Long View Systems Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Long View Systems Senior Consultant Reviews

Updated 16 Aug 2017

1.0
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison

"Consulting services team member"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Appear to be professional at the surface when hiring you.

Cons

1. Unethical recruiters and project managers 2. The company will hire you as a permanent full time employee and then increase your rate and offer you a contract. Once that happens, they will cancel your contract and let you go. It happened to a few full time employees. Be very careful when accepting any offers. There is no job guarantee and theirs moral and ethical values do not exist 3. If you are hired as a... short term contractor you may not get fully paid for your hours. You may be on site full time but if the project is delayed or there is not enough work, you will not get paid for being in office. You will be blamed for being in office and you will be asked an hour-by-hour report so your hours can be approved. 3. Even if you do not get paid for being available, and being physically in office, you will only get paid for hours you worked. You will not get paid for being in office if it was a slow day or the project work is halted by the client for any reason Be very careful before you accept any offers.

Advice to Management

1. Do not be cheap and Unethical in your business practices 2. Pay your employee for the work and do not threat him that if he express his opinion the employment will be ended 3. Do not force full time employees to accept a contract 4. Remain within law when it comes to labor. Sooner or later, someone will take you to court for not paying your employees

Long View Systems2017-08-16

"If you need work, you do what you need to do but don't trust them. It's all smoke."

Senior Technical Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Long View Systems

Pros

Centrally located in down town Houston.

Cons

They talk a lot about team and culture but like most consulting companies it comes down to the numbers. They generally have a bad reputation in Houston and are incompetent at selling professional services which will prevent you from hitting your bonus targets. Management changed hands and they systematically released all of their consultants within a few months of each other. I would not trust them with my career or... livelihood not would I believe anything they say.

Advice to Management

Bringing in an axe man is not the way to grow your company. It was a poor move to let go of all your most talented personnel.

Long View Systems2015-03-09

"The long view is Don Bailik getting paid, and I suppose there is nothing so bad about that. Why the gimmick?"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Central office. Good location. High turn-over, so always new people.

Cons

They have no business plan and do not value talent. Say they have expertise in many fields that they do not.

Advice to Management

Please stop being so phony. So petty. We get that you are ruled by fake Don and Calgary, but grow some balls.

Long View Systems2013-12-14

"A great place to work if you work in he Canadian locations"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provided a competitive salary, and there was plenty of opportunity to learn new things if you werw willing to put in the time and effort outside of regular work hours.

Cons

Management consitently extered pressure to find the next contract. High turnover in senior technical staff in the Denver office provided an uncertain enviornment. Being on the bench and turning down an assignment due to a lack of actual expertise was frowned upon unofficially.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your technical staff, and allow the Denver office more autonomy.

Long View Systems2013-10-27

"Many mistakes were made, I should have turned around an run the other way before working for them."

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems for less than a year

Pros

I was paid, finally. The check cleared.

Cons

Very unprofessional in working with independent contractors. I would not recommend them to any of my contacts.

Advice to Management

From my vantage, seems like there is very little process in place for your recruiters and contractors/employees to work with. Many mistakes were made in my dealings with you. And not a lot of damage control.

Long View Systems2012-11-23