Mercy Director Reviews

Updated 27 Jul 2020

4.0
Mercy President and CEO Lynn Britton (no image)
Lynn Britton
  1. COVID-19

"Director, Imaging Services & Patient Transport"

5.0
    Former Employee - Director, Imaging Services & Patient Transport in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

strong mission focus; great leaders; awesome co-workers

Cons

a little too reactionary when revenues were down during the pandemic

Talent Selection Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening. Like other health care systems across the country, we’ve had to take difficult steps to address the heavy economic consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. We’ve taken proactive measures to provide the necessary care for our co-workers and their families. Our hearts go out to those impacted by these changes and the unprecedented impact of this global pandemic. Please reach out to mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review!

2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - IT Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People are nice, we are here for a purpose

Cons

Some leaders should not be in management as some coworkers are not living the Mercy values and can continue to engage in a negative manner.

Executive Assistant

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate you acknowledging our great culture. Our mission involves bringing to life the healing ministry of Jesus, and we believe we are the hands and feet of Jesus in healthcare today. No matter what co-workers do with their hands – importing data, emptying bedpans, answering phone calls, soothing fevers – they are helping bring to life the healing ministry. We continue to provide additional leadership training since every co-worker's voice is important to our overall mission. If you have any additional feedback to share, we encourage you to email us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. Have a great day!

3. "A Great mission-Driven Employer"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Faith based organization Great mission Community partner

Cons

Large organization with many layers of leadership and decision-making

Executive Assistant

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate you acknowledging our mission-oriented environment as we are proud to continue the work of Catherine McCauley. We value your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience here. We hope you have a blessed day!

"Fear layoffs; must be St Louis elite to stay"

Former Employee - Administrative Director in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, great physicians, great mission

Cons

Constant fear of downsizing, or of saying the wrong thing to trigger management

Executive Assistant

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback about Mercy. As you’ve likely witnessed, health care never stops changing and growing, so honest and transparent communication is welcomed and appreciated. We take everything we receive very seriously, and we strongly encourage you to email us additional details so we can look further into your comments. Please contact us at mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net. We champion a culture that values honest and transparent communication, so if you would like to share more feedback confidentially which we can look further into, please email mercyrecruitmentfeed@mercy.net.

5. "Great place"

Current Employee - Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked here for a long time, great team and co workers, cares a lot about offering high quality care to patients . Stable company

Cons

Large company, but also a positive with resources and stability

Executive Assistant

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review! It brings us joy to hear how much you love your experience as a Mercy co-worker; the team in OKC will definitely be happy to read your review. We put co-worker satisfaction as one of our top priorities and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for your kind words and the work you do here at Mercy!

6. "Lacking Character, Integrity and Value"

1.0
    Former Employee - Director in Rogers, AR

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

working remotely when needed, flexible with time off

Cons

executive leadership fails to live out the values and standards they expect of their co-workers. Lacks guidance on direction. Needs to be focused on increasing salaries of lower level co-workers rather than increasing executive positions and promotions.

7. "Stress full"

2.0
    Former Employee - Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Health Care, nice facility, nice people

Cons

Poor Leadership and lots of turnover

Continue reading

"Strong articulated values, excellent patient care, challenges in always living the values out"

Former Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong historical roots in service. The aims, desire, and dedication of the front line providers is overall outstanding. The occasional/rare co-worker not in line with patient-centered care stands out in contrast to the other 99%. Dedication to technology and ensuring solid financial performance to allow for continued best in class care. Effectively market themselves as leaders in the healthcare sector. Allow for work-life balance as needed. Mission team at the ministry level is outstanding and their support for co-workers shines as an example for all companies.

Cons

Dedication to technology does not always translate into better experience for the provider or co-worker. Wins awards but not always hearts and minds. Career advancement opportunity realities not always in line with articulated statements. Sometimes allows the outstanding work done by marketing to sweep challenges to long term success under the rug. Initiatives and focus shift far too frequently compared to other healthcare delivery industry leaders.

9. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits, insurance, And PTO

Cons

Management doesn’t listento front line coworkers

10. "Ministry Work that’s Tech Savvy"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director Clinical Business Solution Analysis in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with and awesome communities to serve. Great balance of ministry and business smarts. Quality conscious business that wants the best for those they serve.

Cons

Management doesn’t always administer annual merit increases in a just manner, which can be discouraging. Coworkers must be assertive if wanting to climb the career ladder.

Found 20 reviews