M&G plc Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

M&G plc CEO John Foley
John Foley
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Client Services in London, England

I have been working at M&G plc full-time

Pros

Work/life balance good. Management is supportive. Salaries are competitive.

Cons

Departments differ significantly in terms of structure, most people don't know what the team sitting next to them does.

Advice to Management

Promote integration with more awareness sessions around the company as a whole and different departments.

M&G plc2017-04-02

"Good quiet place"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at M&G plc full-time for more than a year

Pros

9 to 5 hours, overall friendly people, good name in the industry

Cons

New CEO austerity regime means poor pay and bonuses, lots of politics, not very innovative, poor promotion/career growth perspectives. Some people have been there for 20 odd years and aren't going anywhere, so the chances of making it to the top are slim unless those people retire or something..

Advice to Management

Focus has shifted from people to vusiness digures. Don't forget it's the people who bring you results! You lile to position yourself as a family-friendly employer, however you don't even have work share or any other family friendly policies. Need to get more advanced with your HR!

M&G plc2017-03-20
  3. "Good work life balance"

in London, England

I worked at M&G plc

Pros

Good work-life balance. Allowed me to work part-time, and flexibly, for which I was extremely grateful as I was bringing up a family. A very English feel to the company (which I welcomed, having worked before for an American outfit, where working part time or taking holiday were both frowned upon).

Cons

Tended to be rather male dominated when I worked there, but I think this is changing. Knew someone who felt they weren't taken seriously as a part-time worker so they switched to full-time. Decent, ethical senior management (when I was there) in my view. The team I was in was moved into a gloomy, cramped and depressing first floor location which I loathed and was one of the main triggers for my leaving. Not very... generous pension arrangements.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. M&G seemed to me to be a pretty well run company.

M&G plc2017-03-20
  4. "Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at M&G plc full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good working environment

Cons

Work from home is still a struggle to be approved.

M&G plc2017-01-26
  5. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at M&G plc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great working environment and career progression opportunities

Cons

Pay not competitive and slow decision making, bottle necks

M&G plc2017-01-24
  6. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addlestone, England

I worked at M&G plc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good work life balance ethos Excellent benefits Good location in London Recognition for good work Good social scene with many events arranged for varying interests

Cons

Management becoming more detached from the workforce Too much paperwork and bureaucracy No definition between what is a junior or senior role Lack of definition how to make the step up from one role to the other as mentioned above

Advice to Management

Get to know your direct reports before making potential life changing decisions regarding their future, and if they would like some feedback on why the decision has been made be sure to have that information available

M&G plc2017-01-10

"Not trust worthy at all"

Technology in London, England

I worked at M&G plc

Pros

- Flexibility - Some team members - Some management team - Thats about it to be honest

Cons

- I disclosed all my details and had it in writing about my past, based on that i got the job. They utilised all my skills and let me go on baseless grounds. Perfect time to to get rid of me as I was due my bonuses. - Beaware, before leaving your job if you have past history. DO NOT TRUST THEM.

Advice to Management

Trust your staff, some of us gave you our everything and made sure the business was going in correct direction. Also, when you let someone go and they try to contact you.. atlease reply as they may have genuine reason.

M&G plc2017-01-13

"Manager discretion"

in London, England

I worked at M&G plc

Pros

Business tries hard to promote good values and is very much 9-5

Cons

All the above is only at your managers discretion. Escalation process Is uncomfortable. Friends are favoured

Advice to Management

Things are moving in the right direction, keep it up

M&G plc2016-12-08

"Ok, but not amazing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at M&G plc full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you want to leave at 5pm and enjoy a work life balance - this is it. Solid name on a CV, old established name in the industry.

Cons

This is a frustrating place to work if you want to be at the vanguard of asset management. M&G is resistant to change, not innovative and has not had clear direction from the top for many years. Board members have been at the firm for so long they don't see any other way of doing things. Talent leave and flourish elsewhere. The culture is cliquey and rooted in favouring those who've been there the longest. It can... be disheartening to work with staff that focus on leaving at 5:01pm, particularly if you're used to a faster higher-charged environment.

Advice to Management

Numerous committees, lengthy catch-ups and the consensus culture means that no "big" commercial decisions are made, change isn't effected immediately and projects take months, even years to complete. Smart people want to work in faster paced, forward thinking environments that reward innovation.

M&G plc2016-11-24
  10. "A great company"

Former Employee - Head of Business Management in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at M&G plc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. The company is welcoming and genuinely is interested in the employees flourishing. This makes the firm a good place to work.

Cons

Indecisive, lacks direction from senior management and doesn't root out under performers. This can make M&G a very frustrating place to work.

Advice to Management

Sort out the structure quickly!

M&G plc2016-11-03