Lumi Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 March 2018

4.0
Richard Taylor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Lovely people, lots going on"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Lumi Technologies as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The people are great - really committed to Lumi and easy to get along with. They care about each other.
    - Family atmosphere - people stay for ages, move around roles and around the world. They build long lasting friendships. Even though it's a global company it feels connected.
    - Lovely working environment - Bohunt Manor is beautiful. Minneapolis office is very cool (I haven't seen all the others).
     - there's lots of change at the moment as we bring on new products and enter new markets, so opportunities to be involved in new things and make a difference.
     - strong senior management
     - flexible working - can work from home
     - good set of benefits in UK
     - for some roles there's lots of travel to interesting places - work hard /play hard mentality

Cons

- could be a clearer direction/strategy
     - there's a bit of a disconnect between, on one hand, the start-up mentality and on the other hand, a family company that's been around for years.

Advice to Management

- make the hard decisions

2. "Great people, great journey"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liphook, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liphook, England

I have been working at Lumi Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lumi attracts great people that stick around a long time
    Lots of development and promotion within
    Great technology/products developed in house
    Global opportunities
    Tech/app sector- growing
    Varied work- all in it together attitude
    Summer Party!
    Office in manor house and beautiful grounds
    Casual dress code in the office

Cons

As an SME- promotion and role change opportunities whilst often available are sometimes perhaps more limited in scope or availability than may be the case at a bigger corporate. (Just finding a con as this forms asks me too! It’s a great place to work and I’ve been here 11 years)

Advice to Management

Don't ever lose that family company, supportive feel
    Do continue to add to training programme for team members and the company benefits scheme- the new Gym membership scheme is great- more things like this would be good

3. "No more family feeling after restructure"

I worked at Lumi Technologies full-time

Pros

Employees are nice to each other, offering work in a relaxed environment. Supervisors are usually easy to deal with.

Cons

After the restructure, some employees were split into other organisations, creating a weird working relationship.
    Everyone starts to feel: what will happen to their jobs?

4. "Great People"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Lumi Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lumi has some great people. They care about the work, they care about each other.

Cons

Not for someone who is not tech savvy.

Advice to Management

Listen to the market and adapt more quickly.

5. "Great people"

I have been working at Lumi Technologies full-time

Pros

Very nice people throughout the whole company and great atmosphere. Very nice location and work environment.

Cons

Not the most amazing career progression available or particularly competitive salaries

6. "Came for 6 months stayed for 10 years"

I have been working at Lumi Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Incredible family-like atmosphere. Very open management and lots of opportunity to progress both geographically and in role, regardless of starting point.
    Genuinely interesting products and projects.
    A large percentage of staff that leave end up coming back when they realise how much they miss the place

Cons

If you don't like fast moving companies don't work here. Even though the staff stick around for years the pace of change is sometimes hard to keep up with.
    Not really a con but everyone works exceptionally hard sometimes at the detriment to their social/family lives

Advice to Management

Don't let the migration of centralised functions from the UK to the US change the company culture.

7. "Growing my career with a well-respected tech company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Lumi Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Lumi for over 5 years and have seen my career and professional skill set grow throughout that time. Opportunties for international business exposure, inter-departmental exposure, and professioanl development are plentiful. Lumi offers the benefits of an established, international company with the nimble, fast-moving attitude of a tech start up. I've grown to consider my colleagues an extention of not only my professional network but my personal as well.

Cons

Lumi a mid-sized company spread out over a very large georgraphical area (12 countries). Especially in the US, empoloyees often work independantly and with limited day-to-day oversight. If you are not used to this, it can be an adjustment - we Skype a lot!

Advice to Management

I'd just ask for continued transparency into the innovation pipeline and direction of our business on our global monthly calls (this has been awesome!) and a continued effort by leadership to align sales efforts, training and resources on a global scale - we communicate but not sure we are truly working in sync yet!