Marston's Employee Reviews about "marston s"

Updated Jan 19, 2022

Found 408 of over 425 reviews

3.6
Marston's CEO Andrew Andrea
Andrew Andrea
Pros
  • "Learn skills that go beyond pub trade(in 19 reviews)

• "Been with marstons for 3 years, 2 as supervisor(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Pay could be better, long hours(in 44 reviews)

• "Less than minimum wage after tax(in 29 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "marston s"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Why I love working for Marston’s….

Dec 9, 2021 - Digital & Apprenticeship Partner in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great career pathway and development programmes - Leading the way in the digital world with industry leading technology and systems Put people at the heart of everything they do - Development opportunities available and lots of internal growth - A huge amount of support from all areas of the business

Cons

- Sometimes you have to work a little harder in some areas due to being lean in reaource

Marston's Response

Wow thank you for the 5 star review- we appreciate the time you have taken out in completing this review! As a large company with several formats or brands, we always want everyone to enjoy the role that they are doing within Marston's and to bring out the best in everyone. Once again we are so pleased to hear your positive feedback !

2. 5.0
      Former Employee

Nice place to work

Jan 18, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Swansea, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good tips for the work you put in

Cons

Late nights every week as a turist place.

3. 5.0

Growth, Development and Culture

Jan 19, 2022 - Human Resources Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

My experience at Marston's has been great - there is a great culture and family feel to the business with the opportunities to grow and develop.

Cons

None identified as of yet.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

Jan 16, 2022 - Drayman in Bedford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice work force and customer most of them.

Cons

Hard work manager don't want to change anything for the better. Transport Office staff have never done the job them self

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Brilliant place to work!

Dec 28, 2021 - Server/Waitress in Corby, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic environment, great to chat to regulars. Easy job.

Cons

Minimum wage is terrible pay for how much work you actually do. No one ever gets promoted.

Marston's Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really value your feedback on wages, this is a priority for us at the moment, and is a hot topic . We will continue to look at ways we can improve the wages and look after the well being of our team mates. We really appreciate the positive feedback on the environmental aspect and communication. Thanks for the feedback again!

6. 2.0

Absolutely Diabolical

Dec 28, 2021 - FOH Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team members The customers

Cons

No training as was promised No help from managers No permanent manager Takes unnecessary risks with positive covid employees in order to stay open

1 person found this review helpful

Marston's Response

Thank you for taking the time out, we really appreciate your feedback! we are really sorry that you are made to feel this way. Marston's are passionate about ensuring that each and every member of our teams are treated fairly, and given support and guidance when working within Marston's. The advice is much appreciated and will be passed on. Thanks for your continued service with Marston's.

7. 4.0

Marstons review

Dec 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good job, nice people, friendly

Cons

Bad hours, lack of holidays

Marston's Response

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us a feedback. We appreciate your feedback on working hours, it is a hot topic at the moment following the last twelve months, and our HR teams continue to look at ways we can help our team members achieve the perfect work life balance. The advice is much appreciated and will be passed on.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not to bad

Dec 20, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tips customers the team you work with

Cons

Under paid hard work stressful

Marston's Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, we really value your feedback. Pay are always high on our agenda, we will ensure we pass on your feedback to the relevant teams.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I've really enjoyed my time at Marston's

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Marston's are genuinely committed to doing their best for the business and each other - there's a really nice atmosphere and culture

Cons

We sometimes go after too many things, and the real priorities can get lost in noise as a result

Marston's Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us some feedback and congratulations on your long service with us! It's great to hear that you enjoy your time at Marston's! We appreciate your feedback on priorities, it is an area we want to focus our efforts on improving for all of our employees.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Development for High Performing Employees Lacking

Nov 28, 2021 - General Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good support from Line Managers Survived through Lockdown Look after Team Better Pay than some other PubCo's

Cons

Lacking in development for high performing GM's who are looking to progress to Area Manager and further, very good at developing team but GM and Above......

Marston's Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - your feedback is really important to us especially that you have been with us for more than 6 years. We are glad that you have support from your line managers as we understand that it was difficult time throughout the pandemic. As an inclusive employer, we work hard to ensure that all of our roles are open to anyone.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 408 Reviews