Mattinson Partnership Reviews

Updated 20 Aug 2020

4.7
Mattinson Partnership CEO David Mattinson
David Mattinson
  1. "Really lovely down to earth company"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been in the business for just under a year and I have to say that I really like working here. David has been really careful to bring in like minded people and as a result, we have a great atmosphere in a small group. We have targets and we also share the rewards equally. We spend a lot of time doing team events and I think that if you are considering a recruitment firm, you would find it hard to find one that is open and honest to you as an employee and also to all their clients.

Cons

Doing the weekly hoovering and washing everyone dishes.

2. "Small specialist consultancy that offers an excellent culture"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a graduate joining the business you will be given the training needed to develop into a successful consultant and a clear route towards becoming a senior manager and joining the leadership team. David has created an environment that's the opposite to the cut-throat/ cold calling atmosphere you often hear associated with larger recruitment companies. You will be given time to grow into a recruitment consultant and will be supported by the wider business to ensure you are a trained well and in a style that suits you.

Cons

I've had no issues whilst working here.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Mattinson for just under a year now and I've loved my time here! The team are really fun and supportive and I've learnt so much already. I feel like a truly integral member of the team and am looking forward to a long-term career here.

Cons

None I can think of

4. "A genuinely lovely place to ply your trade."

Current Employee - Head of Interim Solutions in Epping, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people take their jobs seriously, themselves less so. Never a lack of support on offer, be it professional or personal Great leadership team The CEO has great hair and can fix fridges

Cons

I've yet to find them, but when I do I know the team will do their best to resolve them.

5. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment and David is a fantastic MD. It's a bit less stuffy than a corporate environment which works really well for me. If you are business and sales-minded, then you can really thrive here. Expect to have a good deal of autonomy to develop your own style whilst getting support, training, etc. Excellent location in Southwark. Also really good work-social life. Any given Friday expect to head to the wine bar.

Cons

As we are pretty small, expect to pick up a hoover and do a few dishes on Fridays.

"Admin"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership for less than a year

Pros

Great vibe and culture in the office. The leadership team are all really nice and supportive, this flows onto the rest of the team. Fantastic staff benefits and training. If you get a chance to sit near the MD he has a great sense of humour that gives you constant chuckles throughout the day!

Cons

None, I really enjoyed my time with the Company!

7. "Great team, terrible CEO."

2.0

I worked at Mattinson Partnership full-time

Pros

Small, close knit team rally around each other and all spend time training new staff. Superb comradery.

Cons

Unfortunately, the CEO listens to no one in the company and is full of empty promises. In front of the entire office, employees have be yelled at, sworn at, told they are stupid and useless. The companies state of finances are also talked about in front of junior staff. Staff have to ask for their promised bonus's and pay rises.

Continue reading
  8. "Great Opportunities and Team Culture!"

Current Contractor - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership for less than a year

Pros

I commenced at Mattinson Partnership in October 2018 to provide operational and administrative support to the team. I was soon given greater responsibilities and the opportunity to take on various tasks that were interesting and challenging at times! Mattinson Partnership has been a great place for me to build and develop new skills. David has been a great support; trusting me to work autonomously and creatively to meet the needs of a growing organisation – while providing support and training as required. Moreover, the team culture has been brilliant and refreshing. As a newbie to London, it has meant a lot to me to be fully welcomed into the team and able to join in on all the social aspects of a dynamic workplace!

Cons

I think initiative and the ability to perform in a fast paced environment are important at MP! Which is perfect for me but not for everyone!

9. "A place where hard work is rewarded!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for more than a year

Pros

Before joining the recruitment industry, people warned me about high turnover and cut-throat atmosphere. I didn’t get this impression from Mattinson Partnership and my thoughts were proved to be correct. Despite not getting off to the most successful starts, the support I received was phenomenal. This helped me to establish my desk and start to bill consistently whilst other companies may have lost faith in me. The commission structure is exceptional and you really do reap the rewards for your hard work. Following the recent rebrand we have a clear vision for the future and I am excited to see where it will take us.

Cons

There is nothing notable so far!

10. "Great SME to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Mattinson Partnership full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for, with good career development opportunity and an enjoyable culture.

Cons

I have had no issues with the business so far.

Continue reading