Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews

Updated 28 Apr 2021

3.9
Marriott Vacations Worldwide President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz
Pros
  • "Competitive pay and great benefits(in 63 reviews)

• "Great company that takes care of associates and makes you feel like family(in 50 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, under appreciated, boo(in 14 reviews)

• "Upper management is more involved in middle management than they need to be and a lot of roles are taken advantage of here(in 12 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Touch and go..."

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Pros

They try to treat you well. Loads of staff benefits and even an annual Associate Appreciation Week.

Cons

Some departments are over stretched whilst others are under utilised. Some people/departments work really hard whilst others seem to be only seasonally/occasionally busy. There weren't many career opportunities. If you were ambitious you had to leave to progress unless you were lucky enough to have a good line manager.

2. COVID-19

"Depressing as it gets"

2.0
    Former Employee - Marketing in Newport Beach, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time

Pros

The discount is nice if you use it and IF you travel off season. The location is gorgeous IF you take a minute to look. A lot of the non management are very down to earth , fun people. Pay can be decent at times (still always less than what we deserve for slinging timeshare this day and age )

Cons

Specifically the Newport Coast Villas call center environment. The managers there are some of the most toxic people you will ever meet. Covid did not help an already sinking ship (laid off 75% of the team) If you choose to work here plan to be micro managed, harassed, bullied, threatened, lied to all in a days work. They say whatever they say to you but will just change it a few weeks later. The comp plan , your schedule , the gift options , which territory you call for , what your job even is ALL changes at the drop of a hat based on your relationship with the managers that week . It’s depressing how very little they care about their team and it begins to wear. The entire team is absolutely miserable , chain smokers who rely on bong rips in the car and coke bumps to make it through the day . This place could be so much more than it is and that’s why it’s so sad what it became. Half the team has pursued HR action because of the unfair lead distribution week after week. Good luck!

March 4, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. It's good to see you enjoyed the travel discounts and beautiful locations as well as our amazing associates and competitive compensation. We are sorry the rest of your experience did not align with our caring, supportive culture. We take these issues seriously and would like to hear more about your experience so we can try to address these issues. If you're comfortable sharing more about your experience, please email us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com.

3. "Great job for when you need money and benefits"

Former Employee - Vacation Ownership Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got paid $14 an hour and got to work from home. Lower management appeared understanding of the employees plight and general verbal abuse we received from customers when the system screwed the customers over Lower management tends to recognize you for good deeds Free snacks Lower management in general is pretty understanding and full of decent people.

Cons

Systems break constantly, not just for employees, the entire website for the customers. Have to deal with the fallout of owners getting swindled by salesmen Have to deal with the fallout of owners getting double charged, the system preventing them from making a payment, and the general employee vs owner culture. Inept IT and website teams using inept systems that make employee and customers lives way more difficult than need be. Downsizing of critical teams without an attempt to retain new hires other than providing office activities to distract csr and chat employees from the fact they are the punching bag for customers upset at the scammy nature of timeshares. Upper management is completely dethatched from the reality of their call center employees

March 12, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are glad to see you enjoyed the pay and ability to work from home. It's great to see your direct management was supportive, understanding, and helpful to you. Your feedback about our systems and customer issues is helpful. We will share this feedback with the team. If you'd like to share more, please email us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com. Thank you again!

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time

Pros

Very happy here to be working here

Cons

Pay is not that great

5. "Abusive, discriminating mgmt and coworkers"

1.0
    Former Employee - Activities in Doral, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

there is nothing positive about them

Cons

Awful work conditions, mgmt has their favorites, coworker jealousy, abusive practices, dishonesty, discriminating mgmt (which I wrote about in my resignation letter and no one ever cared about this, no one even reached out to investigate this). They do not support or appreciate solid work ethics, academic education or dedication. Their front desk and office staff (except for one kind lady there) does not like anyone who has more education, professionalism or poise than they do. Very hostile environment. The two male top managers have favorites, who get anything they want. It is horrible.

April 27, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not align with our company culture. We take our associate wellbeing seriously and encourage you to contact us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com to discuss further. Thank you again for your feedback.

6. "No Life Balance Culture"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits medical dental hotel stays

Cons

No Life Balance Culture starting from the top. Upper management flaunts their ability to have weekends off and vacation any time. Sales and management team must stay til all hours of the night if there is even the slightest chance of a sale. Regardless of team commuting time some of which are almost 2 hours, top management will make you stay til 10pm and then return the next day at 7:30am! Even though they leave at 5pm!?

7. "Great"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

Great place to work at but high expectations

April 27, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your positive feedback about your experience at MVW! We strive to encourage a healthy work-life balance for all of our associates and manage expectations appropriately across teams. Thank you again for your review!

8. "Love it"

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Singer Island, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time

Pros

Great customer service! Great prices!

Cons

Loved everything! everyone was so kind

April 27, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

We’re so glad you enjoy the experience of working at MVW! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

I do not have any Cons to report

April 27, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

We’re so glad you enjoyed the experience of working at MVW! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

"Marketing Coordinator work as a Concierge to sign up guests to sales presentations in exchange of gifts."

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work duties, expectations and results are clearly presented and seen. Good kick backs from tourist attractions and highest bonuses from work results in the industry. Clear path to sales department if you are interested where you make even more money. Overall very pleasing work with good income. Great hotel discounts (80% off) for you and your family and great tourist attractions for free - to try as a concierge to promote their business.

Cons

Always changing schedule that puts best marketers at busiest times makes it difficult to plan life. Stressed out money hungry managers go back and forth with their decisions forgetting about line employees. Bonus structure changing every month.

February 5, 2021Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience at MVW. It's great to see you enjoyed the work, benefits and opportunities to earn incentives. If you are interested in sharing more about your experience so we might improve, please email us at AssociateServiceCenter@mvwc.com. Thank you again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 735 Reviews