Magellan Health Customer Care Associate Reviews

"Needs improvement"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Variety of schedules which are convenient

Cons

They care more about the call volume than their employees

Magellan Health2019-11-04

Magellan Health Response

November 5, 2019Recruitment Marketing Director

Thank you for the review, so sorry you did not enjoy your time working here. At Magellan we strive bring our A-Game only and be compassionately curious with those we serve. Thanks!

"Decent Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Richmond, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Magellan Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedules. Free lunches sometimes. Slower call volume outside of peak season. Food trucks.

Cons

Pay could’ve been better. If you have a strong work ethic, they will put more responsibility on you without more compensation while others get by with putting in minimal effort, making just as much if not more than you. Some departments are open on holidays. Internal systems should be more sophisticated.

Magellan Health2019-04-27

"Decent Work Environment"

4.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Associate in Hinesville, GA

I worked at Magellan Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard work is rewarded; Management does show concern to employee personal issues; Training is in-depth and lets future employees know what is coming around the corner

Cons

Favoritism can affect some management; Blanket rules can negatively affect workers who usually do not cause issues for management

Magellan Health2016-11-20

"Great company to help gain experince in the HealthCare profession"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time

Pros

I want to become a nurse so working for health plan ultimately has taught me so much about health care. Great company. I get a lot of overtime hours but you must be willing to show proof of your work vs, the time it took you to get it done.

Cons

I want nothing more than to find a new job. I'm so exhausted from the workload and the demands from management. They are not realistic with their expectations. They make the job unbearable that the money is sometimes not even worth it.

Magellan Health2016-02-08
  5. "Call Center For Radiology Studies"

Former Employee - Customer Care Associate I

I worked at Magellan Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers, Managers were great to work with in the Call Center Department for Radiology Studies. I can not speak for other departments.

Cons

Pay in the Call Center when indivduals have experience, but do not know some medical terms. The Medical terms were learned in training, so there should of been some type of pay increase after that. Lots of stress to meet stats. Do keep in mind that changes to this department may have been made after I left the company.

Magellan Health2015-11-04
  6. "Customer Care Associate"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Customer Care Associate in Maryland Heights, MO

I worked at Magellan Health for less than a year

Pros

I very much enjoyed working there, the training that comes along with the jobs is Great! Team work it is. They have no problems with helping you with whatever you stand in the needed of.

Cons

I feel if they have good workings why look some where else, They put in all the training and time with that person in building a great team. Why not keep them.. Overall it's a great company to work for.. Wish I had stayed longer, the job was temporary/ contract.

Magellan Health2015-10-02

"Don't apply"

1.0
    Customer Care Associate I in Hllcrst Heigh, MD

I worked at Magellan Health

Pros

Cafeteria and no hours after 7 pm

Cons

The whole management team is terrible

Magellan Health2015-09-26
  8. "Customer Care Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Care Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Job is not difficult, can utilize good benefits, time off is pretty off with paid holidays

Cons

The pay is not attractive at all I started with a temp and when hired permed no bump in pay they stated that "this is what every one starts at temp and direct hires", difficulty getting help for new situations no hands on and one on one training.

Magellan Health2014-07-30
  9. "I Love It!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate I in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Been there over 3 months now and I absolutely love it and I'm so thankful to work in such a professional environment. For the most part 99.999% of the people are pleasant, inviting and friendly and will help you as much as they can. The benefits are excellent and so many days off with paid holidays and even a few floating holidays for good measure - lol. Other benefits include dental, vision, health and life insurance. I finally don't have to work nights, weekends nor holidays and next year I will be working at home, keeping all my benefits. There is a fabulous cafeteria that's sort of like at a major hospital. There is a wonderful staff who helps keep the place clean, that's important to me. Everything I was told is true. I worked for a few companies where I thought I was earning vacation time or getting a certain salary, only to learn, I was lied to. I have also been in places where it's not too clean or too loud in the work atmosphere, you won't normally find that here. As a Coordinator we also will get quarterly bonuses. Last, the company is growing and if you are serious about a career with a job you can retire with, come on board but do your part. If you are a lazy worker, you won't be retained. If you don't like to come to work and like missing a lot of days, you won't make it.

Cons

I honestly haven't had any challenges. I only challenge myself to be as productive because this is an excellent employer who rewards for a job well done. If you can be diligent in your 90 day probationary period, come to work and pay close attention to your work, you can make it here and have a good career.

Magellan Health2014-07-26
  10. "Customer service is not for me!!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Care Associate I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are great! That is the only positive thing I have to say about this company. Everything else sucks!!

Cons

They monitor every single second of the day you are at the company. You can't go to the bathroom without someone saying something to you. They want you on the phones at all times.

Magellan Health2012-08-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 10 reviews