Marsh & McLennan Agency Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Marsh & McLennan Agency CEO  David Eslick
David Eslick
Cons
  1. "Not a bad agency to work for. One work from home day. Good people. Pay could be better."

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency

Pros

PTO Work from home day Good head of office

Cons

Not that much room for growth due to nature of the business

Advice to Management

Throw in an extra pto day and don’t give people grief if they take a slightly longer lunch or are off by a few minutes

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-10-09
  2. "Associate Broker - long ramp up long term rewards"

Current Employee - Associate Broker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility in work life balance. Unlimited PTO. Unlimited growth potential ($$$) if you commit to sales. Work as a local insurance agency but with global resources.

Cons

Long time to get started. Everyone agrees that it’s at least 2 or 3 years before it really starts taking off. Technology not great

Advice to Management

Focus on Technology and pay your Service teams better. If you don’t create a great experience for the client, they will move to one of the new “online” brokerages that has easy accessibility to policies and certificates.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-09-04

September 11, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled that you're enjoying good work-life balance and recognize the growth opportunities ahead of you. As for technology - I hope you've heard about some of the exciting initiatives we're rolling out. If not, please be sure to ask your local leaders!

3. "DON’T DO IT"

Former Employee - Client Manager in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of parking on weekends

Cons

This was the worst experience of my life working at MMA. Management is outdated; they are behind a door all day and won’t give one minute of training. If they do, it will be for 15 minutes and they will wait a whole month into your buried desk so you are behind from the start without a clue on how to use the computer systems, which is critical for success. This will give you no choice but to work long hours and come... in on weekends to stay that A+ employee you strive to be. Don’t call out sick otherwise you can expect to get in trouble for not doing your work that comes up during your sick day, (yes, you’ll be frowned upon for not doing the work on your sick day when you were out sick). There may be 1 or 2 compadres that give you just enough strength to keep showing up to work everyday, and thank God for those folk who just might help you get through the long and dark nights in the office, but sadly, those people probably won’t be the ones you get to work with. Did I mention the chairs have no arm chairs? Long nights ahead. As an Account Manager, Client Manager, Client Administrator, Client Manager II, you will be responsible for every single endorsement and certificate that goes out every day which will make it absolutely impossible for you to focus on high level marketing and client business development, let alone career development. You might as well call the job a sugar coated assistant, because you will always be issuing handfuls of difficult certificates and peer reviewing every single email your assistants draft, Every Single Day. Talk about no time for the clients or client executives. It’s almost guaranteed you’ll spend all of your Saturdays and Sundays at the office, missing late night work outs or family dinners because you care so much about the clients, and even when the clients love you, well, Management doesn’t care and instead will allow one employee to influence the way they view you and there begins the start of a potentially very hostile work environment at MMA. If you’re not ready to work 60 hours a week, including weekends, and be at MMA on a Saturday to help the new-to-insurance sales reps bind their binders, I really wouldn’t do it.

Advice to Management

Don’t let one person influence you into thinking the worst about someone. HR absolutely needs to train management on this painful problem.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-10-08
  4. "Howalt Sioux Falls"

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency

Pros

Free booze on Friday’s and a lot of drinking after work on the company credit card.

Cons

Horrible leadership after they were bought by Marsh.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start fresh.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-08-31

September 4, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. We strive to create an environment where great talent feels appreciated and heard. I hope that you were able to share some specific feedback with the HR leader within your office.

5. "Professional"

Current Employee - Client Service Executive in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people of MMA really know their stuff. You are guaranteed to work among the best in the industry.

Cons

You better be ready to get up to speed and keep up, because the business is a booming!

Advice to Management

None

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-07-11
  6. "Good company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time

Pros

Nice culture overall. Nice people.

Cons

Male dominated. Some old employees too proud of themselves.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-06-18

June 24, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – both the pros and cons. I encourage you to connect with your local HR representative. We’re doing some really exciting work to foster diversity and inclusion within MMA, and I’m sure they’d love to give you the scoop!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer great opportunities to learn and grow. My coworkers are helpful and easy to work with. I feel like local management really cares and wants to make our office an even better place to work. With only 40 people in the office, it's a great combo of a tight knit workplace with the benefits of a major corporation at the same time.

Cons

We are a small office in a large corporation- so sometimes we have to go by corporate decisions and procedures that are more complicated than they used to be. (Accounting, technology updates, etc.)

Advice to Management

I think we are on the right path, so keep it up .

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-03-07

"Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn and get industry exposure.

Cons

Poor management and people are treated like commodities. Only focus is the bottom line without any career growth opportunities. Annual performance reviews are non-existent.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-03-22

April 1, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We work hard to create opportunities for learning, feedback, and career growth. I hope you had an opportunity to discuss your concerns with the local leadership team.

"Room for Improvement - Michigan"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Integrity, Knowledgeable, Promotes Designations, Facility, Caring Co-Workers

Cons

Management - All Levels, Favoritism - Not All Employees Treated Equally (NOT Due to Race, Religion, Gender, etc.), Lack of Solving Problems, Below Market Pay, Minimal Salary Increases (If Lucky); High School Drama Atmosphere

Advice to Management

There should be at least a few members of management that don't spend most of their time working on clients or prospects. There should be positions that tend to the management responsibilities. Also, make sure you can actually see the negative comments on the employee survey and make changes instead of talking about making changes.

Marsh & McLennan Agency2019-02-03

February 5, 2019SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We strive to create an environment where all colleagues feel valued. I encourage you to connect with your agency HR leader to provide additional insight into your concerns.

"Analysts"

Current Employee - Analyst in Midland, TX

I have been working at Marsh & McLennan Agency full-time for less than a year

Pros

This place is amazing! Great team environment. I’m new but the whole Team has been here for years! I have never been as happy as I am now. They have been great in training.

Cons

Not one single complaint!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and this place will continue to be amazing and grow!

Marsh & McLennan Agency2018-12-14

February 11, 2019SVP, HR

High five! We're glad to hear that you are happy in your role at MMA. We've got a great group of people in Texas, and you're learning from some of the industry's best. Thanks for the review!

Found 71 reviews