Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
Marriott Vacations Worldwide President Steve Weisz
Steve Weisz
Pros
Cons
  • "Questionable upper management who hire friends and family and make up positions for them(in 11 reviews)

• "Discounts in hotels are a scam just if you earn a lot of money you can pay it(in 10 reviews)

1. "Touch and go..."

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Pros

They try to treat you well. Loads of staff benefits and even an annual Associate Appreciation Week.

Cons

Some departments are over stretched whilst others are under utilised. Some people/departments work really hard whilst others seem to be only seasonally/occasionally busy. There weren't many career opportunities. If you were ambitious you had to leave to progress unless you were lucky enough to have a good line manager.

Advice to Management

Senior Leaders across all departments need to lead by example.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2015-06-21
  2. "Great Company. Unfair and biased upper management and staff."

Former Employee - Vacation Sales Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Health Benefits. Hotel Perks

Cons

Questionable upper management who hire friends and family and make up positions for them.

Advice to Management

Employees see when you you treat one employee different from the other. Be mindful of your nepotism.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-23

"Overall, great company, pay and benefits."

Former Employee - Senior Director in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic associates across the world. Real team environment.

Cons

Growing too quickly and sacrificing seasoned associates for cost cutting measures. Not much room for growth once you move out of hourly to management in the corporate side.

Advice to Management

Appreciate all your associates who have stuck with you through the worst and best of times. Cutting corners and key associates breeds mistrust and lack of loyalty.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-06
  4. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

No talking to customers, lots of busywork, PTO and holiday pay, management is great!

Cons

Hours can be long sometimes

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-02
  5. "Good money, dead end job"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Newport Coast, CA

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money, good work life balance, make your own hours, easy job if you don't mind making 100+ calls a day

Cons

Dead end job, poor management, mundane and repetitive job, no positive culture or values

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-14
  6. "Crooks"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hours, Thats pretty much it!

Cons

0 credibility, ethics or integrity! If you don't lie cheat or steal you will never make it here! Its unfortunate that a company this size has stooped to the level of Westgate and Diamond. I feel sorry for the owners getting duped by these lie spewing reps and managers.

Advice to Management

The sales floors as they stand are not sustainable! Reps lying to and misrepresenting the company to owners needs to be addressed. They are pretty much stealing money from them and no-one seems to care. Advise is simple, after you settle the upcoming lawsuits from owners, bring back the ethics and integrity that should come with this brand and fire anyone not in line with those standards.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-21
  7. "Micromanaged"

Current Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits Money decent if sales are good Immediate manager cares Enjoy working with guests

Cons

Treated like children. Don't value the people who have stayed for years...quick to let someone go. Abundance of micro managers ready to write someone up. Making it more and more difficult to give excellent customer care because of the number of dials that must be met.

Advice to Management

Drop the micro managing. Hire people you trust so we are all not treated like children. As long as the work gets done then leave employees be. This job could be way more enjoyable and way less micromanaged . You are creating a toxic work environment by not giving us freedom to work at our own pace and not compare us to other employees. Please stop babysitting and let us work at our own pace and not worry about... dials and other nonsense and you will have more productive and happier employees

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-11-01
  8. "A Culture of Fun"

Former Employee - Associate in Palm Desert, CA

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Salary, Great Benefits, Strict yet reasonable management, recognition

Cons

I don't know if it's a con but the expectations and approach is not for everybody.

Advice to Management

I'm sure management itself is striving for the better. My advice is to listen sincerely to your employees for they know if you do care or not. Some departments are at its best in listening to their employees and guest but doesn't perform the expected performance scores, some departments perform well or maybe even better than the rest but the work environment is not healthy for the associates.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-10-15
  9. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent

Pros

Very Smart Company Good benefits flexible work schedule

Cons

working all the time Low pay

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-10-24
  10. "Average for a Call Center"

Former Employee - Vacation Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are opportunities for advancement, and hotel discounts are a nice benefit.

Cons

I often felt overworked due to a combination of what felt like sub-par systems being used, long calls and frequent long hold times, and an unresponsive management.

Advice to Management

See cons.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide2019-10-22