Meraki Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Aug 29, 2020

Found 10 of over 493 reviews

3.8
Meraki GM, SVP  Chris Stori
Chris Stori
Pros
  • "Free food and a lot of free social events(in 52 reviews)

• "Great perks, I especially enjoy the trip to US twice a year for SKO:s (and free lunch of course)(in 22 reviews)

• Cons
  • "And middle management is heavy with talentless people leaders(in 12 reviews)

• "Less flexibility to work from home as many job roles require to come to the office every day(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

219 Comments

Tech

82K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Meraki~391788
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Account Management and Sales within a specific area

Jun 19, 2019 - Territory Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, the job itself is so much fun and motivating, very good benefits such as free lunch, training in San Francisco, trips to Las Vegas and territory trips. The salary is also really good! If you like to be in charge of your own work day, this is the place! You are encouraged to do your own thing but you !always! have support from management!

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. Maybe that you are not allowed to work from home, although I would say that the benefits kind compensate that.

2. 5.0

Great culture

Aug 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good vibes in the office Rapidly growing business

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst Work Experience I Had in My Career so Far!

Apr 30, 2020 - Channel Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Modern office space and free food.

Cons

Don’t let the nice office space or free food fool you. Cisco Meraki was the worst workplace and work experience I had a chance to experience in my career so far. I will regret for the rest of my life accepting a job offer from them. The company’s culture is absolutely AWFUL! Your opinion doesn’t matter if you are not a manager or director. There is a big “Diversity and Inclusion” push from HR and Corp, but you will not find grounds to be yourself. The company management style is stuck 15 to 20 years in the past. Expected to be asked to go to the office in the afternoon if you have a doctor’s appointment in the morning. Expect to have your manager monitoring if you got to work ten minutes later than anyone else or left a few minutes before 5 pm. Expect to have your managed call you into a room and ask for an explanation of why you didn’t spend 9 hours at the office or if you decided to work from home. They cultivate a “through under the bus” type of environment and coworkers will tell your boss if you are not in compliance with their ridiculous imposition of being at the office for 9 hours. Expect to work with negative, blaming, gossipy, and immature people. After 2 months working for the company, I had my first work trip and I have to say that was the most unpleasant work trip that I had until this day in my life. We had team dinners everyone single day, which is completely acceptable for a work trip. What was unacceptable was the fact that what people wanted to talk about during those dinners were “Who they HATED in the company”. It was very unpleasant and a demonstration of how awful the culture is. Leadership is extremely weaky and all the decisions are made from top to bottom. All the managers and Directors operate as if they are supervisors - They don’t do anything and will micromanage absolutely everything that you try to do or deliver. Nothing gets done! And you rarely get any praise for a job well done. I only worked there for 9 months and I couldn’t spend any other day there. I had to deal with people (Directors) making inappropriate jokes about coworkers with disabilities. I had to deal with people taking pictures of coworkers from their backs and sharing on text message thread exposing people’s personal data (bank account information). I had to experience people misusing the company’s money for personal favor and to obtain personal information from other people within the company. I had to deal with explicit favoritism, harassment, and bullying since the day I joined. Cisco Meraki is not a fun place to work. It’s very negative please and if you by chance find somebody willing to help you with anything you are having a lucky day. People are extremely rude, entitled, and arrogant. The products are good! And That’s the only good thing you will find there. Don’t do the same mistake I did. I wouldn’t recommend Cisco Meraki to friend and not event to my worst enemy.

28 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0

So disappointed

Nov 21, 2019 - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The products are good (except the MX lol).

Cons

Lack of vision, mediocre managers. Coming from Cisco, I thought it would be the same or even better, but it has been a nightmare. It was a huge mistake coming here. How do you select your managers? They don't know the business, they don't have people skills, and I've heard several times from mine that I'm just a number. I can't believe I can not work from home or have ANY flexibility. It is a large call center with cute dogs. If you have sales skills then don't apply here, they don't value them.

11 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work/balance and autonomy, not enough collaboration between teams and leaders

Jun 24, 2019 - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food/snacks at work, dogs at work, generally supportive culture, senior leadership legitimately cares about diversity and inclusion, opportunities to grow and develop are clear

Cons

Business units are very siloed and have their own distinct cliques, business leaders don't collaborate together well, leaders don't communicate well amongst each other, no official work from home/flexible work policy

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not Great, Not Horrible

Apr 24, 2019 - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Nice benefits, lunch -Great teams you hire for, very close knit community

Cons

Unequal treatment throughout the Recruiting organization, desperately needs to hire Director of TA to standardize practices within the 4 orgs. Major inequality within departments: -Pay: huge disparities in departments- Eng & Sales get paid most closely to market value -Treatment/ flexibility: Some managers/departments are very trusting and relaxed, others you should stay away from (ask about retention & attrition when interviewing). Some teams have flexibility to work from home/ remote, while others there is no such thing -Career growth: all orgs seem to struggle with providing guidance and challenging IC in their next steps Overall, you could be the most average person and get a job here. They don't believe in firing people, which is a benefit for under-achievers or pot-stirrers.

13 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

SUPPORT BURN!

Mar 12, 2019 - Network Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) ZERO-There are no pros

Cons

1) Call Center - 8 hours of work is on the Phone i.e. literally all the time you will be on the phone+ along with Juggling Supporting Email Cases+ Creating Bug reports+Reproducing issues+ Meeting SLA's-Your time is tracked by Managers from all teams in minutes via Call system, New Voice Media. 2) You work in shifts, let's say you are working 8-5 shift, YOU have to be signed in at 8 sharp and be ready to take calls, they track your time like hawks, you get 15 mins 2 breaks in a day! you are timed the whole day, you can't even breathe through your day! In any given day you take 15-20 calls approx. + 7-10 emails cases. You are working at 200% brain power+high intensity. They call it SUPPORT BURN and it is real! 3) You are not allowed to take more than two breaks in a day, mind you that should include your bathroom breaks. 4) You are not allowed to be a part of any in-office events including Meraki Town-halls, Development training, +Gym BootCamps+Yoga classes+None. As a support engineer, you are treated like cattle. 5) They pay you very low compensation and no concept of salary hike after the performance review as of today. That is still work in progress in that front from 2012. 6) You will be reporting to unqualified support managers & senior managers, most of them don't even have college degrees and no leadership experience. 7) Most of the OPT's, H1B's please don't get trapped because you have no way out- you are stuck for immigration stuff and will gain no new skills to help you switch jobs you will only have BURN SUPPORT BURN! 8) This job will stress you out, leave you exhausted at the end of the day, on the everyday basis-Its simply not worth it! 9) I have personally have asked my colleagues "what do you do after work hours?"- The get a universal response of- We are Exhausted, stressed and we just want to crash and nothing else! 10) Please find a better place and don't regret later. 11) No flexible work from home policy- Need prior approvals and preset criteria have to be met. No work from home on sick days! and others.

20 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Great place to grow!

Jul 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the smartest people I have worked with, typical Bay area tech company perks, and a beautiful office. You really have the opportunity to make an impact here!

Cons

It would be nice to work from home every now and again, however coming in such an awesome environment every day isn't too shabby!

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Meraki is a great place to work!

Nov 25, 2015 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are incredible smart but also very relatable. Good internal mobility once you work here. Company puts on great events and cares about employees happiness. Very low turnover which is the best indicator of a great place to work!

Cons

Not very open to work from home- they are honest about this in the interview process. Many other Bay Area tech companies have this as an option.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account Executive

Apr 21, 2014 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, great people, attainable quotas, great perks, great office.

Cons

Lack of ability to work from home despite having a cloud based product. Territories are being split more and more (naturally).

2 people found this review helpful