Metro Bank Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

UK - All Cities

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "The pace of Metro Bank is relentless so that may not be for everyone" (in 33 reviews)

• "Working in a store there is almost zero work life balance and the shift patterns can really mess with your body clock leaving you warn out" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The MOST incredible place to work! So grateful to be part of the revolution in British Banking!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- The incredible people that you get to work with every day. Colleagues genuinely care about doing the right thing for customers... they put the customer first, which is why Metro Bank is so different to other banks
    - They encourage everyone to be their true self to work, whilst everyone works hard, everyone has lots of fun - there is a quiz every Friday, weekly bake offs for charities, a choir (The MetroNomes), lots of events through the various D&I networks, everyone enjoys working here!
    - All jobs are advertised internally so existing colleagues have the opportunity to progress and develop their careers. The Recruitment team hold internal careers evenings to help educate colleagues on all of the wonderful opportunities available to them
    - Colleagues are promoted into new roles all of the time, I think it's around 25/30% of colleagues that get promoted every year! The opportunities to grow and develop are endless!
    - Teams are diverse, there is a real strong sense of inclusion and that everyone is equal, everyone is talented
    - The Executive Leadership Team and Senior Managers are visible - they walk the floors, they ask colleagues how they are, they respond to questions on the internal communication portal, they genuinely care for their teams

Cons

- It's fast paced and not for the feint hearted! The bank is growing, and growing quickly, so there is always lots to do! You will work hard and be challenged - but no two days are the same and you will learn more here than anywhere else!

Advice to Management

- Don't let standards slip - continue to be relentless about the culture... attending to every detail and putting the customers first. The rest will follow...

Metro Bank Response

11 Nov 2018 – Chief People Officer

Wow - what a helpful review and you've captured so much of what our colleagues do to make Metro Bank a very special place! And there are so many opportunities to get involved and also grow your... More

2. "Best company i've ever worked for, i feel so valued"

Current Employee - Commercial Analyst in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Commercial Analyst in Reading, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Magic Friday's embracing our culture
    No stupid bank rules
    Excellent benefits and pension contributions
    Flexible working environment that fits in around raising a family
    Good rates of pay

Cons

There are literally none !

Advice to Management

Be kind to working mums, those sports days and Xmas assemblies are what our children want us not to miss

"A Great place to work"

Current Employee - Risk Manager in Holborn, England
    Current Employee - Risk Manager in Holborn, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked for Metro for over 7 years (they just celebrated their first year when I joined) I have seen many changes and watched the company grow. The most important thing for me is there are no closed doors to any of the management/executive teams, when I am in Head Office I often see Craig (CEO) walking around the office. I have received the most amazing support this year, having to take a large amount of time off supporting a family member through end of life care and I couldn't have asked for a more supportive company to work for. At no point was there any pressure to get back to work which enabled me to solely concentrate on family. All fully paid.

Cons

I can't think of anything specific,

Advice to Management

I would just say "Don't lose the Culture" as we grow because that is why we are different.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Friendly and helpful colleagues. Collective. Sense of purpose and capability. No silly bureaucracy.

Cons

Can be fast paced which may not suit everyone.

5. "Working at Metro Mank"

Current Employee - Auditor in London, England
    Current Employee - Auditor in London, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Metro Banks is simply a great place to work

Cons

Of course it can be very busy at times.

Advice to Management

Keep on with the good work

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good support from managers, great communication, really good career opportunity, good salary

Cons

can't think of anything bad

Advice to Management

Doing an AMAZEING job

7. "Metro Bank Current Employee review I.T"

Current Employee - Technical Applications Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Technical Applications Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked in finance for the past 28 years in some of the big 5 banks and all I can say is working for Metro Bank is like a breath of fresh air. They listen to their staff ideas and implement the no silly banking rules to their staff also. You are trusted and the zest within the London offices and Stores is like nothing I have experienced before. Always someone to bump your questions to and they get answered. Work life balance is great yes we do work out of hours but that is part of the role in I.T which Management make sure you take back and are recognised for, I don't mind doing this taking pride in aiding Metro Bank reach and maintain their vision. Colleagues have been promoted internally and given the opportunity to try a totally different area.

Cons

Currently I do not have any cons for working at Metro Bank

Advice to Management

Keep trusting your employees like you do and the visibility of Management is very much appreciated.

8. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Custoemr Service Representative in Canterbury, England
    Current Employee - Custoemr Service Representative in Canterbury, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the company lives and breathes our culture in everything they do. This is not just a gimmick in training, it really does come from every individual, not matter what role they do.

Cons

I am yet to find one

Advice to Management

Continue being visible and leading from the front, your passion is infectious!

9. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holborn, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holborn, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Giving greatest opportunity to study, gain knowledge, shadowing and find your place to be - the best place to start your career path. Amazing culture and environment to work.

Cons

Waiting at least 6 months to transfer/change your role.

Advice to Management

Stimulate managers to be open and accept every new opportunity for their employers.

10. "Collections Manager"

Current Employee - Collections Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Collections Manager in London, England

I have been working at Metro Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment. Loads of support from higher management and Execs are readily available should you require anything. The culture is amazing and it's genuinely a great place to work.

Cons

Sometimes you can get a bit overwhelmed when trying to get much needed change implemented, however all good things take time.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with your staff, nurture and support them and keep the engagement (zest) levels high.