Lovisa Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 Jan 2020

2.1
Lovisa Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director Shane Fallscheer
Shane Fallscheer
Pros
  • "Alongside of your 50% discount on everything you learn the ins and outs of running a business(in 70 reviews)

• "Staff discount and skill progression(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was often told things like "How will you feel if (other employee name) sells more add ons than you(in 68 reviews)

• "Where do I begin; the regional managers are all obsessive and intense(in 66 reviews)

"I LOVE MY JOB!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in London, England

I have been working at Lovisa full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at Lovisa are definitely the best I have worked alongside in my career- everyone is so supportive and we are definitely one team working towards one dream! The opportunities for progression are amazing due to us being such a fast expanding global brand- it's so exciting to be a part of something so inspiring!

Cons

Lovisa is so faced paced, in order to keep up with current trends and bring the latest runway looks into stores at high street prices. It is definitely a place that'll keep you on your toes- there is never a dull day in a Lovisa store! Time flies when you're having fun!

Advice to Management

Our managers are the best of the best and work incredibly hard to maintain their high store standards and outstanding customer experience- an inspiration to their teams!

Lovisa2019-03-05
  2. "Terrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Christmas Temp in Nottingham, England

I worked at Lovisa part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good discount on the products but to be fair the jewellery is cheap enough without discount anyway.

Cons

Management not approachable and don’t make you feel valued at all, hours long and late, whole team often expected to work til midnight untangling necklaces (as far too much product is out on the shop floor) and moving displays constantly, unnecessary amount of unpaid training sessions which are mostly monotonous videos online, supposed to get to pick some jewellery as part of uniform allowance but never did, pressure to be expected to know how to fill out complicated sales sheets and cash up alone, ridiculous amount of plastic used in deliveries which is not sustainable

Advice to Management

The way the company is organised and ran in Australia might work over there but it certainly doesn’t in the UK. Not one of my colleagues enjoyed working for Lovisa.

Lovisa2020-01-15
  3. "Love the atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Lovisa part-time for less than a year

Pros

communicate with customers and management very flexible

Cons

The Store manager was not friendly

Lovisa2019-10-28

"Horrible."

Former Employee - Stylist

I worked at Lovisa part-time

Pros

%50 off... Sometimes good music on the store CDs

Cons

The company breeds a toxic work environment

Advice to Management

Grow up

Lovisa2019-11-24

"Tremendous pressure, demanding and depressing"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lovisa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your team (when you’re not made to work alone) are what help you get through the day.

Cons

Senior management calling every 30 minutes to check up on you and sending pictures of the standards every day!

Advice to Management

More staff in. More support needed. More relaxed on uniform! You “love” people accessorising and having fun with their jewellery yet they can’t express themselves through what they wear.

Lovisa2019-11-16

"Run away"

Current Employee - ASM- Assistant Store Manager in London, England

I have been working at Lovisa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount and that’s it really

Cons

Everything else it’s just long

Lovisa2019-10-30
  7. "Meh"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Lovisa full-time for less than a year

Pros

50% off in the jewellery

Cons

Terrible choice of employees only teenagers

Lovisa2019-10-09
  8. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Lovisa part-time

Pros

You get a 50% staff discount

Cons

Management, hours, no respect for personal life and studies

Lovisa2019-10-02

"Horrible workplace"

Current Employee - Stylist in Newcastle, England

I have been working at Lovisa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

50% discount of poor quality jewellery, made some amazing friend

Cons

-horrible bosses -not given proper breaks -paid wrong constantly -expected to do the most on minimum wage -told conflicting information constantly -told off for not wearing make up -made to feel like you should stay hours after you finish getting paid -do a cleaners jobs but not enough time too -no one is trained enough -never given good feedback even when you try -shifts change constantly -left alone on shifts at least once a week- cannot stress how awful this is -only luck arses do well -don’t appreciate anyone -expect you not to have a life - AT ALL -looking for a new job ASAP

Lovisa2019-09-30

"EMBARRASSING AND UNPROFESSIONAL"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Plymouth, England

I worked at Lovisa full-time for more than a year

Pros

50% off products and free team piece every 6 months

Cons

No toilet, left in the store for 5 hours minimum, no air con, praise bullying, no respect, dirty workspace, never paid properly

Advice to Management

If you have self respect for yourself, mind and body, if you are strong minded and also have responsibilities outside of work eg: kids, mortgage this is not the place for you. First of all if you are management here you only have the name as managers and assistant managers - they can not approve anything, they don’t do rotas, or anything a normal retail manager can do. your regional manager will ring your store 3 times a day everyday (this is your manager) you are all working for the regional. 4 hour Part timers will have a key to the store and cash up just the same as a manger. They promote part time/full time girls to become managers or outsiders who have never had manager experience so that you think the way they are treating you is normal - do not think this is how a manger should feel because it’s not. The regional managers who are young Australian girls (company is Australian) will visit the store here and there to practice there new manipulative lingo to feed there ego. You are all spoken and treated like children wether your 60 or 16. The treatment seems to be the same in every Lovisa store so this is there culture and there way of running the stores - not good. Embarrassing and disgusting company to work for, this company should be investigated.

Lovisa2019-09-28