Main Street Hub Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
Main Street Hub Co-CEOs Andrew Allison; Matt Stuart
Andrew Allison; Matt Stuart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work environment is good, great people to work with" (in 29 reviews)

• "upbeat environment and cool people" (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • "The business owners are overpaying for a mediocre product (when it's actually done)" (in 23 reviews)

• "like most sales jobs there is a high turnover" (in 23 reviews)

1. "Great Place, Great People"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture and general vibe here was great. Their values can seem a little culty to newcomers, but once you're there you realize that management is just pumped to be running a good and socially conscious company, and they want to keep it that way. People are friendly and outgoing, the dress code is casual, the snacks are great, and they have an in-house barista and espresso bar – I was spoiled with my first job.

Cons

The workload can be intense at times, depending on your position, but this was starting to improve as I left, so it might be better now. Compensation wasn't great either, but there are a lot of perks, and it's certainly an adequate wage to live comfortably and enjoy life in Austin, Tx.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but be mindful of the opinions of the masses. Unpopular decisions garner a lot of gossip and whispering, and discontent spreads like wildfire. People eventually adapt, but I remember big changes having a worrisome effect on the teams.

17 Oct 2018 – COO

Thanks for this review! I’m proud to hear that you valued our culture, working environment, values, and great perks (!) while you were on our Content Team here at Main Street Hub. It’s such an... More

2. "Not a bad company, just not for me"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, great people and a pretty substantial bonus op

Cons

Not the best product, limited growth ops

15 Oct 2018 – COO

Thanks for highlighting our team, pay structure and opportunities. I do want to point out, however, where we disagree. Joining this team of passionate, hard-working individuals who work hard every... More

3. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a ton of opportunity for great commissions and career growth within the company (has been growing rapidly). Casual atmosphere. Friendly colleagues. Pay is usually pretty well tied to effort.

Cons

All the struggles of a cold-call position. It's necessary to think about your mental health while working this position. Anything short of a positive mindset very easily translates to negative calls. Being on top of that everyday is a struggle.

15 Oct 2018 – SVP Sales

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. I appreciate you mentioning our excellent compensation package + commission structure and career opportunities within our growing company. I also want... More

"Former Sales Employee"

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

Co-workers were fun, smart and hard-working.

Cons

The company work start-up environment is fast paced, lots of energizers, a reward system for closing sales...snack bar, coffee barista, etc.. All this is great but the reason for such system is because the actual job (cold calling business owner to sell an online social media management tool) is excruciatingly boring and exhausting with little intrinsic motivation to stay at the job. 100 call a day is the expectation.. it's a sweatshop of the age of technology.

Advice to Management

Raise the base salary, treat employees as people not cattle. I was in a training team of 50 along another team of 25 that started June 2018. By October of 2018, of the original group of ~ 75 people, only ~ 12-15 are still employed. Speaks for itself.

10 Oct 2018 – SVP Sales

First of all, I appreciate you mentioning your “fun, smart, and hard-working” coworkers on our team. I’m so proud to work alongside so many talented, enthusiastic people every day.

Second, I want... More

5. "Inside Sales Rep"

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

The people who work there are amazing and so full of life! You'll make friends quick and enjoy coming into the office everyday

Cons

The job is TOUGH. You're cold calling small businesses all day long and 99% do not want to hear from you. The commission is good but with the 20,000, you'll basically be dirt poor. This fact will start sinking in around month three and you'll see why people start dropping like flies.

Advice to Management

Be honest! Don't tell people they'll be making an average of 40,000k a year when that simply not true.

20 Sep 2018 – SVP Sales

Thank you for highlighting our amazing team members in your review. You’re right -- they are “full of life,” energetic, friendly, and dedicated, and I’m proud to be a part of our team.

I also... More

6. "Sales Representative"

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

Young vibrant culture. Easy to make friends.

Cons

Not a lot of support from management

20 Sep 2018 – SVP Sales

Thank you for highlighting our “young, vibrant culture” and our friendly, professional team. Our Sales Team is full of individuals who are dedicated to helping small businesses -- they love working... More

"Not the job I was looking for after graduation"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Base pay. Free snacks. Cool people. Good view from downtown.

Cons

Not the type of job I was looking for after graduation. Yes it’s sales.. but the environment feels way too much like High School/College just in terms of the way things are ran, not because of the sales reps or anything like that. When I got to training my first day, there were 60 new hires in the room.. yes, SIXTY FREAKING PEOPLE. You look around the building and you don’t see how there could possibly be enough room to integrate the new hires into their permanent teams after they finish training, so that tells me that main street hub has a pretty high turnover rate, they bring in a boat load of people and fire a bunch of people at the same time, thankfully I quit rather than endure any further misery. In training you sit in a classroom for a month, you do ice breaker activities which made me feel like I was in freshman seminar class, and you are told when you can go to lunch. You raise your hand for questions, have to study (yes study) and look over an extremely fat script they give you to read to the businesses you call. I felt like I was in college and even high school all over again, so I had to quit. They don’t even allow you to miss a day while you’re in training, which is almost unheard of. Also.. in case you have a boat load of money to spend on “pay for parking” garages everyday, your best friend will be city transportation. Main Street Hub does not validate parking in the parking garage directly across from the building that they work in.
    As for as job duties go, you’re gonna be trying to sell something to small business owners that you wouldn’t even purchase if you were a small business owner. You get a “new” list of leads every morning but in reality those “new” leads are just businesses that your coworkers have already called before so now it’s your turn to harass and spam.

Advice to Management

Change up the environment a little to where new hires don’t feel like they’re in high school/college all over again.

20 Sep 2018 – SVP Sales

Thanks for providing this feedback. On our Sales Team, we’re looking for team members who are ready to challenge themselves every day, set aggressive goals, and achieve them as they work hard to make... More

8. "CO-WORKERS ARE TOPS"

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

Loved the people i worked with and the casual dress code and the attempt and innovation

Cons

there was way too much turnover

Advice to Management

too late

20 Sep 2018 – SVP Sales

Thank you for highlighting our talented, upbeat team in your review. I’m also glad you noted our innovative product and company. When it comes to our team, we offer abundant personal and professional... More

9. "Great Company, Great Environment"

Former Employee - Operations Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, the company really values individual insight and rewards hard work.

Cons

Growing pains associated with start up environment

22 Aug 2018 – COO

Thanks for highlighting our culture and how we, as a team, value individuals and reward hard work. I’m proud to work alongside such a talented team of passionate, hard-working individuals who work... More

10. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company to work for.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

none

16 Aug 2018 – SVP Sales

Thank you for this review! I’m proud to hear that you think we’re a great company to work for, and I’m glad that in over a year being on our team you have been finding opportunities to challenge... More