MHA MacIntyre Hudson Reviews

3.7
MHA MacIntyre Hudson Chairman Rakesh Shaunak
Rakesh Shaunak
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great training & manager support"

Current Employee - Audit Executive

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful training through apprenticeship and internal courses Managers have a lot of experience. Great coaches.

Cons

Has very busy periods with extra hours expected. But manageable.

2. COVID-19

"Fantastic team, not convinced by the wider company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in London, England, England

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for more than a year

Pros

I cannot fault my team who are all highly talented, knowledgeable and fun to work with. We work on numerous interesting projects which is exactly what I want to do.

Cons

The company as a whole is not impressed me - it is run by a group of accountants whose actions wreak of penny pinching. Small gestures go a long way for me. I don't think I'm particularly demanding, but there are various problems I have with how I'm treated. I regularly use a phone for my job and despite my requests MHA cannot provide me with a London phone number (it is embarrassing calling clients from London with a Midlands number so I use my personal phone instead - it's company policy that there are no mobiles for below Directors I believe). They won't support me cycling to work (no biketowork scheme) and they are unaccommodating to cyclists (no easily accessible lockers to store kit in for the week). I've now worked at home for over a year due to the pandemic and they have not provided me and budget for buying kit to do my job (they provided a laptop, but I ideally need a monitor and mouse to work efficiently and effectively) Despite working 30% overtime for the last 9 months I received no bonus.

Continue reading

3. "Great company for those training towards accountancy qualification"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Audit and Accounts Semi-senior in Northampton, England, England

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time

Pros

At MHA you will be part of a team that is always looking to help and improve your skills and experiences. There are great opportunities to progress internally and gain a wide range of experience. The firm does focus on ensuring you have enough support not only for your day to day jobs but also when you are out of work for studies.

Cons

Working from home has been challenging at times as one of the biggest benefits of the job is the people you work with, although the company has done it's best to react to the new challenges.

April 19, 2021Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review. We are pleased you are having a good experience with the firm. Lockdown has been a challenge for all, and we recognise this is even harder for those who are training. I think we are all looking forward to getting some time in the office in the coming months, albeit very gradually.

"Supporting my career"

Current Employee - Audit Supervisor

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The firm has really supported me since I joined 6 years ago. It gets busy at times, but the Partners have been so supportive and understanding. I feel like they care about me, not just the hours I bill. I joined as an AAT apprentice and am making my way through the ranks and there has been good training to support each level I have worked at.

Cons

The only con has been working from home and missing seeing the team, but I know this isn't something that could have been avoided.

April 19, 2021Recruiting Manager

We are so pleased to hear you are having a good experience with us! We work hard to support trainees (and all staff at all levels) to develop and progress in a way that feels right for them.

5. "A great firm that cares about its people"

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent company to be a part of, it genuinely cares about employees' well-being and has been very supportive during challenging times.

Cons

Workload can be tricky to manage at times.

April 19, 2021Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review. We know work gets really busy; working in a growing firm is both exciting and challenging, but we endeavor to support our employees, both personally and professionally.

6. "Review"

2.0
    Current Employee - Accounts Assistant in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent people to work with

Cons

Terrible HR department, study support isn’t what it is made out to be

April 26, 2021Recruiting Manager

Thanks for leaving this review. I would ask that you please contact us; we will look into any issues and work with you to resolve them. Please contact your local People Operation Partner (POP) as soon as you are able. If you aren't sure who your local POP is, please email leanne.wilkins@mhllp.co.uk and I will direct you.

7. "Okay"

Current Employee - Audit Junior

I have been working at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly teams and managers so always help available

Cons

Training program is not great, thrown straight into work.

April 19, 2021Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving a review for us. Our trainees really do hit the ground running, but we offer lots of support in the form of mentors, a supportive HR team, a structured training and development programme, and an experienced management team. If you feel you need more/different support, please do contact the HR team and talk this through, everyone is different and we recognise this.

8. "Good"

Former Employee - Tax Executive in London, England, England

I worked at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working, good exposure to complex matters

Cons

Old working methods, no scope for progression othe than those who work in Audit and Accounting

9. COVID-19

"Underpaid, under appreciated & overworked! Avoid"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I worked at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time

Pros

They moved into a modern open plan London office in January 2020 (but given the move to remote working, I would question whether this is really a pro anymore).

Cons

Unprofessional HR team (one member of staff turned up to a virtual redundancy meeting in a dressing gown). Staff were forced to go in at the start of lockdown despite government advice. Staff were not trusted to work from home and were subject to ridiculous time sheets and multiple daily check ins. Priority is quite clearly profit over people.

Continue reading

February 24, 2021Recruiting Manager

Thank you for leaving a review. Your feedback helps us to understand more about what we are getting right, and what we can improve on. With this in mind, please do feel free to email us at hr@mhllp.co.uk if you would be willing to elaborate further. Our London office lends itself to collaborative working, with lots of areas to meet and talk with colleagues. We saved the very best view in the building for the coffee and lunch area for this very reason. While we may all be working from home more in the future, we certainly don't want to lose the value we derive from being together and sharing ideas. We wish you all the best for the future.

10. "Brilliant Employer"

Former Employee - Audit Junior

I worked at MHA MacIntyre Hudson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good chance to develop with excellent training opportunities. Nice management and team al make you feel welcome.

Cons

High pressured environment and holiday hours.

February 24, 2021Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience with the firm!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews