London School of Science and Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "student services"

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great team and really nice lecturers and many handy staff to help you with stuff that your job does not always cater for. I am also able to study whilst at LSST as they offer flexible hours

Cons

some times the place gets busy and the best staff are always in class however i think that they are good when they reply to emails straight away

2. "Nepotism The Major Feature"

I worked at London School of Science and Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None us less you are a member of the owners family or a friend of the family

Cons

Most senior posts are only held by males. Most senior posts held by members of one family. Too many staff appointed through being friends of the owner. Minimal number of UK students, virtually no White British students. Tutors expected to teach students from HND and now up to Degree standard with many students with poor understanding of the English language if any. Tutors heavily and over criticised because of student pass rates and attendance. Staff who question anything are criticised, bullied, insulted, forced into leaving. Staff turnover is incredibly high, female staff leave because of the way they are treated. Staff are encouraged to write positive reviews of the college on external web sites with the suspicion that they may get promotion, favouritism or even payment for this. The pay is not only below that of public colleges but also below that of other private colleges. Excellent Tutors leave because of the pay, conditions and how they are treated. Nothing has changed since the Guardian newspapers critical articles of 2014.

Advice to Management

They cannot change but should change to concentrating of education and not profit

"Quite disappointing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Something new if office work is what you like and working in education. Most staff are friendly to work with.

Cons

Sadly in my department there wasn't any team work and I was undermined a lot. The hours you put in wasn't appreciated, and despite being new there was high expectations to be met without any training.
    Poor holiday allowance and salary.
    Communication was very poor between myself and the manager as he kept himself to himself. I got on with people that weren't in my department better than my own manager.
    My senior was very rude and a big bully, and loved to pass the blame onto others.

Advice to Management

Please look at the bigger picture and see that if complaints are made about something numerous times, do something about it rather than leave it alone. These problems will occur again and staff will carry on leaving as it's not right to allow staff to be mistreated. This is something I did not expect working in a school as staff there really acted childish and you did nothing about it and let it continue.

4. "Lecturer view on LSST London"

Current Employee - Lecturer in London, England
    Current Employee - Lecturer in London, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of amazing staff and students from whom you can learn lots from. There are great opportunities to build your profile and experiences.

Cons

Lots of admin for a lecturer - marking, checking, assessments, observations, much more - so I would like to think that this makes LSST stronger and stronger but comes at a cost of my research time?

5. "good experience"

Former Employee - IT Lecturer in Luton, East of England, England
    Former Employee - IT Lecturer in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at London School of Science and Technology part-time (More than a year)

Pros

very friendly colleagues and staff

Cons

not very well established organisation

"A mediocre employer"

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology part-time

Pros

Located at prime location.

Cons

A lot of internal politics, unnecessarily favouring students against staff members, and average salary.

7. "Lecturer"

Current Employee - Lecturer in Wembley, England
    Current Employee - Lecturer in Wembley, England

Pros

Friendly working environment and Employer is Pro Personal Development

Cons

Company is Still growing HE Institution

Advice to Management

Keep on Working Hard to reach a fully flaged University

"Student Abassador at LSST"

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology part-time

Pros

Happy to learn and also help company that teaches me and working with so many brilliant people at LSST. I was also able to help staff with interviewing senior people for LSST news section and this helped my confidence.

Cons

Lots of expectations of me so I always have to be my best and also have to set example to others. Its hard work so wish it was more relaxed.

"Finance staff"

Pros

Training and office staff are engaging and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Lots of work and lots of policies to learn.

"Lecturer"

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time

Pros

Some good resources and books to use for my students and lots of support from staff

Cons

So many rules to keep the place in check so I spend lots of time making sure all is perfect and that this can take up my teaching time. Some students also are asked to do lots of reading rather than discuss ideas.