MedPanel Reviews

Updated 19 Jan 2021

Found 9 of over 9 reviews

3.5
MedPanel Managing Director  Janet Bernard (no image)
Janet Bernard

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 2.0

19 Jan 2021 - Contract Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Lunch and Gym Access

Cons

Not a clear route for growth. Heavy turnover.

2. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Incredible experience interning at MedPanel!

27 Oct 2020 - Healthcare Analyst Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Collaborative team environment -Meaningful projects and responsibilities -Learned so much throughout this internship -Highly recommend

Cons

I don't have any cons

3. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Solid

9 Feb 2019 - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The difference between the old company and the new one since ownership changed hands a couple of years ago is remarkable. The company's focus is sharp, and the employees seem happy. Clients are loyal, too, which I think is largely because they are seen as partners and success is shared.

Cons

It's global, so they are always plugged in, but the work/life balance appears to be respected from what I can see.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to start your market research career

12 Sep 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wanted to write this review because I really enjoy working at MedPanel and there are currently no reviews posted. I know I relied on Glassdoor reviews during my job search so I want to give potential applicants an inside look at the company. First, we are a small company so everyone works closely with one another. If you are looking for a big corporate environment with clear divisions between upper management and everyone else then this might not be the place for you. At larger companies you could be primarily populating reports, coding open ends, or qualifying sales leads for a year or more before you get client experience; at MedPanel you are exposed to the whole process and are encouraged to take initiative. The way the company works now you will be working with clients or contacting sales leads once you have proven you are prepared (which could be shortly after starting like it was for me). The office building itself has a lot of great amenities such as a free gym, a few fitness classes, ping-pong, bike rack room, and a Whole Foods cafe across the street. It is a short walk from Alewife but there is also parking.

Cons

We have training for new employees, but it is not as formal as larger organizations. A lot of the focus is on learning by doing and asking questions after you have attempted the task. I know that isn't ideal for everyone.

5. 2.0

Update to my Sept. 12, 2014 review

5 Jan 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hard to tell since the company changed hands

Cons

I wanted to update my review because there have been major leadership changes since it was written. I don't know if my words from 2014 accurately reflect working at MedPanel in 2016 or beyond and job seekers should know that. The company went out of business and everyone was laid off in September 2015. It was then bought out and will keep operating under the same name with different management. Any reviews after 2016 will probably be about the new company.

MedPanel Response

Managing Director

Correction from current Managing Director: Just want to point out that MedPanel did not go out of business. My partners and I bought the company from the previous owners and all previous employees were offered the opportunity to remain with the company at no change in salary - all chose to leave to pursue other opportunities. We've continued on with new staff and are looking forward to rebuilding the company!

6. 5.0

Research & Compliance

8 Dec 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers and leadership. Super opportunity to learn about healthcare industry

Cons

I do not have any cons to write about

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lousy company, avoid if possible

28 Mar 2015 - Project Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company, ability to work with Sr. Management, good client interaction.

Cons

Sr. Management not well focussed and lack deep insights in the pharmaceutical area. The company exists due to the hard work of the middle management, and fails to grow due to the scatterbrained approach of the Sr. Management. Bonuses are a joke. High hire-n-fire culture.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Culture was Bad

22 Feb 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company with a few good people. Started out as innovative then gave up and became more of the same.

Cons

Management was not keyed into what was happening on the ground (within the company and the market we were serving) and didn't seem to care

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

18 Dec 2015 -  in Allston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great snacks. Building was awesome and Building.

Cons

Not too many choices for lunch.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews