MarketFinance Reviews

Updated 22 Jan 2021

3.6
MarketFinance Co-Founder and CEO Anil Stocker
Anil Stocker
Pros
  • "One of the things that I loved most about MarketInvoice was the opportunity to work with smart and talented people from all over the world(in 14 reviews)

• "Great culture, super smart people- amazing team(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The first 30 days of working at MarketInvoice was the strangest 30 days of my working career(in 6 reviews)

• "Loyalty and contribution not rewarded, very limited career progression opportunities(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "A great company to work for!"

5.0
    Former Employee - Operations in London, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time

Pros

Great culture and great people!

Cons

None as per I know.

2. "Good co"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

its a young and fun place to work

Cons

more education on product and howit works

3. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Marketing & PR Executive in Shoreditch, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Location Good Culture Good Management Team

Cons

Encouraged flexi-work but seemed sceptical when it came to it.

4. "All the negative reviews are spot on. Can see HR trying to hide them with one line positive reviews."

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MarketFinance full-time

Pros

People are nice despite working in an environment designed to keep people down despite the promise of progression. Managers even mention that staff are underpaid.

Cons

Leadership is shocking. Elitist and has no ability to relate to people in the company. Disengaged who love to use buzz words but always comes across as awkward. It's so poorly run the turnover is high and not because 'people cant cut it in the environment' (Why would you let those people in in the first place) People leave because there is no plan to make the feel welcome and people are thrown about and expected to learn on the fly with no training. No diversity on the exec team. My interview process was all men.

Continue reading
  5. "Great team to work with!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to work with some very smart people where everyone goes out of their way to help each other

Cons

High bar set for career progression without quick feedback which can be frustrating at times

September 22, 2020

Hello, thank you for being part of the MarketFinance family for 2 years and thanks for giving us a 5-star rating. We agree with you, we're very very proud of the amazing team of people we have here. Given most employees are promoted within 6-12 months of joining, we believe MarketFinance offers good opportunities for growth but we value your feedback and we'll have a look at individual teams to see how we can improve our career progression systems.

6. "Great mission and gifted team but issues when scaling"

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership truly cares about delivering the companies mission; helping entrepreneurs get on with growing their business, instead of having to worry about cash flow. It, therefore, resonates throughout the rest of the business. The sales/partnership and account management team are extremely passionate about providing great customer experience and work extremely hard to make sure they maintain that level and hit their KPIs. There are also a lot of opportunities to learn and develop across different areas of the business (especially if you are rather early in your career) as teams are mostly small and cross-functional. As you are not really stuck in a role and specific tasks but can easily spend some time on anything which is useful for the company. Everyone recruited had a similar vision and wasn’t against trying new ways of working - meaning you get to work on some pretty cool projects that you wouldn’t necessarily get to elsewhere. Finally, the people. I really enjoyed working with the team at MarketFinance. Everyone is exceptionally talented and driven.

Cons

Something I often found difficult was witnessing a lack of empathy from leadership. Don’t get me wrong, I understand that certain decisions had to be made as it is a business after all but what I didn’t appreciate was the way it was handled. They would benefit from a senior HR manager who advised how to manage those situations and announce difficult news. The companies leadership team felt very unstable throughout my entire time at MarketFinance which didn’t leave me feeling very secure within my role(s). The churn in leadership did however give me the opportunity to experience different roles. There was also a lack of coordination and alignment between the independent teams which reinforced a work in silos and created confusion between company goals. I also feel that they were not ready to scale so rapidly when they did and rash decisions where made off the back of it.

September 23, 2020

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're glad you'd rate your experience working at MarketFinance 4/5 stars. Thanks for being part of our driven and talented team for 2 years. We agree with you, we're very proud of how our team rallies around entrepreneurs to help them get on with growing their business, instead of having to worry about cash flow. We’re also sorry to hear that you didn't feel that company communication at MarketFinance was right for you but, we still want to thank you for sharing your insight. At the end of the day, it's honest feedback that helps us make MarketFinance a better company for everyone.

7. "Great environment, hard work."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at MarketFinance full-time

Pros

Great team and a great product.

Cons

Really tough work sometimes - big targets.

September 22, 2020

Good afternoon, thank you for giving us 4-stars! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and think we have a great team and product 😳. MarketFinance is in scale-up mode, that's probably why you felt the targets were ambitious. We pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture where we all support each other, which makes it easier to smash our goals while really enjoying work.

"Toxic culture driven by reactive leadership and short term outlook"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

People you work with are great but so many people leave because the culture is poor so its hard to build good friendships.

Cons

Senior leadership need to be across everything within the business, ambition for growth is tempered as founders become blockers to decision making processes. Culture can't be one of ownership because co-founders need to be the final decision makers. Demonstrated by the fact 9 members of senior leadership from Sales, Risk, Marketing, HR, Tech left the business in 2019. No way to assess culture because mechanisms were removed eg. survey, town hall questions with opportunity for feedback. Leadership is reactive and only looks short term, so roles are precarious and insecure. Sales strategy and leaders changed 3 times in 2019 so there is no way for people to adapt and succeed. No commitment to diversity really outdated in a fintech - all male board & C-suite, no senior leaders responsible for diversity, this isn't of strategic importance. Quarterly outlook forces people to change gears every 12 weeks so no way to grow and plan your next role, also training budget cut by 50% in 2020 so basically unusable given the cost of external courses e.g. CFA. Business is too reactive so you can't take control of your growth. Office space is tired and untidy, resources and tech are limited e.g meeting rooms. Generally not a nice environment to work in.

May 20, 2020

Hi, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We are a growing and dynamic business which means change is a constant, we’re always growing and learning so suggestions are genuinely valued. Some of them have been already implemented or are in the works. We are putting a lot of effort into making MarketFinance a great home for our excellent talent. Our leadership team answer townhall questions every Friday and we are sending out regular surveys and implementing as many suggestions as possible. MarketFinance takes diversity really serious, we are working on a series of initiatives to improve our female/male ratio. Less importantly but also significant to some, we have also renovated a few areas of the office including several meeting rooms. Thank you again for your insight, it will be taken on board. As a start-up we’re very keen on learning and becoming the company we all want MarketFinance to be. Our team would be happy to answer any other questions you may have should you want to discuss this further. You can email us at recruitment@marketfinance.com

"Software Engineer | MarketFinance"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great attitude toward celebrating people's achievements. When you pass probation, you get a free Amazon Kindle and free books. There is a high level of transparency from senior leadership regarding company decisions and the reasons behind them.

Cons

There is a high level of instability in the senior leadership team (C level), with members joining and leaving the company frequently.

Continue reading

"Inexperience at the top might cause long term problems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreditch, England

I have been working at MarketFinance full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some really good people working at MarketFinance and the business attracts excellent talent, great vibe on the floor, good Shoreditch office location, excellent at managing its brand, strong social media presence.

Cons

MarketFinance struggles to retain management team members and there is a hire-and-fire culture in sales. In pressure situations, the CEO defaults to micro-management and constant restructuring. As a result, his direct reports never stay there long, leading to uncertainty throughout the shop. During the second half of 2019, the head of sales, VP sales, chief commercial officer, CFO, VP Finance, Head of FP&A and VP operations all resigned, and earlier the head of talent also left. The CTO, CFO, VP People and COO roles were vacant for most of the year. No matter how you spin it, that is just not good business and some underlying business problems are therefore not fixed.

March 3, 2020

Hi, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear that your experience wasn’t as good as it could have been. Last year we focused on substantially growing our business, in such dynamic environments change and churn is natural. Considering our people stats we believe we’re within the normal range for scale-ups. We take our time to make sure we’re only bringing in top talent, that is the reason why hiring processes naturally take longer. Our intention is to make MarketFinance a great home for our excellent talent. Thank you again for your insight. It helps us make MarketFinance a better company for everyone. Our team would be happy to answer any other questions you may have should you want to discuss this further. You can email us at recruitment@marketfinance.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 English Reviews