Mason Frank International Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 January 2019

3.3
James Lloyd-Townshend

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I have been working for Mason Frank since late August 2016 and I must admit since then it was an amazing adventure" (in 13 reviews)

• "Mason Frank and FRG as a whole is a great place to build a career and make a lot of money providing you are happy to consistently work hard" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Real lack of work-life balance; seems a lack of trust to be able to work from home or give flexibility on hours etc" (in 5 reviews)

• "I completed over 100 hours of work before Mason Frank billed the client" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Opportunity for a great career"

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Mason Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mason Frank and FRG as a whole is a great place to build a career and make a lot of money providing you are happy to consistently work hard. There is a very clear career path set out to everyone in the business and everyone understands what they need to do to get to the next level as well as being supported along the way. Success in this business is really rewarded with incentive trips abroad, a good commission structure as well as regular celebrations.

Cons

You have to be prepared to put the hours in and face a lot of setbacks when you first join although providing you stick it out and work hard, it pays off.

2. "good company"

I have been working at Mason Frank International full-time

Pros

good team ethic
    good training
    fun nights out

Cons

the working hours are gruelling

3. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Mason Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Nice coworkers
    - Fruit in the kitchen

Cons

- constant micromanagement - there's always someone breathing over your neck
    - zero work-life balance
    - low base and ridiculous commission structure

Advice to Management

Unless you start valuing your people you will never stop being "revolving door" workplace!

4. "Mason Frank"

I worked at Mason Frank International full-time

Pros

Potential to earn good commission

Cons

Micro management and work life balance

5. "International Company"

I have been working at Mason Frank International full-time

Pros

Good opportunities for career progression

Cons

High turn over rate within the company

"The Good the Bad and the Ugly"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I worked at Mason Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is in general very friendly. I was always impressed by how much time Andy Mason put aside to chat to everyone in the office. Even on my very first day he spoke to me like a colleague as opposed to a boss.

You are rewarded well commission wise and also with monthly lunch clubs.

Progression is definitely on offer, and as you will see, so many people get to move up the business fast. However, sometimes I feel this is not a good thing, as some managers seem a little out of their depth, having been moved into TL roles too soon.

Beers when finishing on a Friday was a nice touch.

Overall though, if you have no personal commitments and are happy putting in 55+hour weeks, I wouldn't shy away from the opportunity.

Cons

The hours are very long, but this is something that should be expected in recruitment.

Turnover rate is very high, because a lot of people fresh out of university don't understand the amount of hours that are required. On the contract, just state that the standard day is 8:30 to 7:00, and don't let it be a surprise to people when they start.

Basic salary is low in comparison to competitors.

Some days can drag by very slowly, and senior management are sometimes quick to criticise when processes are taking time. I know "time kills deals" can be true, but the constant reminding of "when I was in your position, this situation never happened" isn't usually helpful. Management should really be looking to coach and not criticise.

TPG Group. I feel like senior people in the business are put under too much stress by TPG, which is often reflected in their 'do deals quick' approach and their frustration with fun in the office, e.g. tapping on the desks when someone is late or does something foolish.

Some KPIs seemed a little pointless, and often the best recruiters didn't even hit their KPIs. This often seemed confusing and frustrating for those first starting out.

Whilst Senior Management are in general friendly, they have clear favourites in the office and it's very easy to tell who they don't like.

Advice to Management

Just tell the truth in the contract about the expected working hours.

Lighten up with the silly office culture, sometimes people need it to get through a long day.

"If you want to be exploited, this is your place!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Mason Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you for a month

Cons

They are now a big corporation that literally does not give a damn about its employees, so they have a very poor seniority within their teams and very few make it past one year at the company. Their management is made up by people who were once successful sales people in the company but who completely lack the human, mentoring side or the management training. They will push you to work harder and harder with some ridiculous KPIs. Also, they will not accommodate to suit any personal needs. If you are lucky, they will let you come in the office at 10am instead of 8.
    This job is suitable for recent graduates who do not have any personal commitments and find it appealing to drink beer in the office and get smashed on the company once a month during their monthly night outs. If you are money driven, there are other companies with much higher commission schemes.

Advice to Management

Stop turning top billers into managers and heads of. It does not work. Invest on quality people who have formal management training, and a minimum of education.

29 Jan 2018 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for your feedback. We take your thoughts very seriously as we are working every day to improve in every aspect. We thank you for your appreciation of our thorough training program, as we... More

8. "Consultant"

I have been working at Mason Frank International full-time

Pros

Great place to work with great people.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about.

30 Jun 2017 – Director

Thank you for your review - it's great to hear that you're enjoying your time with us!

"Poor staff turnover"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

Pros

Free fruit and a nice office

Cons

1 out of 8 in our FRG training academy have remained at the company. For a reason, it's a poor place to work. Staff turnover is way too high. 4/5 principles + seniors the other 50 staff on the floor are in a pointless rat race. Great company to join when established, unfortunately not now.

30 Jun 2017 – Director

We're sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your time with us at Mason Frank. Recruitment Consulting is an extremely competitive and demanding profession, and not everyone is cut out for the rigors... More

"Mason Frank International"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in London, England

I have been working at Mason Frank International (Less than a year)

Pros

Mason Frank definitely offer the platform for you to succeed, if you put the work in the rewards are for sure there to be had. coming in as complete novice to recruitment the training provided has helped me towards achieving my first deal a lot quicker than expected. hard work pays off!

Cons

The hours are gruelling! However, it's a numbers game and to do well then you need to put the graft in.

10 May 2017 – Director

It's really rewarding to hear a success story from our team - many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We're very proud of our comprehensive training plan, as we feel this provides our... More