Found 2,122 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Long hours and not compensated well enough to justify them" (in 199 reviews)
- "Low pay and not inclined with inflation" (in 149 reviews)
- "Bad management and treated unfairly" (in 124 reviews)
- "No work life balance Always understaffed" (in 66 reviews)
- "The managers they hired were awful." (in 65 reviews)
- 4.04 Dec 2023Finance AnalystCurrent EmployeeBirmingham, England
- Great discounts on food & drinks across all brands. - Payday socials in the Birmingham offices, great way to get to know other teams. - Supportive and empowering line managers.
- Salaries falling behind market rates
- 2.016 Oct 2023BartenderFormer Employee
Fun at times Good discounts company wide
Awful pay and over worked Rarely got more than 15 minute break (if that) on shifts. When I requested a break i was often treated as if it was a selfish decision and a big ask when it is required by law. Management were selfish and hypocritical. The company discounts often had fine print you arent made aware of until theres nothing you can do about it. Could be bought drinks as tips, however you had to use them the same day but we weren't allowed to drink after shift, so essentially i could only be bought bottles of beer, cider, WKD or a soft drink with this rule and take it home with me. There is a good reason why this company has such poor staff turn over
- 2.027 Nov 2023Team ManagerCurrent Employee
When a team works well it's incredible with everyone being on top of things Flexible hours Get to meet lots of unique people and interesting customers.
Manager dependent, with a bad one you can find yourself dreading just turning up, but with a good one it hardly feels like work at all. Hours are sparse as of late.
- 2.015 Nov 2023Server/WaitressFormer Employee
- tips ( if they’re not being stolen ) - chatting to customers is fun
- management hypocritical behaviour ( forcing you to pay for food when they won’t or ‘forget’ to ) - overworking new staff that aren’t comfortable with a certain workload yet - leaving responsibilities to one staff member whilst the ‘clique’ goes and stands outside doing nothing without letting people know - getting auto clocked out for breaks you don’t have -managers not prioritising breaks when it’s dead they say it’s your responsibility because they ‘forget’ - saying everyone needs to work christmas day then conveniently letting some people have it off for unfair reasons
- 3.019 Oct 2023SupervisorCurrent Employee
Pretty much always get the full hours I request (I.e. 40 hours a week) - this is mostly due to the internal pub management rather than M&B. Tips! M&B discount and discounts in a lot of high street brands with pick a perk.
Pay brackets between roles needs to be looked at and addressed! I am a shift supervisor meaning I manage the shift sometimes without any other management and am only on an extra 50p - £1 than those I am managing. There is absolutely no financial encouragement to become a supervisor and I could earn ‘nearly’ just as much with ALOT less stress as a team coach and leave all the management to someone else - luckily for my pub and team I actually wanted this experience.
- 5.05 Dec 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCambridge, England
great teams that all work together for a common goal
pay could be better however pretty good for a 17 year old
- 3.03 Dec 2023ChefCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBournemouth, England
almost flexible hours and days to choose
the common problem of evil GM and many people who put their heads down
Mitchells & Butlers Reviews FAQs
Mitchells & Butlers has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,177 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Mitchells & Butlers to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
58% of Mitchells & Butlers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mitchells & Butlers 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.