London Borough of Camden Employee Reviews about "flexible working"

Updated 22 Feb 2019

3.6
London Borough of Camden CEO Jenny Rowlands
Jenny Rowlands
Pros
  • "Agile/flexible working is excellent, your laptop is your office so you can work from anywhere(in 15 reviews)

• "Agile working gives me the chance to collect my kids and spend time with them(in 6 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "flexible working"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Excellent flexibility"

5.0

I worked at London Borough of Camden full-time

Pros

Excellent Flexible working, encouraged from the top/down. Modern/sensible approach to WLB.

Cons

financial restraints from wider funding concern

London Borough of Camden2018-05-25

June 6, 2018Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your positive feedback, its always good to hear what we are getting right... long may it continue! Funding is a concern at Camden and almost all public sector organisations, unfortunately its a reflection of the times we live in. Hopefully the cuts and efficiencies we put in place to achieve our financial targets will be a success, as I'm sure it will as we have a first class time working behind the scenes to drive the necessary changes.

2. "Business support"

2.0

I worked at London Borough of Camden full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working Pay ok People ok

Cons

No progression if your face doesn’t fit Stagnant Very little opportunity Staff facilities considering it a new building are poor and cafe is so expensive and not subsided

London Borough of Camden2019-02-23

April 15, 2019Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your feedback. Good or bad it’s healthy for Camden to hear what employee’s past or present think as we are always looking to improve as an employer. It would be good to get detail on some of the issues you noted as well as what recommendations you would make to improve the working environment, so please feel free to contact the resourcing team directly. Your feedback will be handled in the strictest of confidence.

"Camden Council"

1.0

I have been working at London Borough of Camden full-time

Pros

Flexible working and very relaxed

Cons

No progression. Very difficult environment if you want to progress, not a place for high achievers.

London Borough of Camden2019-01-12

April 15, 2019Resourcing Adviser

4. "Lovely place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at London Borough of Camden full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Clean, modern main office. - Friendly staff. - Good benefits. - Flexible working. - Supportive management.

Cons

As many other reviews have mentioned, the fear of restructure is always looming. A lot of staff feel they have been poorly advised on their roles due to constant change and management don't communicate well. Personally, i've found it okay. My manager has been great in supporting me with personal issues and encourages me to speak up if i have an issue. I've only had problems with certain team members who have been 'difficult' to work with and as a result have maybe made my first few months here a bit frustrating. None the less, i like my role and the opportunities I get given.

London Borough of Camden2018-10-24

April 15, 2019Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your positive feedback. Good or bad it’s healthy for Camden to hear what employee’s past or present think as we are always looking to improve as an employer. Although you feedback is on the whole very positive It would be good to get detail on some of the issues you noted as well as what recommendations you would make to improve the working environment, so please feel free to contact the resourcing team directly. Your feedback will be handled in the strictest of confidence.

"Modern Dickensian style workhouse"

Former Employee - Business Advisor [HR] in London, England

I worked at London Borough of Camden full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working, modern offices, good location,

Cons

Poor line management support, poor performers not managed, money wasted, too much work, fear of restructures

London Borough of Camden2018-02-18

June 6, 2018Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for your feedback. Whilst the feedback on the whole is negative we will take it on board and see where we can make improvements. As with any organisation we can't get it right 100% of the time but we will look in the mirror and make changes where we can if it means improving the wellbeing of our staff. In my experience there have been many changes to ensure we listen and support our workforce, it's a shame your experience is very different. I would be keen to discuss with you in more detail so I can feedback to the correct people, I look forward to hearing from you.

6. "Parking operation"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in King's Cross, England

I have been working at London Borough of Camden for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working. Working from home. Good work/life balance. Laptop is your office so you can work from anywhere. Great Manager.

Cons

Pay increase less than inflation. Budgetary restraints on training and development.

London Borough of Camden2017-12-09
  7. "Friendly environment. Meaningful work."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Kings Cross, England

I have been working at London Borough of Camden full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Agile/flexible working is excellent, your laptop is your office so you can work from anywhere. Good people, and it's nice to be making a difference instead of a profit.

Cons

Can be risk averse at times, so a slower pace of change than you might find elsewhere. Some politics, though not as much as you might think.

London Borough of Camden2017-05-31
  8. "Leaseholder Services"

I have been working at London Borough of Camden for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, allows for flexible working.

Cons

No chance for advancement or innovation. Not a place for someone who wants a challenge.

London Borough of Camden2016-10-05

January 17, 2017Resourcing Adviser

Thank you for you feedback. I agree its a friendly place to work as well as allowing flexible working for our diverse workforce, I would be keen to find out more about the not so good aspects. Please feel free to contact the resourcing team to discuss further so we can pass on your feedback... in confidence of course.

"Good organisation"

I have been working at London Borough of Camden full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organisation is definitely working hard to improve its practices. They constantly seek to better their equipment, find easier ways to do things and achieve their targets. The working hours are fine, flexible working is definitely respected, as are working from home days and vacation time. Salaries are exceptionally high for the effort one is required to put in one's job. Definitely a place to explore for a while, and get some valuable experience, as the Council can at times attract top graduates and interesting people.

Cons

The Council is extremely hierarchical (although they will deny this). It is common to see executive positions filled by unqualified but politically cunning staff, and under-performance can only rarely be challenged. Organisational politics are very hard to navigate, and every senior manager seems to be playing one type of game or another. Depending on whose toes you thread on, it can become a toxic environment.

London Borough of Camden2016-10-01

January 17, 2017Resourcing Adviser

Thanks for the feedback, some good and some not so good. I agree we are working hard to make everyone's working life better, still some work to do but we are getting there. I would be keen to hear which part of Camden you are referring to with respect to senior management issues, it would be good to get specifics so I can feedback and hopefully make a difference. Please contact the resourcing team should you wish to discuss further, of course this would be in the strictest of confidence.

10. "Overall an excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in London, England

I have been working at London Borough of Camden full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Agile flexible working arrangements are great for families. The council generally looks to be innovative and is trying to manage the savings as sensitively as possible and puts their residents at the centre of their approach.

Cons

Extra responsibility is not usually accompanied by any pay recognition... As the council restructures and has more matrix management this is not as well implemented as it might be.

London Borough of Camden2016-04-30

May 18, 2016Resourcing Manager

Hi thank you for taking time out to leave a review. We will pass your comments to management teams. Thank you once again

Found 15 reviews