McKinsey & Company Reviews
84% would recommend to a friend
(9083 total reviews)
79% approve of CEO
What people are saying about McKinsey & Company
2 years ago
McKinsey & Company
How to compensate for long term unemployment? After getting let go from McK earlier this year, I've been unemployed for close to 6 months and explaining it to prospective employers is awkward and uncomfortable. Any advice on how to navigate this?
Got a burning question about McKinsey & Company? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with McKinsey & Company employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and very supportive" (in 1040 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and you can shape your career for it to align with your passions." (in 566 reviews)
- "Great learning environment and great colleagues" (in 564 reviews)
- "Great culture and values and focus on client servicing" (in 310 reviews)
- "All good and salary is high" (in 248 reviews)
- "There is NO work life balance so be ready to sell your sould to the firm." (in 947 reviews)
- "Long hours and might have to work over a few weekends (depending on work)" (in 838 reviews)
- "Working late hours" (in 446 reviews)
- "Poor management and lots of politics" (in 85 reviews)
- "High Pressure and Stress: The constant push for perfection can be stressful." (in 56 reviews)
Found 9,083 of over 11K reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.028 Nov 2023Senior AssociateFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
Steep learning curve, great network
Sometimes the focus is not the impact for the client
- 4.019 Nov 2023Associate PartnerFormer EmployeeLondon, England
Great client work and entrepreneurship opps
top heavy mgmt on studies sometimes and late working hours
- 4.08 Nov 2023Senior Executive AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Cool company with nice people
Long hours and review twice yearly is archaic there has to be a better way to get a bonus on own merit and increase deserved than being judged against colleagues who are less busy and have more time to “do” more
- 4.025 Sept 2023Business AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Met some incredible BAs / Associates who became lifelong friends. The annual trainings gave you the chance to reset, reflect, and plan for the future. Loved how the trainings were always done in cohorts over a full week so that you could really bond with other people.
Staffing was very forceful and borderline abusive. While they advertised "make your own McKinsey" the reality was there are big clients based in your country so they force you to go to this banking / insurance / oil and gas company even though you are not remotely interested and even found your own project that aligns with your development goals in the US lined up.
- 4.014 Nov 2023Knowledge AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
The people are very kind and actually care about supporting you and the training, resources and opportunities are really great
hours can be quite rough
- 5.014 Nov 2023Engagement ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Great company to work for and great people
Long hours, sometime stressful but normal for a consulting job
McKinsey & Company Reviews FAQs
McKinsey & Company has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 10,783 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at McKinsey & Company to a friend and 72% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
84% of McKinsey & Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated McKinsey & Company 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.