Majestic Wine Reviews

Updated 16 Jun 2021

Found 352 of over 370 reviews

4.0
Pros
  • "Found a new love in wines too, always have(in 35 reviews)

• "Lovely people in store, great staff discount(in 31 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, especially around Christmas Time, but time comes back to you after Christmas is finished(in 75 reviews)

• "Head office management we’re very poorly trained(in 42 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I'm delighted to have joined the Majestic Team!

15 Jun 2021 - Trainee Manager in Stow on the Wold, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Professional and friendly recruitment process and staff, company culture, teamwork, passion for company and product

Cons

I have not identified any cons as yet

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for such a lovely review and we are really pleased to hear that you had a great Recruitment experience with us, We truly believe it is our people that makes Majestic a great place to work. Welcome to the Majestic Team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic experience from day one!

17 May 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great onboarding process- Easy to navigate and it countdowns when you are due to join the business which is a great touch! Excellent Benefits and Pay Great Communication (Recruitment Team and Area Management Team) Offers Retail Trust for staff. Staff Incentives Generous Discount

Cons

No Cons- Brilliant experience so far! I cannot wait to start my journey with Majestic Wines soon. Four Weeks to go!!

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for such a lovely review and we are really pleased to hear that you had a great Recruitment and Interview process and experience with us, especially your point about how friendly and passionate our people are. We truly believe it is our people that makes Majestic a great place to work. Welcome to the Majestic Team, we look forward to you starting with us soon!

3. 5.0

Recruitment process for Majestic Wines

10 Jun 2021 - Store Manager in Ipswich, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very straight forward Good level of communication Made to feel at ease at every stage Delivered on all commitments made Good level of job information provided at all stages

Cons

Due to còvid restrictions there was no element of personal engagement, only via video call or telephone call. This can sometimes feel a little impersonal.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it and it is pleasing to see so many positives that you have highlighted, especially your point on how passionate our colleagues are. We truly believe it is our people that make Majestic a great place to work, and we agree it would be so much nicer to meet all our candidates in person but due to Covid it's very important we keep you safe, we will be seeing you soon! Welcome to the Majestic team!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Majestic really captures the meaning of teamwork and has a real family-like atmosphere. We were all one big team.

5 Mar 2021 - Contact Centre Team Leader in Watford, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

First and foremost, the People!! Everyone I met and worked with were brilliant, friendly and helpful, just really lovely people. Majestic has grown so much as a business and has seen big success through a global pandemic and this is a credit to them through their vision for change, fantastic products and passion for excellent customer service. Although I have left the company, I will be a Majestic customer for life and I will always be fond of the time I had with the business. Teamwork - the way we in the contact centre worked with the stores and other areas of the business supported us was amazing and in a way I’ve never experienced before, Majestic does it first class. If you like change and a fast-paced environment, Majestic is for you! It’s a really exciting time at Majestic currently. Great benefits like pension, staff discount, holiday allowance, post-Peak party was a lot of fun! My time at Majestic was fun, fast-paced and gave me the opportunity to contribute to exciting transformational changes.

Cons

Better testing of new systems ahead of rollout

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Generally positive.

8 Jun 2021 - Sales Assistant in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, discounted wine, 5* training, good comms

Cons

Too many comms, being made to cold-call when marketing prefs on tills don’t work. Store has own call list, which works very well. The given lusts are deeply flawed. Long shifts.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve Majestic for our colleagues, to be a leading retail employer. Your point regarding Cold calling is something we would like to discuss further, outbound calling has always been part of our business and is routinely something our customers feedback on being a positive aspect of our customer relationship care. Listening to customers and understanding what wines they enjoy and what they have come into our stores for is absolutely what we want our teams to focus on over and above anything else. Under our new ownership our focus is on helping customers discover the wines they will love which is why we are so passionate about providing the WSET to our store colleagues. We also believe that this investment in training and individual teams accountability for looking after their customers is what drives a great customer experience. Currents is a great platform for our Colleagues to share their success stories, we regularly, anonymously survey all colleagues so they have the opportunity to directly ask questions of the Board and our Senior management team so that we can truly understand how everyone is feeling and our aim is to be as transparent as possible as a business. We can categorically reassure you that all feedback from stores is addressed by the Board, the Regional Manager team. Given the nature of the business, retail hours are of course part of the role - but we work with our Store and Regional Managers to ensure that this is fair and flexible across our teams.It’s disappointing to hear this was not the case in your experience, and would welcome you getting in touch in confidence so we can discuss this further via confidentialpeoplesupport@majestic.co.uk Best of luck for your next chapter.

6. 5.0

Exceptional recruitment

11 Jun 2021 - Assistant Manager in Old Colwyn, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Polite and positive people to talk to Experienced in the company for difficult questions

Cons

None at all to think of

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for such a lovely review and we are really pleased to hear that you had a great Recruitment experience with us, We truly believe it is our people that makes Majestic a great place to work. Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

7. 5.0

Just brilliant

24 May 2021 - Senior Store Manager in Cambridge, East of England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the product love the people I’ve seen so far have made me very welcome

Cons

Yes I accept long hours and heavy lifting but welcome To retail if you enjoy this then time isn’t a factor as you take pride in your job and love people

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we really do appreciate it. We love the title, Just Brilliant, and that you love the Product and People. We truly believe it is our people that makes Majestic a great place to work. Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

8. 5.0

Recruitment Process

3 Jun 2021 - National Sales Manager in Milton Keynes, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great recruitment experience with Lily at Majestic Wines, clear communication and interview process even whilst in these more challenging times. Really excited to be joining the Majestic team.

Cons

No reasons not to join the majestic team

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for such a lovely review and we are really pleased to hear that you had a great Recruitment and Interview process and experience with us, We truly believe it is our people that makes Majestic a great place to work. Welcome to the Majestic Team, we look forward to you starting with us soon!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Join Majestic to sell wine, say goodbye to life and family time.

22 Apr 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to try some decent wine. Bonus is occasionally good

Cons

I don't want to tear the company apart but truthfully I really didn't enjoy my time with the company. Firstly the obvious, work/life balance is shocking, truly I have worked in hospitality with better balance. I understand retail is un-sociable but Maj takes it to another level contracted 45 but in reality 50+ hours as you are never staffed well enough. Staffing is a massive issue, the expectations keep rising but resources are still at an all time low, also managers take massive liberties with their time. During my tenure I went through four different managers and only one did their full contracted hours with the others inventing TOIL. Communication is a shocker, departments have terrible communication with each other. The company are now enforcing 'outbound calling' it is exactly the same as cold calling but with a new name to stop it being what it is, which was a major factor in me stepping away from the company.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve Majestic for our colleagues, to be a leading retail employer. Our Recruitment Team works incredibly hard to find us great talent but we have always encouraged internal career progression. Many of our Retail Staff apply for different Store Vacancies across our Regions which means that your colleagues in store will change as we promote internally, in 2020 we hired over 400 Temporary staff to support our business and growing parts in Retail. Your point regarding Outbound calling is something we would like to discuss further, outbound calling has always been part of our business and is routinely something our customers feedback on being a positive aspect of our customer relationship care. Listening to customers and understanding what wines they enjoy and what they have come into our stores for is absolutely what we want our teams to focus on over and above anything else. Under our new ownership our focus is on helping customers discover the wines they will love which is why we are so passionate about providing the WSET to our store colleagues. We also believe that this investment in training and individual teams accountability for looking after their customers is what drives a great customer experience. Given the nature of the business, retail hours are of course part of the role - but we work with our Store and Regional Managers to ensure that this is fair and flexible across our teams.It’s disappointing to hear this was not the case in your experience, and would welcome you getting in touch in confidence so we can discuss this further via confidentialpeoplesupport@majestic.co.uk Best of luck for your next chapter.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Place to work, supportive and caring company!

19 May 2021 - Driver in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career opportunities Support from line management Flexibility to suit family life Working with great people Learn about Wine Good Pay and Benefits Support was incredible from Majestic Wine during Covid19. The ability to take control of my future with the support of the management team for me to be myself is refreshing and encouraging.

Cons

There isn't really any downsides.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it and it is pleasing to see so many positives that you have highlighted. Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 352 Reviews