Mars Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

4.0
Mars Office of the President Grant F. Reid
Grant F. Reid
Pros
  • "there are great benefits at this company(in 128 reviews)

• "A supportive culture with great people across the company(in 100 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance not easy to manage(in 89 reviews)

• "Decision making is painfully slow(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

hard work but rewarding

6 Oct 2020 - Business Systems Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commitment and investment in training staff is un-paralleled and the opportunity to work with people from all over the world was truly great. Mars Associates like to win and care deeply about their products and customers

Cons

nothing that is worth specifying

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company

8 May 2021 - Strategic Customer Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Personal development is paramount and exceptional

Cons

None rhat I can mention

Social Media Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such great feedback. We are deeply committed to our Associates' wellbeing and development and we're happy to hear you're having a positive experience with us. If you would like to share any additional feedback or recommendations, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. Thank you!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

10 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team ethos and very people focused. The Mars 5 principles and values are evident day to day. Generously packages of salary and benefits. Company spans confectionery, pet care and food so opportunity to work across segments.

Cons

Decision making and change is quite slow so if this frustrates you watch out. For career progression you need to be geographically mobile.

Social Media Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. We deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

4. 5.0

Great company

7 May 2021 - Finance in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and people management

Cons

Location in Slough is not for everyone

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

27 Apr 2021 - Financial Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team is very nice and working hours flexibility also a pro

Cons

Work life balance needs working on

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Caring company

27 Apr 2021 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Support, flexibility, a positive culture overall.

Cons

Old school culture to get things done takes ages.

7. 3.0

Competitive

5 May 2021 - People Team in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's faced past which I enjoyed plus you learn alot!

Cons

The benefits aren't as great as you might think. Very difficult to develop despite this being apart of their sales pitch at interview.

Social Media Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. We deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your former People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

8. 4.0

I enjoyed it

22 Apr 2021 - Guest Experience in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

lovely work colleagues and nice pay

Cons

i do not have any cons

Social Media Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such great feedback. We are deeply committed to our Associates' wellbeing and development and we're happy to hear you had a positive experience working with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

9. 5.0

London living wage

21 Apr 2021 - Sales Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

London living wage, Great team!

Cons

Nothing in particular really. Very good work

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Digital Transformation? Erm...

6 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-good compensation, generous pension -looks strong on the CV

Cons

- an absolute absences of decison makers - no long-term planning - digital marketing is a revolving door - an absence of specialists (most people in Mars have been with the company for 13-20 years and completely lost a sense of perspective or never even had it) - mess is called "working in ambiguity" -last miute decisons are labelled as "being agile" -internal IT systems are a joke - so archaic and slow -business is slow, as every decision needs to go through the multiple cycles of approvals -culture is poor - no one lives by 5 key statements -very political environment -no space to grow, unless you move into a different segment across the org -poor work/life balance -everything is outsourced to third-party agencies -work boils down to producing positive results on paper...immediate quanity, not quality

2 people found this review helpful

Mars Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to share your experience with us and provide such constructive feedback. While we are going through internal evolutions and adapting the business, we do deeply care about our Associates, and are dedicated to always improving, so if you would like to provide any further feedback regarding your listed cons, please get in touch with your People and Organization team. We appreciate your perspective and look forward to hearing more from you. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,309 Reviews