Mollie Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mollie Reviews

Updated 30 Dec 2019

4.9
Mollie CEO Gaston Aussems (no image)
Gaston Aussems

"Growing company with a lot of energy"

I have been working at Mollie full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great colleagues * Interesting product * Inspiring workplace * Lots of opportunities to grow your skills * Start-up - so things move fast

Cons

* We need a few things to professionalize, like any other start-up * Benefits are somewhat basic

Advice to Management

* Pay more attention to Learning and Development opportunities for staff

Mollie2019-03-11
  2. "Country Manager"

Current Employee - Country Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mollie is a great place to work, where you have both challenge and freedom, surrounded by inspiring people.

Cons

Honestly, I don't see any. You get to be passionate to be able to follow the great dynamic !

Advice to Management

Great company culture!

Mollie2019-12-30
  3. "Great work environment, possibilities to grow & ambitious colleagues"

Current Employee - Partnership Manager in Amsterdam
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture is great. Work hard but have a lot of fun too. Everybody is really ambitious. The company is growing fast in terms of clients but also in terms of new colleagues. This creates a lot of challegnes but I've to say we are doing a better job on that every day and these new colleagues bring a lot of new insights and knowledge to the teams. We are quite a 'flat' company with not a lot of hierarchy. Everybody is really down to earth and approachable. Friday drinks and Mollie parties are great. Mollie has offices in The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and France and this creates a lot of possibilities to grow and work internationally. We are planning to enter even more markets in Europe so great times ahead. Salaries are solid and we get the best gear (Apple laptop, huge screen) available. Office building is located at the Keizersgracht and its absolutelly stunning. Great place to work.

Cons

The company is growing fast which is always challenging. New processes, strucrures and 'rules' are created which can differ from how we have always done it and was 'typically Mollie'. Because of the growth, the company's strategy is also changing which can be confusing time to time and conflicting with the current daily ops. I really like a continuously changing environment but I can understand that some people don't like that. Finally, there is a lot of work to do and every single employee has quite some responsibilities. You need to like that too.

Advice to Management

Offer more help to implement new company strategies. Think about sessions with the commercial team to discuss the impact of the new strategy. In this way, you know the challanges we are facing and you can offer help. Because the company is growing fast, young and ambitious employees grow into a management role which I think is a good thing. To create even better managers, you have to do more than offering 'management training & courses'. Think about 1-1 meetings with these managers but also collecting feedback from team members. In a feedback company everybody is able to make mistakes and grow even faster, also managers who just started.

Mollie2019-12-24
  4. "Exciting times at this great company"

Current Employee - Head of Commerce in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is growing rapidly and there are lots of smart people working here. There are many challenges that come with this rapid growth and the company stimulates everyone to take ownership and to make a difference. No hierarchy, great atmostphere with a "can-do" mentality.

Cons

The usuals "growth pains" that come with rapid growth. Think about moving to a new office 3 times within 12 months and some processes with other departments need improvement.

Mollie2019-12-23
  5. "Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Head of Partnerships in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've started almost 4 years ago at Mollie. We grew from 20 to roughly 185 employees. Mollie is a fast growing and ambitious company. As an employee you contribute directly to the company goals and results. The Mollie product is great and we're truly making impact by solving the complexity of payments for our merchants, big or small.

Cons

A dynamic and fast pace work environment. Department and company strategy tends to change, Nevertheless important to keep the Mollie culture alive.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employee development. This helps to attract and keep the best talents and you'll be able to build a strong work culture

Mollie2019-12-23
  6. "Passionate, thriving and innovative FinTech company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mollie has a strong atmosphere to get things done whilst keeping team spirit high! She operates as employer and educator, strengthening employees to become an expert in field. Input equals output, healthy base and bonus structure.

Cons

Can't think of any downsides

Mollie2019-12-23
  7. "Fast paced company with high and positive energy"

Current Employee - Partner Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great positive vibe, flexible, great location, nice gear, you have the freedom to do the work your way, young, fast paced.

Cons

Salary can be higher and would be nice to be able to have a company car

"Mollie <3"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Lokeren, East Flanders

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool Vibe Really cool product Mollie parties and events Mollie swag Happy customers

Cons

Not really a cons.

Advice to Management

More communications sometimes

Mollie2019-12-09

"Nice place to work!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fast growing company with a really nice culture and work vibe in the city center of Amsterdam. The lovely colleagues, open mindsets, positive mentalities and the option to grow and learn a lot is what I really enjoy.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this moment

Mollie2019-12-02
  10. "A great work environment that stimulates creativity, ambitions and an authentic culture."

I have been working at Mollie full-time

Pros

Top 3 1. Great culture. Possibility to be yourself (authentic) 2. Boosts my mood and creates happiness in my daily work activities 3. Growth potential

Cons

I don't have any :)

Mollie2019-11-29