London School of Science and Technology Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

1. "Lecturer"

Former Contractor - Lecturer in London, England
    Former Contractor - Lecturer in London, England

I worked at London School of Science and Technology as a contractor

Pros

Had met some talented people there

Cons

Family run business and lot of internal politics

Advice to Management

A professional attitude overall should be adapted

2. "Professionality sacrificed by inexperienced, cheap workers!"

Former Employee - Employee in Wembley, England
    Former Employee - Employee in Wembley, England

I worked at London School of Science and Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretend to be nice and professional!

Cons

This organisation does not have any real foot in the academic world. They employee graduates with no experience of the subjects to teach most subjects because they are cheap and mostly have no status in this country therefore get kicked out before their contract runs out.
    Anyone can work there so long as they do not ask for pay and holiday!

Advice to Management

Your style of running this business is outdated. You need to invest in employing the right people to do the right jobs for you instead of getting any one to stay for a month or so and then leave because you make them work too hard with no payment!

3. "Good place to grow professionally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wembley, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with them for about three years and a half. I am very happy with the Managers, I have learned a lot from them. I have moved from one department to another and I am very happy that they encourage staff to apply for different positions internally.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit higher but I am sure in time I will get where I want.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate hard working staff but please let go those who do not fit here.

5. "Good place to grow"

Current Employee - Lecturer in London, England
    Current Employee - Lecturer in London, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cultural diversity of different employees and student is very enjoyable for me. You can find people from all around the world there. As employees you will get different flexible opportunities for your career development. Since I joined I had the chance to sit for an exam and therefore I got more work after passing that. My line manager from the first day trusted in me and my abilities, this give me a good filling to prove him right. Also I feel responsible to give it back to the organisation. in LSST they will care about you and try to financially satisfy you as well. This is definitely happening when your performance is good and fit to the purposes. I like the management style ( leadership style ) in LSST in total.

Cons

As other organisation, there are still some weaknesses and the work load might be a bit too much for some people. Personally I like challenges and I do not mind the work load, so for me its OK.

"A Culture of Systemic Incompetence"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at London School of Science and Technology full-time

Pros

It provides learning to individuals who may otherwise have no access to higher education.

Cons

Grossly toxic culture of incompetence at every level, from frontline staff to top management with exception of few people. Highly fragmented and divisive workforce, many of whom are motivated by money, power, tribalism and camaraderie. Ethics and professionalism are foreign to many. Quality assurance processes are mere window dressings, instruments to satisfy regulators, not the learner. No doubt the learner speaks poorly of the organisation.

Advice to Management

The organisation has the potential to become a truly credible learning organisation if the following is done in an honest and open fashion:

1. Reassess why the organisation is in this business.
    2. Review the core purpose and vision of the business.
    3. Collect unfettered opinions of existing staff (from all departments and learning centres) about your processes.
    4. Review past and current opinions of learners about your processes.
    5. Listen and genuinely act on these findings.
    6. Take full stock of the organisation's existing capabilities against the competences it should be known for.
    7. Map these competences against the capabilities you already have and those you don't but must have.
    8. Put the learner at the centre of the organisation's operations. Be a truly student-centred organisation.
    9. Decentralise core functions such as HR, academics, operations, marketing, registry, etc.
    10. Hire, reward and retain highly qualified people.
    11. Assign people to the right roles.
    12. Promote a culture built on meritocracy, integrity, and transparency.

Just because the organisation is in business today doesn't mean all is well. Remember Enron, Madoff Investment Securities, etc.