Met Group Reviews

Updated 31 Jan 2019

Met Group Group CEO Danny Kessler (no image)
Danny Kessler

"Graduate Futures Trader"

5.0

I have been working at Met Group full-time

Pros

Excellent long term prospects, great working environment, very thorough graduate program providing you with all the skills needed to become a successful futures trader

Cons

Long hours, takes time to become successful trader

"One of the worst experiences of my life."

Former Employee - Futures Trader in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Met Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- My fellow graduate traders, who helped keep morale up. - The IT department. - The knowledge that after working for Met Traders, things can only get better.

Cons

- Institutionalized bullying. I cannot be specific to who the culprits were (as this would violate Glassdoor's guidelines). Graduates were constantly belittled and aggressively mocked by individuals in positions of authority, This was the reason why at least two graduates left. One bully would lament why nobody would go to ask for any help or advice, apparently unaware that people wouldn't want to be openly castigated in front of their peers for asking questions. - Renumeration. You will not earn any serious money in this job, even after a year. Only approach this company if you have money and time to burn, because after taking into account living and transportation costs you won't break even for many years. The joke used to be that the cleaners were the only ones making any money. - Incredibly high turnover - most traders don't even last 6 months, because the conditions in the workplace are so poor. Morale is incredibly low. It became a habit to play "Another One Bites the Dust," whenever a trader left. I must have seen at least 10 traders go in my time there. - Abuse of the self employment system. In order to save money, you are designated as "self employed" so Met Traders doesn't have to pay you anything. However, you have none of the advantages of self employment, as you are required to book holiday time and arrive and leave at the times they dictate (for example, bank holidays were mandatory work days).

"Met Traders"

I worked at Met Group

Pros

Learn lots during the training program. Trading is challenging and rewarding when it works.

Cons

Terrible work life balance, 11h+ work days. Very high trading fees, company takes 50% of profit after all the fees (which they are part of). Effort given is unappreciated.

"Long Hours, Minimal Guidance, Non-Existant Rewards"

Former Employee - Graduat Trainer in London, England

I worked at Met Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to complex markets with extensive training.

Cons

Conflict of Interests, they make money from you if you break even. They dont even need you to make a profit.

Continue reading

"DO NOT JOIN THE GRAD PROGRAMME"

Futures Trader in London, England

I worked at Met Group

Pros

The only pro I can think of is watching how the market reacts to news but again you can do that by joining a free internet platform.

Cons

Work 12 hours per day. No money after 6 months there. They hire you as self-employed in order not to pay taxes and insurance but still they force you to work there 12 hours per day. No bank holidays. You are treated with the worst way possible and the manager makes fun of you with every chance he gets. Potential of earning 1000£ per month is after AT LEAST A YEAR. Lied about salary(there is no salary)

6. "Great Education"

Former Employee - Futures Trader

I worked at Met Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learnt a lot, was challenging at times but I feel I was providing with the knowledge and analytical skills required to succeed in this industry. When the markets are busy the strategy could be very profitable

Cons

Not getting paid for the initial period was tough, but they did say it can take up to a year. There are periods of a week or two when there is very little to do and people struggle to make money.

7. "Great place to start your career in trading"

Former Employee - Futures Trader in London, England

I worked at Met Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The graduate course is intense, demanding but very rewarding. Especially if you are not having a financial background, you will learn a lot that will enable you understand the global markets, what is trading about and how to do it profitably. The strategy of the company is working and it can be extremely profitable in favourable market conditions. Additionally, it is very conservative, so when the market is against you, if you are disciplined and focused, your account will not get much hurt . A really interesting job with unlimited potential and if you are self disciplined, hard-working and a bit lucky, you will have a very nice career in trading.

Cons

You need to be able to support your living in London for a long period before earning enough money from your trading.

Continue reading
  8. "Trading oil and stirs futures"

Current Employee - Trader in London, England

I have been working at Met Group full-time

Pros

Good strategy Trading next to other traders (of which some experienced) Friendly environment Supervisors always available

Cons

High commissions No compensation, at least initially

Continue reading
  9. "Building a career as Future Trader from the ground"

5.0
     in London, England

I have been working at Met Group

Pros

-Graduate scheme is complete and prepares you from the ground on how the futures market behaves and you can trade it -very challenging and gives high responsabilities and incentives on developing your own style and market strategies to trade -very pleasant atmosphere and informal work environment -the strategy they teach actually works and is profitable -work next to other traders trading ideas and thoughts all day

Cons

I'd suggest weekly one to one speeches especially when the market is difficult to trade, to compare thoughts and improve quicker

10. "Futures Trader"

Current Employee - Futures Trader in London, England

I have been working at Met Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities are abundant, culture is meritocratic, responsibility is given to profitable traders much earlier on than in other firms. When markets are volatile, trading is exciting as opportunities present themselves.

Cons

Can be challenging when markets are quiet since there are less trading opportunities. Trading markets require time, patience and a psychological resilience which many lack.

Found 20 reviews