Megger Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2022

Found 54 of over 61 reviews

3.9
Megger CEO Jim Fairbairn (no image)
Jim Fairbairn
Pros
  • "Working for Megger is like working for a family business, big enough to develop and contribute and small enough to make a difference(in 7 reviews)

• "An excellent company to come and work for, if looking for a great company, but also if you have career aspirations or looking at developing your skills(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "not there any disadvantage for megger(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Feb 25, 2022 - Global Segment Marketing in Dover, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A. Rich corporate culture B. Best products C. Professional leaders and managers D. Great diversity of people

Cons

None. Nothing in my experience.

Megger Response

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and your rating!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice place to work

Mar 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, good training opportunities, flexible, good for long term employment.

Cons

Limited progression in some departments.

Megger Response

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and your rating!

3. 5.0

Great potential

Sep 26, 2021 - Hardware Engineer in Dover, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

An excellent, eponymous company that are greatly respected within their industry. A professional and friendly company that repeatedly demonstrates it commitment to all employees in terms of professional development, equality, and opportunities.

Cons

Some systems and processes feel a little outdated. I think this is typical of established companies. However, lots of change has already begun and I am confident improvements will be made soon.

Megger Response

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and your rating! We continue to develop and invest in our people and infrastructure as the company grows. We are proud to have you working as part of our Megger family.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Remarkable

Sep 7, 2021 - Manufacturing
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay you for working there The view is good if you work in an office Tea and coffee are free for manufacturing staff You get a bacon roll sometimes

Cons

Too much time spent on superficial and irrelevant activities. Top heavy management especially at Group level. Micromanagement. The company used to care, now it just has a policy which states that it cares. Leadership and immediate reports with nothing to do and no ability or understanding, trying to justify their existence creating a massive workload for those who have too much to do already. Ageism is rife. People with practical ability are not valued. Spreadsheet jockeys and bean counters rule. Wages are barely above the minimum legally permitted unless of course you work in an office or are on the senior leadership team. Culture of overwork. Good performance is rarely recognised in the case of people who really deserve it. Senior leadership and some elements of HR take credit for the efforts of others and create excessive workload including for those within HR. Sales department is aggressive with Engineering and Production and do not understand about the practical difficulties involved in designing and building products. Senior leadership keeps recruiting spreadsheet jockeys in its own image. They don't understand anything else and they certainly don't understand the business of test and measurement. Manufacturing and Engineering are frequently put in the impossible position of having to resolve the consequences of poor decisions made by group directors. Decent people have been forced out and replaced by patronising, platitudinal and cliche wielding non-entities. "It's a journey", " How did that make you feel?", "Company Values"!, "We are Caring!!!!!", " We are Captivating"- A notable success- it feels like a prison. There are exceptions but they are being thinned out. It has turned into a cult. No push back is allowed. Big Brother rules. Quote- "You're either on the bus or you're not" CEO circa 2018 Empty vessels make the most noise. And there is plenty of noise.

Megger Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us, all views are appreciated. At Megger, we are proud of our values and encourage all of our employees to share their feedback and experiences via our many internal channels and forums. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your review.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A truly great place to work

Jun 18, 2021 - Human Resources Director in Dover, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Within my role, many would automatically assume I would just write pros, which I do have, not just because of my job. Working for Megger is like working for a family business, big enough to develop and contribute and small enough to make a difference. Our aim is to attract talented individuals and people whom are enthusiastic, friendly and have a can do attitude. An excellent company to come and work for, if looking for a great company, but also if you have career aspirations or looking at developing your skills. Many initiatives in the pipeline to make us even greater, such as our new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, ensuring equality for all. We have a newly created bonus structure for many of the workforce and even an additional day off for your birthday. We are always looking at ways to improve.

Cons

Lot's of ideas and initiatives and want to do them all at once :)

HR Administrator

Lots of great initiatives and enthusiastic people at Megger, it's great to have you as part of the Megger family, helping us take the Company forward.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Good company if you want to be in retired mode

Apr 9, 2021 - Test Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexi hours and working until 13:00 on Friday

Cons

Old fashion ideas for management

1 person found this review helpful

HR Administrator

Thank you for your honest review. Megger is growing and changing everyday.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hard at times, easy others. Poor job prospects

Feb 23, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to design bits for planes

Cons

Poor pay and career prospects

1 person found this review helpful

Engineer

Thank you for your review, unsure if you have the correct company as Megger design and manufacture electrical test equipment, we do not design bits for planes. Should you be looking at Meggit!

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that is only getting better

Feb 20, 2020 - Content Editor in Dover, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a very accepting company, with colleagues from all over the world and with very different personalities, but all accepting of one another. Everyone I have worked with has been friendly, enthusiastic and supportive. Over the years since I have been working for Megger, I've seen huge positive changes across the board and mostly with the work/life balance, the benefits, the culture and values and the attitudes of the staff. It wasn't great a few years ago, but now I'd be happy to recommend Megger as a place to work. One of the perks is our new flexible working policy. When I recently had to move away from the area due to personal circumstances, I was able to use this to be able to work remotely and periodically travel back to the office when needed. In the past year, there has been a huge drive to help the community and to celebrate achievement, both of which have been successful and have led to more positive attitudes among staff. That aside, on a personal note, I am very proud to be working for a STEM company. I get some pride in knowing that our products are important - they help keep workers safe and keep our society supplied with power.

Cons

Not a lot of career progression opportunities for some roles. Training opportunities are available, but they can be limited. The Dover building itself is barely fit for purpose - however there are plans to improve this and these are already in the works.

HR Administrator

Thank you for your review, lots of good stuff happening at Megger and it's great to have you as part of the family. Our flexible working policy is working well and lots of colleagues have benefited from this. Career progression and upskilling is being looked at a lot more within Megger. A training calendar has just been released with lots of opportunities and more to come.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Jan 9, 2020 - Human Resources Assistant in Dover, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training and development opportunities, Room for career growth, Paid day off for your birthday, Friendly and supportive staff

Cons

No negatives about working at Megger

HR Administrator

I agree, Megger is a great Company to work for and with the strength of it's Management Team and Colleagues it can only get better. Thanks for your positive review, it's great to have you as part of the Megger family.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work for

Jan 9, 2020 - Site Services in Dover, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good opportunities and they care about their workers.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

HR Administrator

Some good pros working for Megger, we do care about our Megger family and with our well-being programme this is ever evident. Megger have pledged to become a living wage employer and with the steps in place we are ever closer to this goal. Thanks for your positive outlook on Megger,

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews

Megger Reviews FAQs

Megger has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 61 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Megger to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Megger employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Megger. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

72% of Megger employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Megger 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Megger Job Seekers