Found 734 of over 9K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The pay is good and the company treats you well which is one of the best things about working with M&S." (in 863 reviews)
- "Friendly staff and was very flexible" (in 504 reviews)
- "People there are nice and helpful" (in 431 reviews)
- "Most colleagues are friendly and personable; more of a 'we're all in this mess together' kind of friendship." (in 403 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and Discount" (in 208 reviews)
- "Poor management at time because too many managers on departments that they are not fit to run and just 'wig it'." (in 588 reviews)
- "Managers are rude and snobby" (in 430 reviews)
- "long hours( ot everyday) having a large amount of inventory buy low sales." (in 283 reviews)
- "We were not allowed an extra short break to warm up even working with no heating." (in 108 reviews)
- "Unsociable working hours." (in 76 reviews)
Reviews about "colleague"Return to all Reviews
- 4.016 Oct 2023Cafe AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPoole, England
colleagues were very nice and kind
didnt give staff enough time to learnMarks & Spencer Response2mo
Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review and thanks for all your great work! We're really happy to hear that our colleagues continue to create a friendly environment in store. We're sorry to hear that you didn't feel there was enough time dedicated to learning about the role. We have a wealth of learning resources available via the Learning Hub but we'd always advise checking in with your Line Manager if you might need some time for further learning. We appreciate your feedback. Marks and Spencer
- 5.028 Nov 2023Customer AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHale, Cumbria, North West England, England
Worked alongside really good and supportive colleagues
Taking holidays could be difficult to arrangeMarks & Spencer Response6d
Hi, thanks for leaving a review. Whilst it's great to see, like us, that you thought our colleagues were amazing; it's discouraging to see you felt the system in place for time off booking was insufficient. We're sorry to hear of these concerns and appreciate your feedback. Marks and Spencer
- 3.015 Oct 2021Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsChelmsford, England
Colleagues are lovely and helpful
Management is not good in any storeMarks & Spencer Response3y
Hi there, thanks for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that our Colleagues continue to support one another. We'd like to take this opportunity to apologise on how you felt about Management in store - as you'll know, one of our values is 'Talk Straight', so this definitely doesn't live up to our expectations. We appreciate your feedback. Marks and Spencer
- 5.029 Sept 2017Customer AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsShepherds Bush, England
(In my store, Westfield White City) there are opportunities to grow in the business and managers will push you towards that if you show the correct attitude and want to grow. Throughout the years of people coming and going you find you make great relationships with your colleagues.
Like every job some managers can be difficult. Organisation can be lacking. Communication isn't always great between departments and between managers > section co to customer assistants. Maybe this is due to my store being very large and model store.
- 1.016 Aug 2021Data AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 year
It has very good Company discounts. It has a wide range of supports. They are many friendly and a knowledgable colleague is willing to help and support you.
Its roles and responsibility can be unclear at some times. Clarification will definitely be helpful. They can be a lot unreasonable ask about fast time turnover time.Marks & Spencer Response3y
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you felt supported and that you and your Colleagues worked together strongly as a team. We're sorry to hear about the concerns you had, we value and take onboard all feedback. Marks and Spencer
- 3.030 Sept 2020Customer AssistantFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Colleagues really supportive and helpful - made the job enjoyable
Some of the managers were quite poor and less than professional.
- 3.028 Jul 2021Customer AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearFalkirk, Scotland
Work is much easier going than competitors. Staff on your level are mostly friendly and enjoy working together as a team. Great nightshift money/benefits. 20% discount is industry leading.
Management more focused on targets and meeting goals than the staff they apply the pressure of these targets to. Atmosphere in most stores is colleagues vs. management (there is hardly any support from management). Management are allergic to doing the job of colleagues and would rather over delegate tasks then complain when they aren't done quick enough.Marks & Spencer Response3y
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave your review! It’s great to hear that you're enjoying the benefits we offer. We're very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to apologies for any issues that you’ve found during your time with us. This doesn’t sound like the way we do things at Marks and Spencer and we’ll make sure your comments are fed back. Marks and Spencer
- 1.01 Jan 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Most colleagues are friendly and personable; more of a 'we're all in this mess together' kind of friendship.
Over-worked managers taking stress out on staff Managers who have no idea what they're doing Recruitment hiring unqualified and idiotic staff year round Work environment akin to a prison; if caught talking, you will be reprimanded. No morale, no incentive to come to work, no initiative Commercial management beyond ignorant and rude.1