Macy's Employee Reviews about "credit cards"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 995 of over 24,222 reviews

3.4
Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette
Jeff Gennette
3,230 Ratings
Pros
  • "They give special employee discount so on holidays sale its a kind of bonus(in 1717 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule & plenty of hours to be picked up(in 1128 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Macy's preys on low-income customers (often hard-working immigrants with a language barrier) to open credit cards with astronomically high APR rates(in 997 reviews)

• "Long hours during peak season when it is busy(in 620 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Macy's

Join the conversation on

Consulting

3d

a

Director

I’m hiring for an M level strat role at a boutique NFT agency. We’re working with F100 brands to build and execute Web3 programs (like Macy’s thxgiving NFT drop but way better). If you’re passionate about crypto and have legit strategy chops, I want to hear from you!!!

11 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "credit cards"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fair workplace. Fun!

Jan 14, 2021 - RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR in La Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent work place. In my experience, what I am scheduled is what I will work. Fair and honest work place. Managers were genuine. PTO, Employee Discount, Benefits for full-time employees. Fun people to work with!

Cons

A lot of responsibility for what you are compensated. Hours are not very flexible, be prepared to sacrifice weekends and holidays. This is to be expected in retail. High pressure on daily sales goals, and credit cards. These numbers reflect your review.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee

YIKES

Jan 11, 2021 - Sales in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're a hard worker, you have the ability to stand out. There's a modest discount, and most co-workers are friendly and helpful!

Cons

Macy's preys on low-income customers (often hard-working immigrants with a language barrier) to open credit cards with astronomically high APR rates. I'm a capitalist and even I'm disgusted by the gross predatory culture they've created. They are a loan shark moonlighting as a department store.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee

My experience at Macy's

Jan 13, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Acceptable salary. Good discount for employees.

Cons

The Macy's credit card is such a hassle. Employee pre-paid is sometimes confusing and doesn't work well.

Be the first to find this review helpful