings with my experiences at Liveperosn I felt I had to! I hope it helps and inform you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 444 English Reviews