MaxPoint Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Joe Epperson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I constantly get opportunities to learn new technologies and use that knowledge to benefit our customers (in 9 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are nice and the technology at your disposal is great (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can be tough depending on your role (in 7 reviews)

• Growing pains with the company are evident in some cases (in 6 reviews)

1. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers who are very friendly. Work hard and play hard attitude. Great benefits (as of 2017) that are hard to beat by any other company. This will change a bit in 2018. Free snacks and drinks, catered lunch a couple times a month. Best holiday parties! Game nights, bowling leagues, paid gym membership, etc. Flexible hours. Good work-life balance. Cutting-edge technologies that keep you challenged. Office location is awesome. I appreciate the standing desks. Company really does a lot of things to keep employees happy and motivated. Overall, this company is a great place to work at and I highly recommend.

Cons

After the acquisition by Valassis Digital, some of the benefits are changing in 2018 and are not as great as they used to be till 2017. But it's still better than most companies I've seen.

"FUD"

Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time

Pros

Brilliant engineers to work with. They do a really good job at hiring only the best engineers. Your coworkers know what they're doing. You can learn a lot from these people.

Cons

For reasons that are not at all clear to me, I've gotten devastating performance reviews. After the first one I asked for help from my manager to correct the issues. I asked specifically for one-on-ones to work through this. The only one-on-one I ever had with that manager was the one where I asked for the one-on-ones. I received no other feedback during the following year - good, bad or indifferent. Assuming no news is good news I thought I'd do better the next time around. Not so. He came in so animated about how bad I was doing that I thought he was joking at first. No. Still no opportunity for providing my own feedback. Still no feedback of any kind even from my new manager (who sat in on that review). I literally have no idea what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it.

Advice to Management

Your management team may be right. I might be the worst engineer here. But I'm a better engineer than you all are at managing. At least I try.

3. "Terrible Company!!!"

Former Employee - Account Director in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Director in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at MaxPoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

A very shady company with shady management. I worked in the LA office which is super depressing and my direct manager worked in Boston. He was a joke and certainly didn't deserve the position he was given. Young guy who was in the right place at the right time I guess, but he was a super shady character. Rumor is that is most of the management culture. Stay away!!!!

Advice to Management

Fire yourself.

5. "Senior Account Executive"

I worked at MaxPoint full-time

Pros

Fun environment, internal support resources, great Marketing

Cons

Lots of account shifting over the years

6. "Sales Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at MaxPoint (More than 3 years)

Pros

2:1 commission kickers , unlimited vacations, stock options, innovative products

Cons

inflated sales goals based on exceptional quarters, ineffective sales op procedures with Account Management, lack of transparency for some issues

"Great people, good work, has issues with direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Morrisville, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Morrisville, NC (US)

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are great. Everyone within my sphere of work is supportive and intent on helping each other do good work. The health benefits are great and the headquarters in Morrisville is a great office environment with free food, drinks, and an open floor plan (for those like me who have difficulty with cubicles).

Cons

Initiatives are at the whim of the C-suite, teams are often under staffed (but the work expectations remain high), and management is hit or miss. We're in the process of being acquired, so keep that in mind if you're considering applying.

Advice to Management

Don't give impossible deadlines to teams who are already stretched thin. Good people with a strong work ethic work here - don't force them to put out sub-standard work because they don't have the resources they need.

8. "Working"

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility, Product, People, Customers

Cons

Industry has Challenges overall, competitive environment

Advice to Management

same

19 Sep 2017

Hey! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We recognize that our industry is super competitive and it is thanks to innovative products and people like you that keep us one... More

9. "Account Director"

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, products and work environment are second to none. Hard work is expected and rewarded. True team environment that helps everyone win.

Cons

If having to work hard is a con, that would be it. Nothing negative from me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

19 Sep 2017

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience as an Account Director; we appreciate it! We are so so excited to hear that your experience with us has been... More

10. "Committed to being a Digital Leader & Innovator & doing things the Right Way!"

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time

Pros

- CEO and management committed to innovating with our Clients' needs in a tough, ever changing Landscape
    - Great products with true Points of Difference
    - Strong Talent with lots of Experience and driven to make a mark

Cons

Not at lot to share

Advice to Management

Continue growth & innovation mentality!

19 Sep 2017

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us! We are glad to see that you recognize and appreciate our commitment to innovative products and people. Thank you for all... More

11. "Always something new to learn"

Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Architect in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at MaxPoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I constantly get opportunities to learn new technologies and use that knowledge to benefit our customers.

Cons

There are always more ideas to follow. No shortage of tasks.

29 Aug 2017

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a MaxPoint veteran with us; we are sure you have seen a lot of change over the past 5 years! We are proud that our company is a... More