McCarthy Recruitment Reviews

Updated Sep 2, 2021

Found 22 of over 22 reviews

4.7
McCarthy Recruitment Managing Director Kate McCarthy (no image)
Kate McCarthy
  1. 5.0

Great training and development

Sep 2, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Care about the team and want to spend time with you making sure you have all the training available to do the role

Cons

Nothing to mention, all positive

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Marmite! MD rules by fear tactics

Aug 24, 2021 - Delivery Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice offices (but be prepared to clean it sometimes!), free parking

Cons

Senior management runs business using fear tactics, really not nice people. you will love it or hate it. Very young environment and you are expected to give your all or ship out!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good team

Sep 8, 2020 - Recruitment Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only just started at McCarthy. Warm introduction, good team atmosphere. Goes about recruitment in the right way.

Cons

I have no complaints so far.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great atmosphere

Dec 25, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training, focus on you as an individual. Caring and listens. Adapts to the market but also puts the teams needs first. Always asking for feedback and decisions are made together. Success is celebrated and you are rewarded. Business puts the team at the heart of its direction and purpose.

Cons

You either get it or you don’t. It’s like a family, you have to be committed and want to go on the journey. No time for people who genuinely don’t care about colleagues.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Developed me more than I thought I could be developed!

Dec 23, 2019 - Commercial Director in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support, feel like part of a family, culture is all about the team and people and has been the same since the day I started, visionary leader who just knows how to do business well and is passionate about developing her team, great environment, never a dull day, always a challenge, always somebody there to help pick you up when you're having a bad day, rewarding & life changing!

Cons

None i've experienced in my 13 years

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

THE Recruitment Company to join!

Dec 24, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Chorley, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

So many.... Great benefits Great culture Great management team Open, funny and helpful team Not a dog-eat-dog environment which I know some recruitment companies are, the team genuinely want the best for each other and for the team Team-build is as good as it looks, as are the Company Training Conferences Open-door policy, no problem is too small and problems are listened to and resolved quickly when the occur Opportunity to do more if you so wish, you can be a Recruitment Consultant or you can be a Team Manager if you are that way inclined Excellent performance rewarded

Cons

For me, none. The only reason I have recently left is due to finding a new career closer to home.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I keep coming back for more!

Jan 27, 2019 - Recruitment Consultant in Mottram, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working at McCarthy around 4 years ago on a Graduate scheme just after finishing Uni. I had no previous experience in recruitment and absolutely no idea of what to expect! I was amazed at how welcome the entire team made me feel from the minute that I stepped through the door. I imagined it would take a while for me to get into the swing of things with me being a complete newbie, but the training I received was so thorough and clear that within my first week I had made a placement! The support I received at McCarthy was second to none, I've never been in a working environment before where you can have a close relationship with the MD and really feel like part of a team and not just a number. However before I began at McCarthy I had already planned to pursue a travelling dream to Brazil, so I ventured off after 3 months and ended up landing a job working in tourism each summer season. The best part is that each year after finishing in Brazil, Kate let's me come back and work for her whilst I'm in the UK! I cannot think of any other company that would offer that level of flexibility, but for me it's been absolutely priceless and allowed me to pursue my personal goals without having to sacrifice a job that I've really grown to love. Thanks Kate you're amazing.

Cons

Zero. It's hard work - but then nothing worth having in life comes easily!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Genuinely an amazing company to work for

Jul 13, 2018 - Recruitment Consultant in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and team work, the support within the business is fantastic, from day one onward. Opportunity to influence your own earnings and drive your own success. The volume of awards that the company has won over recent years, really does speak volumes of what it is like to work here.

Cons

I honestly can not think of any, it really is a great place to work.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great Place to work!

Jul 11, 2018 - Manager in Warrington, North West England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work, proven by winning smallest great company to work for UK! The Management team are so supportive and have been really flexible with me fitting my job around my little boy. Great family feel everyone pulls together, we have fun but work hard! Best Company I have worked for.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any!

10. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

McCarthy Recruitment really is a great place to work. All the management team are really supportive and encouraging! The culture is great and we have a real family feel within the team!

Cons

Honestly can’t say anything bad about the company!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews