Find jobs for Actor

1. 5.0

Very flexible

Sep 29, 2020 - Actor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a great cast and made incredible friends, you are allowed to swap shifts/ someone cover your afternoon if you have an audition. Management are great and do help about this if you can’t find cover for something important.

Cons

Pay isn’t ideal for the work you put in to the shows.

Merlin Entertainments Response

Recruitment Marketing Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review! Our Actors are right at the centre of our magic so thanks so much for your hard work!

2. 3.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

It's fun, but your hours will disappear during off peak

Oct 27, 2021 - Actor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great fun environment with like minded people

Cons

If trade isn't coming in its the Actors who get cut rather than office staff.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Upper Management Suck

Apr 6, 2021 - Actor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues, good team spirit

Cons

Upper management hate staff and performers

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good fun

Jan 11, 2021 - Scare Actor in Warwick, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, reasonable hours and long hours around halloween

Cons

Pay is low compared to other companies, feel very replaceable

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fun job, great people, but actors are taken advantage of and over worked.

Aug 12, 2020 - Actor in Warwick, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best people seem to be attracted to scare acting. Fun job.

Cons

Performing for 3 hours at a time before a break. Unable to go to bathroom during this time despite needing to hydrate voice because of speaking for 3 hours straight and performing.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun job, enthusiastic staff

May 5, 2020 - Actor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a fun job for people who like to remain active in their jobs, you constantly have the opportunity to change characters and each day is different

Cons

Overtime is common, and not often a choice to say no to doing it, sometimes there is favouritism among management, if you go back year after year they will favour you

7. 2.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

If you are going to do it, do it for the friends you will make

Aug 3, 2019 - Actor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hiring personable actors. Some Management staff are nice but even they are being pressured by higher personnel. Some good benefits such as the Merlin Pass

Cons

Needs better pay and a need to understand the role you will be undertaking. The actors are more entertainment staff and should be treated as such. Acting is a different kettle of fish and a lot of management know it.

Merlin Entertainments Response

Recruitment Marketing Coordinator

Hi there! Thanks for reviewing us, your feedback will be passed on to the right team.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Apr 17, 2018 - Actor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks, fun team, good career progression (hire from within company), lots of sites to work at, family friendly material, good work perks

Cons

All-year round attractions so working on holidays, peak visitor periods stressful, work on weekends and rarely two days off in a row

9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Paid well below fair rate, management shambolic

Jul 8, 2014 - Actor in Blackpool, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job I had was quite fun itself, and we generally had good team camaraderie. Shift swapping permitted, and usually easy to book time off, so work hours quite flexible.

Cons

Pathetic pay (barely above min. wage for a qualified job that pays better elsewhere for less work). Management ignorant to staff concerns (concerns often treated as unwelcome, in fact), hypocritical, as well as generally lacking competence. No real incentive to do your job any better than anybody else. Disciplinaries given to several people for ridiculous reasons whilst other, more severe transgressions would be overlooked- especially when committed by management. Whilst in some areas you can progress through promotion, in other areas career options are very limited. And management are not paid very well either, so even that isn't very appealing.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Left for Dead by Merlin...

Nov 5, 2020 - Actor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Zip, zilch and nada... Unless you want to pay to make sone friends.

Cons

Lies, Fake Promises, Careless Employers, Raises Never Happen, Hard Work, Very Little Pay. I have a terminal illness and was basically left to die by Merlin during the pandemic. So many times I worked double and tripple shifts. So many times they received rave reviews. Why not give me a raise? Why not give me a few bucks to tide me over during the pandemic? I got nothing. They also made sure to fire me before giving me my benefit. They fired me and didnt give me my health insurance. I have epilepsy and a four year old and a wife with bipolar. This is what they did to me. They ruined my life. They are heartless monsters who only care about money. Stay far away. I also find it interesting that white people seem to have no trouble getting these benefits while my black behind has to suffer, not a coincidence in my view.

1 person found this review helpful