Found 131 of over 153 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay, low hours, hard to move up" (in 18 reviews)
- "Employees forced to endure daily pep rally's led by awful management ." (in 16 reviews)
- "We’re undervalued, disrespected and shat on every single day by our abusive manager." (in 8 reviews)
- "can become overwhelming, long hours depending on time of year." (in 6 reviews)
- "I was also hired as part time work but did 40+ hours a week with no benefits." (in 4 reviews)
- 3.03 May 2023Actor/PerformerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- managers are great and so lovely - perks at work/employee discounts - free coffee/tea (not the best but it does the job)
- no overtime or extra pay for bank holiday shifts - long shifts during peak periods - rate of pay isn't in line with London living wage, which isn't ideal for a huge company in central London full of employees who spend about an hour's wage a day to get into work because they can't afford to live any closer than an hour's commute away lol
- 1.012 Apr 2023OperationsCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
The people are nice and the pay is every two weeks
They make you stand for long shifts, no flexibility in working pattern. The breaks are inadequate. The management have a favourites
- 3.012 May 2022Gift Shop AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
A fun and busy place to work with plenty of variety, so no two days were the same. Really interesting place and a unique experience.
Lack of coherent and important training in order to do the various roles correctly. Expected to cope with huge queues of visitors by oneself, with no assistance. Time spent by floor supervisors criticising in meetings, rather than constructively using the time for the training. The floor supervisors are young and inexperienced with no idea of how to motivate their team or allocate tasks to the most suitable staff for that role. However, the senior management were very helpful and dealt with issues swiftly when made aware of the problems within departments. I was accused of all sorts of things from being late, to applying lipstick in the washroom! All were untrue, but the manner in which I was spoken to on too many occasions, lead me to give up and resign. Life's too short to have to be treated like an idiot by undertrained and inexperienced supervisors!
- 5.07 Dec 2022Retail AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
- friendly management and staff - rotating shift areas
- could get busy - rude customers at times
- 3.010 Aug 2022Attractions HostFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Free tickets, you can explore the venue without tourists.
Management don't really care about your well being, put profit ahead of anything else.
- 2.030 Jan 2022CommercialFormer Employee
you will find a few gems at this place, there’s some amazing people and managers.
They don’t care if you turn up to work stinking of alcohol, still drunk (despite the job being very family-centric), they will just hide you in the back and ask you to unpack boxes.
- 1.09 Oct 2021TechnicianCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Nothing anymore. I feel totally done with it
Everything. The main thing is the pay. I’m training staff who are on the same money as me. I cried to my manager about barely being able to afford to eat, and nothing is ever done. They treat us like crap. I’m paid less than when I started when I was 21, and I know how way more responsibilities. I took a 1k pay cut after Covid, for no reason - happy to get the roof fixed but will slash my wages?!
Madame Tussaud's Reviews FAQs
Madame Tussaud's has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 153 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Madame Tussaud's to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.
63% of Madame Tussaud's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Madame Tussaud's 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.