Mazars Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mazars Chairman & CEO Philippe Castagnac
Philippe Castagnac

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance could be improved (in 17 reviews)

• La plage de travail dans la journ (in 23 reviews)

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Audit School Leaver in Leicester, England
    Current Employee - Audit School Leaver in Leicester, England

Pros

Friendly, helpful supporting Students easing change from School life. They form a Personal relationship, understanding. Help whenever needed. Friendly atmosphere!

Cons

Too much pressure at times as you have to balance work life and study for the qualifications and prioritise your time

Advice to Management

N/a

2. "Excellent place to work at"

Current Employee - Financial Services Consulting Junior Associate in London, England

I have been working at Mazars full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and easy going people, good work life balance, interesting projects across a wide range of industries, many opportunities to learn, trainings abroad,

Cons

No real cons notes. Sometimes might have to stay up a little late due to project time constraints, but this happens rarely

3. "Tax Manager"

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Leeds, England

I have been working at Mazars full-time

Pros

Decent people, flexible clients,progressive company

Cons

Pay is pretty average, technology abysmal, market reach fairly restricted.

5. "Mazars Grad Scheme"

Former Employee - Mazars FP Grad in Milton Keynes, England
    Former Employee - Mazars FP Grad in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Mazars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of people your age and a good social scene. Very easy first job with good work life balance as everyone is out the door at 5.

Cons

Mazars hire too many Graduates as they know so many will leave due to the disappointing graduate scheme. The job is very basic with little opportunity for progression no matter how good you are. No contact with clients and a very admin based job. It takes a long time to progress to a more appropriate level. Senior management have very narrow view and strict, unnecessary rules. Its a good place to start if you have low career ambition and are happy spending most of your day calling providers. Probably best for a placement year as exams can be taken whilst completing a relatively easy job. Overall its an average first job, but remuneration, opportunities and long term job satisfaction/progression are best found elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Treat graduates like adults and output may improve. Hire fewer grads, quality over quantity. Provide more training and allow graduates to experience client meetings as this will show what the future holds and increase ambition.

Graduates need to be challenged and stimulated to excel, this is not happening at Mazars currently. Most of the graduates are bored and not interested by the job as it is repetitive with no clear career progression.

"Mazars Scotland"

Former Employee - Account Assistant in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Account Assistant in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at Mazars (More than a year)

Pros

Lovely staff
    Positive working environment
    Great communication within service lines
    Approachable senior staff

Cons

Lack of involvement with universities

7. "good"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in London, England

I have been working at Mazars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

culture, atmosphere, Diversity, Range of clients,

Cons

Difficult progression, limited travel, not much contact with senior management

8. "Blank"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in London, England

I have been working at Mazars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance and approachable managers and partners.

Cons

Small clients at a regional level.

"The means to an end if there's no other option"

Former Employee - Internal Auditor in London, England
    Former Employee - Internal Auditor in London, England

I worked at Mazars (More than a year)

Pros

Helps towards gaining a qualification. It's a means to an end

Cons

Management are only focused on cost cutting; their business strategy is to hire graduates, and let their experienced hires leave. What this means is that the quality of work reduces year upon year, training of graduates is haphazard and lower level staff are shouldering responsibilities way above their job descriptions resulting in working in evening and weekends.

Lack of team spirit; management provides no funds for team building exercises, away days, or encourages team drinks. We work alone on every audit and can go weeks without seeing anyone from the actual company as we travel to client sites all day every day.

Remuneration; This is just... abysmal.

Benefits package; You start on 20 annual days leave a year, only increasing once you become qualified or become part of management. Sick leave or study leave COUNT towards your utilization rate, so be careful of taking too many or you'll get a stern talking to.

Study package; 90% of my year and the years below have resorted to paying out of pocket for extra resources not provided by the company as what is provided does not produce good pass rates. This equates to approx £140 extra spend PER EXAM. We have spoken to management multiple times, but you know. Cost cutting.

No recognition of work; Management are hesitant to put people up for recognition awards, and even when relevant people are nominated, they wont win unless top management favours them. (This was what I was told by my direct manager)

Audit quality; Time budgets are laughably tight, and do not account for if your audit is delayed due to client delays. You will have to suck it up and catch up in your own time. If you have a nil assurance audit with 30 recommendations, you can be sure that you'll still get the same amount of time to conduct the audit as you would do if you found 0 recommendations. More seasoned and jaded staff may be inclined to look the other way and hand in a report which they can actually finish on time. There's no way to get a good quality, accurate report if you continue to stick to barebones time constraints.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can give is to read the Cons list, of which I have described in great detail on my Exit questionaire (which I doubt anyone has actually read).
    I was not even provided with the standard Exit meeting from HR (this was overlooked as they were too busy) so I requested one from management direct. I brought up everything mentioned as above, and I got the response that these are all areas everyone knows about, but will not change because this is the company's business strategy and that's unfortunately how it'll stay.

"A Top-10 firm unable to compete with the others"

Current Employee - Auditor in London, England
    Current Employee - Auditor in London, England

I have been working at Mazars full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is good ownership of work at Mazars- from day one I was thrown in at the deep-end. From planning to reporting, they gave me a lot of responsibility.
    Amazing offices in London- great view of the Tower of London and the City

Cons

Salary isn't competitive- hard to justify staying there given other company offerings.
    Not much of a tone from the top- very little culture.
    New people coming in were of a much lower quality- carrying a lot more weight

Advice to Management

Pay your staff what they deserve- and give management the flexibility to do this.
    HR are shocking and noone seems to know who does what- whenever I needed some help with something I was pointed ten different ways.

11. "Could have been better but gained a qualification"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Nottingham, England
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Nottingham, England

I worked at Mazars full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People you work with and meet whilst auditing. The industry exposure is reasonable if you can get allocated a variety of jobs

Cons

Diff getting exposure to good jobs, end up with odds and sods if your not assigned good jobs at the outset