Millbank Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Millbank Reviews

Updated Mar 13, 2019

5.0
Millbank Managing Director David Hopley (no image)
David Hopley
  1. "Millbank Holdings Ltd"

I have been working at Millbank full-time

Pros

Professional company loaded with experienced people to learn from. Everyone knows their stuff about the industries they work in and do their jobs with real conviction. Management is accommodating of family matters when needed.

Cons

Some areas of management are quite old fashioned.

Millbank2019-03-13

"Welcoming environment with a wealth of knowledge and experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Runcorn, England

I have been working at Millbank full-time

Pros

Joining a well established company here, you instantly begin to see why it has done so well with the history, knowledge and experience that the staff bring in which some have been here 20+ years. The staff here are very welcoming, friendly and always willing to provide support and advice if/where needed. When I started at Millbank as a trainee, I was provided with all the training, time and knowledge needed by... the management to help me succeed and progress within the company. I have really enjoyed my time here so far and I hope to enjoy many more years at Millbank.

Cons

As far as I am aware, there are no cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and invest in any future trainee staff as I personally benefited from this. Also, with there being a lot of family orientated staff here, maybe include them into some of the future social events.

Millbank2017-05-05

"Good working environment"

I have been working at Millbank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good to have an agency that understands work life balance. Professional environment shaped by a culture focused on delivery and understanding engineering requirements. Level of experience of the consultants means you are generally allowed to get on with your tasks with minimum supervision. Plenty of parking and next to a shopping centre making it easy to nip out for lunch.

Cons

Commute to Runcorn can be difficult from north of the river, with the new bridge build and road works. This will be resolved though later in the year when the build is finished.

Advice to Management

Keep the free fruit initiative going all year round. More remote access to the CRM system and change from Nokia to iPhones for all work phones.

Millbank2017-03-02
  4. "Great culture and team with a very well respected brand in the market"

I have been working at Millbank

Pros

Having worked with Millbank for over a year now the main Pros are follows: People There are some great people that work at Millbank. It's testament to the business when you have key people that have been there for over 25 years. This is a key reason the business has been successful as we have key people who know the industry, disciplines and recruitment sector very well, which allows us to provide very strong... delivery to our clients. Location The offices are very well setup and it's very easy to get to over the Runcorn-Widnes Bridge. When the new bridge is open it will be even easier as the exit is just down the road. There is ample free parking so I'm never short of somewhere to leave my car. The atmosphere is one of professionalism. Yes there is the usual office banter, but everyone knows what they are doing so there isn't the need for any KPIs or aggressive sales strategies. We're helping candidates find jobs and clients find people, so it's the ethos to take a people focused approach to recruitment. History The name and brand is very well received with all of our clients and we have agreements that have been in place for over 25 years. You only keep trading with those clients for that long if you add value to what they do. Values The values of Millbank are Heritage, Integrity, Knowledge, Respect and Real. These are values I uphold, so it was one of the reasons I joined them and they are true in the culture of the business.

Cons

The cons of the business would be that the professional approach may not be for everyone. If you're used to a sales driven/KPI environments that some Sales companies have, it could be easy to lose your way. They give you all the systems and support you need, but it's then up to that person to take ownership of their role and build the business they are responsible for.

Advice to Management

To look into continual development of systems and staff to ensure that key values, experience and delivery is upheld.

Millbank2017-03-01
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Runcorn, England

I have been working at Millbank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coming in to an office where some staff have been there for 20+ years can be pretty intimidating either as a consultant or support staff. However, within a short period I was made to feel welcome not only by my colleagues but also by the Directors and Managing Director. Good culture, everyone enjoys themselves but gets the job done. For those who are looking to start a career in the recruitment industry – working... alongside Consultants who have been with the same company for 20+ years is invaluable. For experienced Consultants and Managers looking for a change - there are lots of opportunities for progression and development and you will be challenged to think outside the box.

Cons

There are no downsides that stands out for me.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and develop your employees. I have never enjoyed working somewhere as I do at Millbank. Keep reaching out to all parts of the business!

Millbank2016-11-03
  6. "Welcoming and friendly"

I have been working at Millbank full-time

Pros

From my first interview at Millbank I got the sense that the company has succeeded through a commitment to doing things the right way. When I talk to other newer hires, they also decided to join for that reason, and it's encouraging that there are so many long-serving staff members still with the business today. The office atmosphere is friendly and inclusive. Staff are very supporting of one another. There's... also a very good work/life balance at Millbank, which is wonderful for my family life.

Cons

The group structure can be confusing at first, as Millbank is made up of the recruitment business, rail and rail training, and it takes a while to wrap your head around why this is and how it works. Maybe for some the prospect of commuting to Runcorn might not be appealing, but there's no traffic and free parking at the office.

Advice to Management

Continue to nurture your next generation of consultants using your experienced staff, because people are your most important asset.

Millbank2016-10-05