London School of Science and Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 January 2018

4.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Former Admissions Staff"

I worked at London School of Science and Technology full-time

Pros

Great manager who was always there for me - I really loved the students that visited us and the job allowed me to support students in making the correct choice for studies in the future. I also got lots of help from the academic lecturers and they really allowed me to move in the company.

Cons

Some staff simply take too much on and they should delegate it as there is a supporting environment there. I also did not like some staff who lied to me - but that was my own issue.

Advice to Management

Please allow new staff to meet all campus staff and allow them to visit Luton and Birm staff as this allows us to feel part of something huge.

2. "Business Lecturer - 4 years"

Pros

I have been with LSST since the last 4 years and I am leaving this week, today! I must say I am really going to miss my amazing students. I will really miss my colleagues too. The reason is that there is no place like LSST - busy, fun, supportive, always something on, always supportive of my work.

Cons

I wanted to leave after 4 years becuase I was feeling really comfortable and wanted a change. I had been there and done that. I also felt some staff did not get my academic judgement - but after speaking with senior managers it became better. I feel some staff who enter the company are really impressed with how much respect LSST gets from business outside. I also want to let everyone know that students need to focus more on research - please please use the library for the latest research - they will help YOU!!!

3. "LSST HE sector"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology as a contractor

Pros

LSST is growing fast due to its partnerships with UWL and London Met Uni and because it has loyal staff who want to make a positive difference.

Cons

There are so many new regulations and so many regulators that things have to be perfect and perfect every time.

5. "My best job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Good work life balance
    Good work dynamics
    Good work facilities
    Opportunities to grow futher

Cons

Alperton is a nice area with too many nice indian food shops so not good fot mantaining a waist line.
    There are many courses so you need to be a specialist to understand them.
    There is a healthy compitition at LSST and you have to always work at your best

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and grow your business

6. "views of a lecturer after 4 years"

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time

Pros

I have been with LSST since 2013. The place has really become great since it partnered with UWL and London Met. I teach on many modules in business and finance areas.

Cons

The courses are very vocational so I do not focus too deep on theory and some students who want theory will need to see me after. However, the majority of students prefer the real world focus and like this method of delivery .

7. "Lecturer"

Current Employee - Lecturer in London, England
    Current Employee - Lecturer in London, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology (More than a year)

Pros

- Fab staff
    - Amazing affiliations with large companies
    - Good hours
    - Great partnerships with UWL and LondonMet
    - Amazing students

Cons

-Some staff are in other campuses like Luton and Birmingham so you can not really get to know them too well
    -Large organisation with lots of managers so hard to know what they can expect from you - unless you ask them

Advice to Management

Need more research papers - more is always good!

8. "LSST Senior Lecturer"

Current Employee - Senior Lecturer in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Lecturer in London, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have been with LSST for over 6 years. Have seen it all. LSST is unique and is the country's largest and most widespread HE provider and has amazing partnerships with the University of West London and London Met University. Its students get invited on CNN, senior directors and editors speak with LSST students. Mayors visit the campuses across the country. At LSST you feel a sense of pride in that you are helping students that are missing from Higher Education. Just look at LSST's website for more information - www.lsst.ac

Cons

Distance between campuses is large so you need to rely on phone calls and emails for urgent matters.

LSST needs to expand its campuses as the place is usually over-subscribed due to its popular courses.

Advice to Management

Keep going. Keep expanding. Keep positive.

9. "Professionality sacrificed by inexperienced, cheap workers!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England

I worked at London School of Science and Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretend to be nice and professional!

Cons

This organisation does not have any real foot in the academic world. They employee graduates with no experience of the subjects to teach most subjects because they are cheap and mostly have no status in this country therefore get kicked out before their contract runs out.
    Anyone can work there so long as they do not ask for pay and holiday!

Advice to Management

Your style of running this business is outdated. You need to invest in employing the right people to do the right jobs for you instead of getting any one to stay for a month or so and then leave because you make them work too hard with no payment!

10. "Lecturer"

Former Contractor - Lecturer in London, England
    Former Contractor - Lecturer in London, England

I worked at London School of Science and Technology as a contractor

Pros

Had met some talented people there

Cons

Family run business and lot of internal politics

Advice to Management

A professional attitude overall should be adapted

11. "Good place to grow professionally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with them for about three years and a half. I am very happy with the Managers, I have learned a lot from them. I have moved from one department to another and I am very happy that they encourage staff to apply for different positions internally.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit higher but I am sure in time I will get where I want.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate hard working staff but please let go those who do not fit here.