Maxim Integrated "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Maxim Integrated Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 13 Sep 2019

Found 803 reviews

3.5
Maxim Integrated CEO Tunc Doluca
Tunc Doluca
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Smart people, good benefits"

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

Surrounded by smart people Good benefits

Cons

Upper management doesn’t pull their weight

Maxim Integrated2019-05-08

Maxim Integrated Response

May 24, 2019Managing Director, HR

Thanks for your review - we appreciate hearing your thoughts and I am glad you are having a positive experience at Maxim. As you say, Maxim is full of smart people and it is great to work with them. I am glad you are enjoying the benefits.

2. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great culture, work life balance, lots of freedom to learn new things, friendly colleagues

Cons

not in sync with upper management

Maxim Integrated2018-03-17

"Do not work here"

I worked at Maxim Integrated

Pros

Some good people work at the company. Not a whole lot to say about the positive aspects of this company

Cons

Hostile work environment, and very political. - must be liked by a few people in upper management in order to advance in your career. It’s all about being liked rather than the work you’ve done. Poor communication from upper management. Not a collaborative or team culture.

Maxim Integrated2018-03-14

"IT Support Techs RUN FAR AWAY!!!"

Former Employee - PC Technician in San Jose, CA

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you think that whatever doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger (I don’t think so in the case of this employer for PC-Tech

Cons

Hi turnover for PC-Techs, contract for only a year with no hire (per upper management, higher than IT’s VP), treat contractors like crap(can’t use the gym, no holiday party, can’t attend the all hands meetings and more, manager doesn’t listen to his employees, it’s all “us as a team” until manager gets upset then it’s “you guys”, manager doesn’t know how to talk to people, manager is two faced. I am not exaggerating..., about all 10 Techs that left within the past year would agree and have agreed with me. There are currently six techs supporting 1400 employees! There’s no efficiency when as soon as someone knows what they are doing, they are terminated and you have to train new techs to eventually replace you. I’ve heard that California law says after one year of employment a contractor has to be hired or terminated. My team was continuously rolled over to different contracting agencies to avoid hiring PC Techs full time. When questioned by HR, PC Techs started getting terminated to avoid converting to full time employees. The whole team was frustrated and all of the Techs say the current manager is terrible.

Advice to Management

Overhaul because it’s not working. Too cheap but only end up spending more money. Consider the productivity that is lost by engineers when the new tech doesn’t know what they’re doing because you fired the experienced technician. A huge catch twenty two. The Techs or management are never happy because of it.

Maxim Integrated2018-02-21
  5. "Staying Isn't Worth It"

Current Employee - Employee in General Trias

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll learn a lot of things if you put your mind into it, stable company, shuttle service, HMO, company activities

Cons

JOB Related Be ready for a small offer as your starting salary if you're applying for tier 1 positions; company politics is very alive (YES people are favored); salary isn't on par on your many responsiblities and appraisal only adds very little even if you did great and this gets worse in the subsequent years; it will take a long time to get promoted if you're not liked by the management; only good for... experience but not recommended if you're gonna stay; even if you had a great performance for the whole year, you won't get promoted unless you've met all the company's requirements (this applies to getting nominated for EOY); it depends on the department if the environment will be great (there are a lot of flies in the wall); very long and stressful hours; it can feel very stagnant; not good for people who live very far; you need to really put yourself out there if you want the upper management to notice you since they are not at the line most of the time; most of the time, supv and mgrs rely on OICs who can be very biased on grades; depends on the supervisor if they can justify their people to other people (if your supervisor doesn't like you, be prepared for a target on your back); business will be business; you won't fit in if your values are different from the others; you will have to get used to being complacent if you want to succeed. Miscellaneous: -Shuttles can be late in some areas due to bus malfunctions or heavy traffic, both incoming and outgoing. For those who live very far, prepare to wait a long time at your pickup point since this has been the constant now. -Breaktimes are very short for shifting employees since the company pays for the full shift. They are also strict with it. Breaks are in constant monitoring. It can be a con if you want to savor your breaks. No sleeping area and use of the recreational area is not really encouraged for those who are in the production line during working hours (even if it's your breaktime).

Advice to Management

Start resolving the problems at the BOTTOM. Hear people out, don't shut them in. There are complaints for a reason.

Maxim Integrated2017-11-12
  6. "Principal member of technical staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

competitive pay, good location, smart co-workers

Cons

Only the extreme end of upper management has decision making authority. My senior VP had to approve a $5k travel plan. I spent more time justifying projects and my time than actually working on projects.

Advice to Management

Your NPI cycle and manufacturing improvements would be cut in half if you would trust director level employees to actually make decisions that involve expenditures.

Maxim Integrated2017-09-07
  7. "Business Manager"

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many dedicated and extremely intelligent people to work with. Strong global reputation in many product lines. Competitive compensation.

Cons

Upper management had become very dictatorial and also indicated that the well-being of the company's employees was no longer of high concern. Maxim's revenues have been flat to down over the past few years while most of their competitors have been growing.

Advice to Management

Listen to the advice of your front-line people who are directly engaged with your customers, products and markets.

Maxim Integrated2017-03-20
  8. "MTS, Applications"

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

Great talented team of Engineers, pleasure to work with.

Cons

Upper management, no true leadership, endless re-org, seemed like a trial an error to get the revenue up by laying off people every single quarter without knowing the situation on the ground.

Maxim Integrated2017-04-21
  9. "Maxim needs to return to core values and founders principles"

I have been working at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

Cutting edge technology, many great people.

Cons

Drastic culture change in the past decade. Poor upper management leadership and vision. Re-organization and re-structuring every two years. Poor job security and appreciation of the people. Missing compassionate visionary like Jack Gifford.

Advice to Management

What is lacking?: Vision, leadership, integrity, compassion, principles

Maxim Integrated2017-02-18
  10. "Good Place to work"

I worked at Maxim Integrated full-time

Pros

Employees treated with respect generally

Cons

Upper management sometimes makes decisions based on whim rather than data.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff more and stay calm

Maxim Integrated2017-01-05