Marston's Chef Reviews

Andrew Andrea
1 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, friendly family knit workplace.

Apr 17, 2021 - Chef
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly teams within a company that care about their employees. Flexible shifts and work patterns with a good pension scheme. Good rates of pay and lots of room to advance within the company.

Cons

No cons thus far, a really nice company in my opinion.

Digital Resourcing Manager

Thanks for the review, we really value all our kitchen teams so it's lovely to hear that you are enjoying working for us!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Sound

Dec 7, 2021 - Head Chef/Kitchen Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff that you work with

Cons

Hours Pay Senior management Constantly hearing false promises

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

Don't waste your time.

Nov 13, 2021 - Chef in Orpington, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

None don't waste your time.

Cons

Over worked under paid Management bully staff Management do what, they want

Marston's Response

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback from your time working with us. however, we are alarmed to hear of your experience, and we are really very sorry to hear that you were made to feel this way. Marston's are passionate about ensuring that each and every member of our teams are treated fairly, and with respect. I can assure you, we will be looking into this further, and would appreciate if there was any other specific feedback you were happy to share, that you could forward it to our dedicated account at contactus@raisethebar.co.uk.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Pretty good, but some issues

Jul 31, 2021 - Junior Chef Apprentice in Andover, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, pay is decent and care about employees

Cons

4 general managers in a year, Kitchen managers can be touch and go, busy shifts with little teaching

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Basic work

Jul 10, 2021 - Chef in Leeds, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, simple work with offen a laugh

Cons

Poor cash, usually hire very young front of house.

Digital Resourcing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - your feedback is really important to us. As an inclusive employer, we work hard to ensure that all of our roles are open to anyone, irrespective of age or any other factors - we are looking at our pay and benefits packages therefore, to ensure they are appealing to all. All the best in your next role.

6. 4.0

Good Foundation, Needs Improvement

Apr 22, 2021 - Sous Chef in Bristol, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Very family and team focused. -Good benefits -Effective training and clear way to progress in a career

Cons

-Bad communication between Management and Staff -Upper management is often late to pass on critical information -Can take a while to get feedback and approval to do basic things

Digital Resourcing Manager

Thank you so much for your review of Marston's, we really value feedback from our employees to ensure that we can strive to be the best employer. It's great to hear that you rate the benefits and training you receive as part of your role. I appreciate your feedback on communication, as a large company, it is often the biggest challenge we face to ensure that every team member has the information and feedback required to do their job to the best of their abilities. We will soon be launching a new internal social media platform for our pub teams and support centre, which we are hoping will make a massive difference. Please rest assured we will continue to work on getting this right.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company to work for

Apr 2, 2021 - Head Chef/Kitchen Manager in Nuneaton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive salary, good head office communication, great area manager, knowledgeable and engaged general manager, great team members

Cons

Long hours, stressful, no bonus scheme

Senior Recruitment Advisor

Thanks for the review - it sounds like you really enjoy your role and you are getting strong support which is great. To your point around hours, the nature of these roles can include long hours and hard work which we really appreciate the efforts and support you provide. If you wanted to expand on some ideas around the bonus scheme point feel free to contact us at contactus.helpraisethebar.co.uk and we can look into this for you. Thanks.

8. 4.0

Its good

Apr 1, 2021 - Kitchen Porter/Chef in Stafford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice team and good hours

Cons

Minimum wage for hard work

Senior Recruitment Advisor

Many thanks for your review - we do appreciate the efforts you make and support you provide to our business. Thanks.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Okay

Mar 13, 2021 - Chef in Durham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team aspect to work

Cons

Low paid, under staffed, little respect

Resourcing Channel Lead

Hi - thank you for taking the time out to feedback to us. It is disappointing to hear that you feel there are some negative points linked to your experience of working with us and we would like to understand a bit more about those views if possible. If you are willing to share more information please can you visit contactus.helpraisethebar.co.uk where we will be look into your points in more detail. Many thanks.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Place to be , committed to improving

Feb 17, 2021 - Project Manager in Manchester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Happy and positive place to be, honest and open environment

Cons

Constraints of self imposed red tape

Resourcing Channel Lead

Thanks for your review. Yes I think its a happy place to be also, but indeed nobody likes red tape which can be constraining when working across departments for sure. All the best and thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews