MRL Consulting Group Employee Reviews about "mrl"

Updated Feb 26, 2021

Found 16 of over 65 reviews

4.1
MRL Consulting Group CEO David Stone (no image)
David Stone
Pros
  • "I have been with MRL for over a year now and loved every second(in 16 reviews)

• "Good commission structure and benefits(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I personally don't believe there are any cons from MRL(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "mrl"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Feb 26, 2021 - Group Manager Training & Development in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at MRL brings you opportunities - it's a place where you can develop personally and professionally and you're totally supported by your colleagues, managers and directors. David Stone is an honest and approachable CEO, always willing to listen and his open door policy makes you feel really valued. Yes, he expects you to be committed and work hard, but the rewards this brings are worth the effort. There are real opportunities to develop an international career with MRL, so if you're looking for the ability to work in exciting markets, with an established brand, where your professional (and personal) ambitions can be realised and have fun while you're doing it, then MRL is definitely the employer for you.

Cons

That the 4 day week was introduced after I'd left! :o)

MRL Consulting Group Response

Group Operations Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. We hope that the growth you experienced whilst being a part of MRL has set you up for success in the future, and that wherever you have ended up provides you with the same level of support and development we are proud to offer.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

The most loyal company....

Feb 24, 2021 - Sales Administrative in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I consider myself extremely lucky to be part of MRL, David and Kelly really look after their staff - they are loyal, trustworthy and do everything in their power to help you when it's needed, they never give up on you and if something needs to change due to your personal life they are there with you along the way. I would 100% recommend MRL as a place to work

Cons

I really can't think of anything...

MRL Consulting Group Response

Group Operations Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for sharing your experience of working at MRL. Without our back office staff, we wouldn't be able to operate as effectively as we do. Thank you for helping to keep our company running smoothly, we hope you remain with us for many years to come.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

21st century, cutting edge employer!

Jun 10, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Now I'm sadly approaching dusk in my employment lifetime - and having been with MRL for more than a decade - I can honestly (and without too much sugary sentiment) admit that MRL is the one company I wish I'd been able to work with when I was younger. Okay, so it didn’t exist thirty odd years ago but let's not split hairs! David Stone, even though I know he'd hate the praise, is the finest Chief Exec I've ever worked 'with' - not 'FOR' as he frequently corrects people! - and actually knows everyone by their first name (not as daft as it sounds since some company leaders never learn their staff member's names or anything else about them). And with excellent rates of pay, outstanding training, support and development opportunities, frequent - and occasionally boisterous! - company events, a fully funded sabbaitical every five years plus numerous other cutting edge staff benefits, why would you work anywhere else? Oh yeah, I almost overlooked the small matter that we all now enjoy a FOUR day working week for FIVE day's pay: literally, every week you have at least one day's holiday in addition to weekends... now who wouldn't be for a three day weekend, every single flipping week?! ;)

Cons

I'll be honest, and having been here so long, not everyone who's joined MRL has succeeded and paths have inevitably parted - the industry at this level is tough and it takes an even tougher person to succeed. But for those who have, I'm sure many would happily admit that MRL is probably the best company they've ever been part of - and maybe ever will. There's a deep and rare cameraderie here that I've never experienced before in my half dozen or so previous employers.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The #1 place to be for career growth and training.

May 16, 2019 - Account Manager in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with MRL for over a year now and loved every second. The management were very respectful of my 0% knowledge of the market and helped me through every process to placing my first deal. The office always has a upbeat attitude and my colleagues are very helpful and friendly as we all want to achieve the same goal. If you are looking for a company to kick start your career in recruitment I would only suggest MRL. + we also just started a 4 day week.

Cons

I personally don't believe there are any cons from MRL. The CEO is incredibly motivated to make sure this is the best recruitment company in not only in Sussex but globally.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of a kind!

Dec 6, 2018 - Account Manager in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for MRL for 9 months now, having come through the Academy Graduate Scheme. From the moment I walked into the office it was clear that this is a place I wanted to work. I was made to feel very welcome and part of the team as soon as I joined. MRL offer all the support you could want or need to be successful in recruitment. It is a very enjoyable place to work, with an excellent team culture. The training that is provided is excellent and never ending - whether you are a seasoned consultant or a rookie, there is always help for you if you want it! MRL strongly believe in rewarding their staff, so if you are willing to put in the graft and work hard, you will soon reap the rewards! If you are a driven and hard working person who wants to work for a very well established and highly reputable recruitment company which has a great team culture and invests in it's staff, then MRL is the place to be. I can honestly say that I enjoy coming to work everyday!

Cons

Can't think of any at all.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A truly excellent place to work. You'll be showered in love and support whilst earning a decent wedge.

Jun 6, 2018 - Consultant in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the moment I walked in, I was made to feel welcome and part of the team. You're given excellent training whilst also having the chance to use your recruitment skills you've acquired in previous roles. MRL have an excellent reputation within the tech industry and I can see why. If you're a hardworking and ethical person you will fit in extremely well. A sense of humour is also a must. There are no hardline KPI's, you just need to work hard and do your best. There's a great social life and the chance of trips away, too. Want to earn lots of money, have the chance to travel and work in a great team environment? Give MRL a knock.

Cons

You earn well and have fun but you do put in the hours. I guess that's recruitment though?

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Administrator

Jun 1, 2017 - Administrator in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

While at MRL, I have expanded my abilities in Administration, HR, and Office Management. It’s given me the chance to train professionally in my field with taking a Level 2 NVQ – Business & Administration qualification. This has allowed me to train up new staff and refine current processes. On top of that, I have built a solid group of friends that I work very well with. David Stone and Kelly Robertson have been fantastic mentors to me and have taught me a lot. If anyone is looking for a recruitment company that offers amazing perks and a really nice environment, I’d highly recommend MRL.

Cons

My only con would be that I wake up regulary on a Saturday morning with a hangover!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Excellent from top to bottom

May 19, 2017 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for MRL for just under a year and I have to say it was the most enjoyable of my working life. I live 40 miles from Brighton so I had a hefty commute into the office by train every day using Sothern rail (don’t get me started on those clowns) MRL is a democracy, no one consultant is more important than another with a genuine togetherness that is completely unique. They have no egos within the business yet remain highly driven and professional as they have David Stone who they can trust to do the best by them. David is a brilliant person and boss, he has a way of installing self belief in his consultants and will always offer support and understanding while being honest with them at the same time. All in all I cant speak highly enough of MRL

Cons

I cant think of any at all

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Brought me in to the world of recruitment!

Jun 23, 2016 - Account Manager in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I originally started in the graduate academy with no previous recruitment (or even sales!) experience. The academy provided a healthy mixture of classroom based theory and practical modules which developed a solid foundation and skill set in both traditional and modern headhunting techniques. Going through an individual training plan to become an Account Manager allowed me to focus on key strengths of managing complex accounts across multiple territories. This in turn has resulted in me becoming one the company’s top performers. In my opinion MRL provides a unique, mature and highly productive environment to work in. Enabling the best possible results through individual support in a fun yet challenging work environment.

Cons

Not many (if any) come to mind! Office is a jovial place to work.... can be easy to get distracted (not too bad of a negative I suppose!)

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

What a fantastic place to work

Jun 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Hove, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work hard and the rewards will come to you. But from day one you get rewarded very well. A great salary for the geographical area, pension, free health care and I have travelled across Europe, Middle East and Asia too. The little things in life matter and when you get recognised for the hard work you put in as I have, it makes a great job that much more enjoyable. (Along with the free fruit, great coffee and fantastic facilities) Come to MRL they said, it's a great place to work they said. And I can't disagree

Cons

We only need hard working employees. Work shy shirkers need not apply

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews