Long View Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Long View Systems Reviews

Updated 13 Nov 2019

3.6
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison

"Very Patriarchal Environment"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Manager

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seem to have some intelligent staff Dedicated employees

Cons

Suffocating work environment Little to no communication and asking employees to lie to customers Zero transparency

Advice to Management

These back door ethics may work in Canada and Denver seems to be that way, however at the end of the day ethics is imperative to retain clients. Practicing best practice guidelines in IT is mandatory. Ethics and vision start at the top, if you embody that so will your employees as will your clients.

Long View Systems2019-03-18

"Try to change, but execution is poor at best"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Edmonton, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company Christmas party Other colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it. They talk about getting free training every quarter, but either you don't have time for it because of your crappy work-life balance, or it never gets approved - even though it is marked as an expense to calculate your bonus. Inconsistent messaging around incentives and how they are figured out. Some support teams are well... off in relation to coverage, while others are barely surviving. Management put all the "cookies" into a single individual for a single client and then expect you to do everything and then some. The idea of going to a centralized service model is mind-boggling considering clients were complaining about the delivery of those services. Salaries are sub par based on current markets

Advice to Management

Everything in the cons needs to be addressed before you lose more people. People leave Long View for every single one of these reasons above. As a seasoned LVSer, I left for all of these reasons.

Long View Systems2019-02-28

"Desorganiaed mess"

Former Employee - Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free soft drinks in the fridge and free food for lunch on Thursday, very nice people, very competent expertise

Cons

lits of very smart people's that are running like headlines chickens with no long term vision. Most projects I've seen are messy, desorganised from the very start to the very end. Accepting project when everyone is overbooked and unable to deliver is just normal. Way too many micro managers that only focus on one with no real long term vision or resources balancing. Not a place to work or to grow

Advice to Management

The journey is as important as the final goal, top focusing on the past day, enjoy the journey

Long View Systems2019-03-27

"You're Just a Billable Asset"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The leadership team at my site are doing the absolute best they can after being saddled with a terrible contract they had no part in negotiating or signing. - I can speak to the team that I work with at my site and say that they are a wonderful group of people who try the best they can in difficult circumstances. - The Christmas part is pretty decent.

Cons

- The company doesn't hire based off experience nor tell you what to expect from the site you are being sent to. It feels like working for a temp staffing agency, except they say it's a place where you can build a career, which is not true. - There is a complete disconnect from head office staff and us "billable assets" out at client sites. They don't attempt to make us feel part of the company and they just want... you to keep showing up so they can keep billing the client. They don't care at all about the culture and morale at the site you are located at. - The pay is way below market rate and they have been signing bad contracts with clients where even the quarterly incentive system is being stripped away. - They talk about how they offer free training, except it isn't free, they take it off of your incentive, which should be your bonus for the markup they make off of you. - Constant pressure to make the site you work at more profitable, even though the company signed the bad deal in the first place. - Team Leads are left to suffer the brunt of discontent from the client and receive little to no support from the company. - Work environment hinges on unsafe and company is completely unaware of what they signed up for. - You just exist to make money, they could care less about what happens to you and your career as long as you are a billable asset. Show up, track your time, make Long View money and that's all they care about. - I personally worked extra hours over the holiday season with the promise of a gift of some sort from the company in exchange for it, we are two months from that over time worked and still nothing has been paid out.

Advice to Management

- Treat your billable staff like human beings and not just resources to be shipped out to some site to never be seen again. - Pay at least close to competitive salaries. - Don't sign contracts that don't make money.

Long View Systems2019-02-19

"It's a Different Pile..."

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible workplace, work from home. The work is interesting.

Cons

It's flexible because there isn't any meaningful organization. Nice people, or nice to your face? Revolving door for staff, people are here until they get paid more somewhere else.

Long View Systems2019-02-26
  6. "Committed to the right decision"

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Always willing to listen to concerns and or ideas

Cons

Feedback could be more often and specific

Advice to Management

Give team leads more time to tackle leadership

Long View Systems2019-02-10
  7. "Average Employer"

I worked at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Some Managers are very good.

Cons

Lack of communication. Quick to fire attitude

Long View Systems2019-02-11
  8. "You want to work here!"

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing support and management - open door policy and very understanding of a work life balance

Cons

no complaints for me so far!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Long View Systems2018-12-31
  9. "Organization has great people and culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Organization has great people and culture

Cons

Lots of unpaid overtime - just an incentive bonus.

Long View Systems2019-01-01
  10. "A Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

friendly and capable management interesting projects, a good amount of variety not repetitive take on the employee feedback continuously improving international collaboration is amazing ability to work remotly

Cons

lack of employee review from client feeding up to the top

Long View Systems2018-12-14