Market Traders Institute Sales Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Jun 2019

1.1
Market Traders Institute CEO Jacob Martinez
Jacob Martinez

"I chose to leave MTI, so the Company sued me...again"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I left the company 12 months ago

Cons

I chose to leave Market Traders Institute to remove myself from the constant stress of working there from the time I woke up to the time I went to bed. I did not agree with the leadership on a number of different issues from Ethics to treatment of employees. The lack of growth or advancement in the company’s sales tactics and marketing methods were stunting my professional growth and the frequency and methods we put... “New” products out was weighing on my conscience. Regardless of what company I have worked at in the year that I have been gone your paranoid harassment has not stopped. On the day I left, I requested that I be removed from all internal services MTI had me on so that there was nothing that could connect me to Market Traders in the future or with current MTI staffers. I have been threatened with legal action at least three times since I left MTI just last year. Every time for something different that they dreamt up. Every time they have demanded that I stop whatever they don’t like, regardless of if the request had legal merit. Stop doing what? Having a job? This time they have actually filed a lawsuit against me (and others) claiming that I stole Trade Secrets and am using the sales and marketing tactics that they taught me. The things I’ve learned have come from books, articles, podcasts, and videos that anyone can read, listen to, or watch. Nothing of what I did at MTI or what I do now is proprietary to MTI. Should I stop using skills that I busted my butt to learn and teach myself and further my career? I have no client lists, no trade secrets, and no one is using old sales and marketing practices from ten years ago. Everything MTI does from a sales and marketing strategy has come from what other people and businesses have done for years, even decades. I am not even in the same industry nor have I been since leaving MTI. I consider your actions to be harassment. The things you have accused me of in this ONE HUNDRED PAGE lawsuit are blatantly false and obviously created out of vengeance, ego, desperation and anger. You have clearly not done any research on what I have been doing since I left MTI, nor do I believe you care. You are just determined to harass former employees and scare current employees from leaving. The frivolous lawsuit FILED by Market Traders against me and many other former employees is full of lies and I believe created to scare me into quitting a job that I truly enjoy and bleed my family dry of money, my job, and my future therefore ruining my life. I am the happiest I have been in a long time now that I am no longer with #MarketTraders. I have a wedding coming up to the love of my life and the fake allegations in this lawsuit threaten to have an impact on what should be the happiest day of my life, all for your short term gain. That’s what I get in return for putting almost 9 years of my life into MTI, making this ‘family’ rich and turning Market Traders into millions of dollars. These are the individuals and the type of people I worked for, for those of you who still work there - these are the guys you are backing and continuing to support, fund and help!? There is nothing that I have done over the past 12 months that would have affected your company other than my departure. There is nothing I know that is a threat to your multi-million dollar company. The results you have seen are completely self-inflicted. I have done everything I could to distance myself from MTI to the point of blocking contacts and minimizing any communication with people who still own, manage and work for your company. I do not speak to other people from MTI about MTI because I don’t want to be a part of it in any form. I want no connection to your character, integrity or actions. This is the reason why I stopped talking with many of the people I befriended over the past 9 years. I know how petty you are and I didn’t want ties to anything that might result in additional harassment from MTI. What I do now is in a completely different industry and different job responsibilities then when I was at MTI. I don’t know the real reason why you continue these attacks on me. Maybe you're trying to send a message to the people who haven’t quit yet and are using me as an example for your scare tactics. This is beyond business like you said and has become personal. You have now tried 3 times to ruin my life because I CHOSE to leave a miserable working environment. I was not happy working there. Many people were not and are not happy working there. You literally said that “If MTI is not for you, we wish anyone who leaves the best wherever you go to.” Your actions prove that that is a complete lie. This non stop harassment and filing frivolous lawsuits is hardly wishing us the best. Leave us alone! Your REPEATED actions show that you will try to take down whoever, whatever the cost is for you. I guess that is the message you want to send. I feel that you both are basically bullies behind closed doors. No matter the response to this post, you have shown your true colors to me and now everyone needs to know the truth about your actions. You do not scare me or others. I will continue to grow as a professional while it’s obvious you have not or you would have moved on and made your own success. If something happens to my current position, it will not be because of anything I did wrong over the 12 months since I left your company. It will be because of your continued attacks on an innocent ex-employee to drive your personal agenda. In my experience over the last 12 months since I left, you have failed at all levels, as owners, leaders and human beings with these ongoing attacks on me and others. You should spend more time focusing on your business than ex-employees and what they are doing. I truly appreciate the support I have received over the last 12 months from friends, family, ex coworkers and current coworkers. I will continue to appreciate those who choose to support others above those who choose fear to bring others down to their level. I know that you don’t really believe the charges in the lawsuit filed because it is very easy to prove that we didn’t do any of the things we are being accused of. I know that you are just trying to draw this out for years and drain our money in legal fees without ever having to prove your allegations in court. That's not going to work this time. I won’t let my name, reputation and character be tied to you, with you, or around you anymore. In the coming days, those of us being sued or harassed by you (along with anyone else who wants to stand against this) will be joining forces to share our stories and experiences and form a GoFundMe account to ensure that we get our day in court to dispute these bogus allegations. We will be sharing our experiences with past employees, current employees, vendors, contractors, past clients, current clients, the media, and everyone else we know who wishes to take a stand against a company like this. The bullying stops here! It all stops here. This is not the end of it, it never is with you guys and Market Traders Institute!

Advice to Management

Stop harassing me! I have been gone for over 12 months now. Focus on your own company

Market Traders Institute2019-06-24

"This place is not a great place to work.."

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Met some people that I would consider Lifelong friends. Most of them have left now.

Cons

This place is built around pure lies and fakeness. I cannot tell you how often the Executive level has just blatantly lied to their employees. They have core values that they swear they live by but are the most dishonest group of individuals I have ever come across. It's all for show these core values are. The fact that they "donate and raise money" for a good cause in October is mainly for publicity and a pat on... the back in hopes for one thing, closing more sales. I am not sure how much lower revenue is going to have to go for Jacob to realize that the issues are in the mirror staring back at him. It is so sad to see a place that was once truly a fun place to be, go down hill as much as it has, and as quickly as it has. One of the craziest things I have seen is how they are making everyone sign a noncompete to try to imprison the staff to not be able to go anyplace else. Technically a noncompete will not stand if one is forced to sign without there being a title change, compensation increase, promotion etc. I have heard the "senior leaders" say, "if you are not happy here, go find your happy place" -- This is a joke. The moment you try to leave they basically threaten you and try to corner you into staying. What it comes down to is that people are not being stolen from your company as you suggest and tell some of the other leaders that just gossip to everyone else in the company. Just remember, people don't leave companies, people leave people. I read some of these other response to the reviews that have been posted by "HR" and I can't help but laugh. The response is always "we have been restructuring for long term growth". What a joke. You lost all hopes of longterm growth when every single pillar and anyone with longevity in the company left... On their own.

Advice to Management

Let go of your pride. Start truly living by your core values. Put the right people in place. Be truthful. Focus on your business.

Market Traders Institute2019-04-25

"OMG - Now the very face of the company even left!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Past Employees Breakfast on Fridays Parking Deck

Cons

I had been with Market Traders for a 5 years and can tell you that everyone worth anything has left. It's a classic case of Daddy's little boy trying to run a company when he can't run anything. (square peg in round hole) All of the good people left the company in the last 6 months. The current executives are telling all employees that it is their choice and that it's the direction they want to go. Now to make... matters worse, the face of the entire company has left and yet again, they told employees that they 'let' him go with "our permission". My eyes can't roll back any further into my head. This is something that no one in the their right mind would want to be apart of. A leader who can't lead and a companies whole sole and only purpose is to sell anything and everything to anyone willing to pay for a promise and hope. I finally understand why more than half the company (including the very face of the company and a family member chose to leave), which is why I left. Let me save you time and effort, stay away!

Advice to Management

Step down, get out of the way and realize that you can't and never could lead this company, it wasn't you and never was. Until then, nothing will change except the only inevitable outcome which is months away at this point.

Market Traders Institute2019-01-03

"Ran by family - worst company to work for, no future"

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits and snacks for all employees paid by company

Cons

Where do I start... I came here under false pretenses. I was basically promised a workplace that I'd enjoy and a salary that was competetive. Six months later, I am seeking to leave the company. The CEO is sweet, the President is a stubborn, rude and unprofessional. He's never in the office and expects total unrealistic dedication from everyone and every department. He's in his 30s and has no real interest in his... employees. His brother, the CFO is a lot more professional and is more of a open door leader. I've seen over 25 co workers get laid off/let go on the spot. Even great workers who were here for a long time, all without notice and due to 'budget cuts'. But they continue to hire people that leave other companies to come here and then without a warning of any kind, gone overnight. The company currently faces many lawsuits and getting to know the executives and management better in time, I've come to the realization that this place will continue with the largest turnaround of employees. I come here and do my work. I excel as best as I can, but I feel under appreciated. No kudos just lectures. As soon as I can replace this income to help my family with another one, I will be here. Warning to everyone... Companies excel and grow quickly, just as quickly they fall apart.

Advice to Management

My advise to the President of the company, stop putting your employees down and reward them more often. Your appearance is mostly shown through frustration and hard times and not when we do really well. It's exhausting.

Market Traders Institute2016-09-14

"Demeaning and Deceiving"

Former Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free breakfast every Friday, good benefits, covered parking lot.

Cons

First of all, check their FBI investigation on: Bloomberg : The Con Man and His Mentor Second, all the "5 stars" reviews here are required by the sales guys and executives, after they complete their 90 days and want the raise they MUST write a good five star reviews here, please be careful. Run before it's too late. Where to start... The Martinez family are nice but they have no idea how others are running... the company for them, so I came up with this list to make your life easier: 1- They will be your friends for a while and make you feel comfortable and when they are done, they will get rid of you (and they are not afraid to show it) 2- If you hear gossip going around about you, FIND ANOTHER JOB because your time is done. 3- They call themselves "Eagles" and they don't like to "gossip" but that does not apply for management. 4- Huge turn over during the first week I started - they let go of 2 people, and the number kept going up and up each week. 5- They got rid of amazing people there because they can't handle their ideas or they feared their jobs might go on the line. (so keep your ideas to your self, don't believe it when they say share your ideas with us!) they will own it and own you. CAREFUL 6- All of their products can be found FREE online by other companies, they just duplicated the idea to get more money from poor people by making them believe that they will suffer in life if they don't pay $9k right now. 7- If they hate you and your time is up, you WILL feel it while they look for something/someone to replace you. so GET OUT. 8- "Boys Club" is a thing, if you don't play golf and act like a "rich" person then you considered a minority. And when one of the boys' club does something wrong, they get rid of HR to cover their tracks and hire brand new HR people who are unaware of the previous indiscretions. 9- They are promoting products under so many websites because they want to cover up their bad reviews AND Bloomberg article. 10- Their interview was easy, so when you think you nailed it, remember they will abuse you in the near future, like so many other sales guys

Advice to Management

Martinez family are nice people but who they hired as managers are ruining the company for them and they might not last more than couple years. people stealing and skipping rules just because they have the "power"

Market Traders Institute2016-09-13

"One of the greatest companies ever"

Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute

Pros

Company truly cares about employees.

Cons

Gain weight with free snacks

Market Traders Institute2016-06-30

"Best Company that I have worked for.."

Front End Sales Team Lead in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute

Pros

Cares about their employees, doesnt give up on people. Good compensation for good people. Opportunity for advancement with a growing company. I have been in sales for 15 years and I have never wokred for a company that cares about their people the way this one does. I have been with this company for 3 years now and they have NEVER waivered from their core values and morals. I have been promoted twice since I have... been here and now currently hold a lower level sales management position.

Cons

The cons are more in reference to the false reviews that are put on this site from disgruntled employees that were terminated from the company. People who would all still be here if they had the choice. Dont be fooled by false accusations from the disgruntled. This is a great company to work for. Im sure you will find that for yourself as you futher you research.

Advice to Management

Continue to put the people first as you always had and allow the success to remain the by-product of caring about people.

Market Traders Institute2016-04-05

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Market Traders Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working for MTi full time for almost a year and I love it. What is ironic is when a recruiter first offered me an opportunity with Market Traders Institute I turned it down because of what I read on this site which is why I feel compelled to write this review. After learning more about MTi from a current employee took the opportunity obviously. The TRUTH: This is a very fast paced environment and... we live by our core values. This is serious business but we have a lot of fun in the process. I can totally get why this culture would not be for those who are looking for a 9 to 5 go easy situation. I feel challenged every day to be and do my best in my role. I have been a professional sales person my entire adult life so for me, MTi is the BEST OPPORTUNITY I have seen in a long time! I thrive under pressure and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to add value to my team and MTi. Our founder Jared Martinez known as the "FX Chief" is one of the kindest and most genuine people I have every met in in my 20 years of Financial Services. He has become not only a mentor but I consider him a friend. We are reaching almost 200 employees and he takes the time to know everyone's name and even sing happy birthday to you when you least expect it. He wakes up every day with the purpose of helping change the lives of people all around the world through our education, mentor ship and technologies and I am very proud to be a part of that process.

Cons

For those who do not like change, personal accountability or fast paced environments this culture would not be for you. However, if like to challenge your self to be the best, you like working with the best and you understand the "Grow or Die" mentality, then MTi will be the career for you!

Advice to Management

I understand we must become more corporate as we grow but please always remember how important our people are in this process. You are doing a great job but it is something that is very very important to all us! Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of MTi

Market Traders Institute2016-03-17

"Good learning experience"

Former Employee - Sales in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Software and training to students is really good!

Cons

Salary/ Commission as a sales agent are sub-par. $40k Draw vs. Salary. It was said that is being changed, but if you are looking for a high earning position, get the software and the training instead.

Market Traders Institute2016-03-14

"Sales Closer"

Former Employee - Sales Closer in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Market Traders Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good athmosfere, free snacks and drinks, free breackfast on Fridays.

Cons

Job is about selling a trading program that is available free in the internet. The base salary is good but you will not make comissions over base.

Advice to Management

Bring other products because the ultimate trading program has its days count.

Market Traders Institute2015-12-10