Majestic Wine Reviews

Updated May 16, 2022

Found 436 of over 459 reviews

4.0
Pros
  • "Can’t wait to start with majestic wines(in 38 reviews)

• "Great benefits like pension, staff discount, holiday allowance, post-Peak party was a lot of fun(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours often working alone in smaller stores(in 89 reviews)

• "Looking at great wine all day :( and having to try resist spending your wages(in 62 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Open day experience

May 16, 2022 - Warehouse Staff in Hemel Hempstead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a very nice feeling with the staff and company after my open day with Majestic wine. The tour went well and I got a job with them. Looking forward to working with them in Hemel :)

Cons

No cons with Majestic Wine it went very well indeed :)

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback and for highlighting so many positives, we are delighted to hear you have had such a positive experience at our Open Day. Welcome to the Majestic Team!

2. 5.0

Recruitment Process

May 16, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Speedy and clear communication. Plenty of help and advice offered. A seemless process overall

Cons

None to mention so far

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we truly believe it's our people that makes Majestic a great place to work. Welcome to the Majestic Team!

3. 5.0

On boarding Process

May 13, 2022 - AREA SALES MANAGER in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unbelievably friendly! I've never felt so welcomed, prepared and wanted before joining a company. The recruitment team, interviewers and internal staff were absolutely fantastic. I feel like i'm in great hands!

Cons

No cons so far, all is looking great.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we truly believe it's our people that makes Majestic a great place to work and its great to see you have highlighted so many positives. Welcome to the Majestic Team!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place

May 11, 2022 - Retail Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant team, teach you about the products slowly and let you go at your own pace as they understand the world of wine can be quite overwhelming. Customers are great and understanding as well

Cons

None at all in all honesty

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for the great review, we love the title and could not agree more! Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Early Days But A Warm Welcome & Great To Work In

May 11, 2022 - Retail Sales Assistant in East Grinstead, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

So 2 weeks (6 shifts p/time) into my new starter role at Majestic Wine and, I can honestly say, I'm loving it. The team couldn't have been more welcoming and inclusive and the same can be said for the busy client base. It's a very symbiotic set up to work in so far which is refreshing and takes me back to my initial days in the trade. Being a valued part of a small team, who display totally genuine passion for product, professionalism for their customers and pride in their delivery, has been a breath of fresh air. And from the off I've been allowed to be myself and bring my same passion and knowledge to bear from day one. It's great to be able to bring the right wines, beers & spirits to customers who love being there and, as an employee, to be trusted to do it straight away. Let's see where my new journey takes me.

Cons

None to mention so far.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, great to see that you have highlighted a number of positives! Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great training, a lot of hours alone

May 5, 2022 - Assistant Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can be great fun, sales incentives, bit of a bonus and lots of free wine.

Cons

A lot of time working on your own, pretty long hours, physically demanding

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and glad to see you have highlighted some positives, we could not agree more regarding our great training! In terms of your cons, although sometimes lone working may happen, Regional and Area Managers should be informed of any concerns and Store Teams have complete autonomy with their rotas to manage this fairly on a branch by branch basis and our HR Business Partners are working with our teams to try and reduce this as much as possible. If you would like to discuss your cons further , please do get in touch in confidence with the People Team via confidentialpeoplesupport@majestic.co.uk Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Shame…

May 16, 2022 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

For me the training and immersion in wine was a good grounding in the wine industry.

Cons

- Zero work-life balance. - 45 hour week? You’re kidding, right? - Shortly after Fortress took over the staff discount was severely reduced. I get better discount at a company i worked for 8 years ago, than i did at Majestic. - No perks….. e.g. health insurance. - Low pay. - Every year Majestic run an engagement survey to see what they can improve for staff. Every year work-life balance scores lowest. Ever year it gets ignored. - Pay increases in the last few years have been, quite frankly, insulting. - Tasks! Tasks! Tasks! Tasks! It is relentless. Get on the phones! - You’ll spend a lot of time in store alone, getting pumped, because stores are resourced at least one person light.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice First Job - Would Only Really Recommend to Wine Enthusiasts

May 11, 2022 - Store Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really close, tight-knit teams in a friendly atmosphere. Very varied, nice mix of day-to-day activities - deliveries, admin, putting stock away, serving customers, hosting tasting events. Free wine/beer/spirit tastings. Free WSET training. Lots of branches throughout the country (particularly in London).

Cons

Staffing is always an issue (many days lone-working in smaller branches). Long hours (45-50 a week). Poor work-life balance - expect it to consume your life. Often feels like a dead-end job once you reach store manager level - lack of real career progression although this does seem like an area that they’re working on by introducing some new roles. Lack of understanding at senior management level about what goes on at store level. Poor communication between departments (i.e. IT, finance, commercial etc).

Talent Acquisition Manager

At Majestic Wine we welcome all feedback, so thank you for taking the time to leave a review and glad to see you have highlighted so many positives. In terms of your cons, we are sorry to hear this is your experience while working for us. As you know we run an annual Engagement survey and this year listening groups which has highlighted some clear actions for us around Work life Balance and career development which we are actively working to improve. All vacancies are advertised internally, we have also had a number of vacancies open across the business due to internal progression and in addition we have had a number of Retail colleagues moved into our Buying, Retail Operations, Commercial and Ecommerce Team as well as internal promotions and movement amongst our Retail Division, so I am sorry this was not your experience. Retail hours are, of course, part of the role at Majestic and we understand that these can be challenging. We endeavour to work with our Store and Regional Managers to ensure that this is fair and flexible across our team. Although sometimes lone working may happen, Regional and Area Managers should be informed of any concerns and Store Teams have complete autonomy with their rotas to manage this fairly on a branch by branch basis and our HR Business Partners are working with our teams to try and reduce this as much as possible. If you would like to discuss your cons further , please do get in touch in confidence with the People Team via confidentialpeoplesupport@majestic.co.uk Thank you for being part of the Majestic Team!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excelent company to work for

Apr 19, 2022 - Retail Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning and enjoyable place to work

Cons

No cons . Very enjoyable

10. 5.0

Great Company!

Apr 8, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Swansea, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very professional, Very friendly employer.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for being part of the Majestic Team, great to see that you have highlighted a number of positives!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 436 Reviews

Majestic Wine Reviews FAQs

Majestic Wine has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 459 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Majestic Wine to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Majestic Wine employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Majestic Wine. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

76% of Majestic Wine employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Majestic Wine 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Majestic Wine Job Seekers