Mollie Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 March 2019

5.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing company with a lot of energy"

I have been working at Mollie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Great colleagues
    * Interesting product
    * Inspiring workplace
    * Lots of opportunities to grow your skills
    * Start-up - so things move fast

Cons

* We need a few things to professionalize, like any other start-up
    * Benefits are somewhat basic

Advice to Management

* Pay more attention to Learning and Development opportunities for staff

2. "Personal, fun & critical approach - aiming for the best!"

Current Employee - Head of Recruitment in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Head of Recruitment in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Mollie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Mollie is like working with relatives. We literally go through fire for each other.

Cons

Growpains. Since 2015 Mollie is growing fast. This means sometimes we facing situations that new for us as a company. The good thing about this is that we do strive to get the most out of every situation.

3. "I love the opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Mollie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the vibe of the office where everybody is super excited about our next challenge - international expansion. I can really see that people like the company and genuinely enjoy working here. It often feels more like a family than a company and that is the atmosphere I enjoy the most.

We are up for something great, we decided to conquer the rest of Europe, not just the Benelux market. I can really feel that I con contribute to that with my ideas and make an impact. People listen to me and I can use my full creativity to take ownership of all the projects. The company structure is really flat, so with all my ideas I can walk up directly to CEO or the founder.

The technology is everywhere at Mollie, we are implementing automation across the whole organisation and that is really exciting. I also enjoy having the latest Apple gear (and noise-canceling headphones are great as well).

Location of the office is right at the heart of Amsterdam with a beautiful canal view. I especially enjoy our Friday drinks on the balcony in the summer.

Cons

I do not see any big minuses myself (yet), but I can imagine that for some people it could be the hassle of a scale-up environment where things are constantly changing and decisions are made fast.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and for the future focus especially on hiring more senior staff who could drive the strategy.

4. "Quality product, great culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Mollie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product driven company, there is a big focus on quality and getting things right. There is no pressure to work long hours, and a healthy work-life balance is promoted. You work with friendly and smart people, and there is little drama with regards to company politics.

Cons

The codebase is quite big and legacy code can lead to development efforts taking longer than they should. To be fair, this is being actively addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep the product center in what drives the company. Don’t get distracted by "side-projects" but ship the stuff that’s going to move the needle.