Mom365 Employee Reviews about "moms"

Updated Jun 15, 2020

Found 41 of over 485 reviews

3.4
Mom365 CEO John Johnson (no image)
John Johnson
Pros
  • "It's an amazing feeling capturing baby's first moments and making the family Cry tears of joy when they see how beautiful these photos come out(in 34 reviews)

• "Babies and working with wonderful photographers(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Higher base pay for photographers(in 96 reviews)

• "compensation less than desired and pressure to provide service for Moms going through a stressful experience with loss at birth or baby being in nicu(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "moms"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Contractor

Complicated

Jun 15, 2020 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun to provide joyful moms a service with their newborns

Cons

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Pros

Creative, fun, family photography, feeling like you’re your own boss most of the time. Some families that are “over-the-moon” excited do make this job worthwhile because you feel like you made a difference and gave them a great experience, but it does seem too far in between.

Cons

Money, VERY inconsistent number of hours (because you photograph till all rooms are done and birth numbers can vary) and paychecks looked like a rollercoaster just never knowing how much you bring in till payday, “Last man on the totem pole” when it comes to doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, insurance, birth certificate, etc. The hospital is just not the place for a full-blown photo-shoot especially when the families are exhausted and moms are in pain. Lastly, if you get sick/vacation, it may be hard to find coverage for your shift.

Mom365 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you know, Mom365 believes that Every Baby Deserves a Beautiful Portrait, and we strive to ensure price points for every family, which is why we offer a free Digital Keepsake for every family. We are always looking to improve our customer's experience and are continually testing new products and different prices point. We have some very exciting products on the horizon!

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Newborn Photographer Job Outlook

Oct 10, 2018 - Newborn Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with new families is exciting, and the hospital environment is very positive.

Cons

This position doesn't pay well and management is not organized. Sales are pushed, even when new moms don't want to buy photos or have a session.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

photographer

Oct 8, 2018 - Sales Associate/Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

it's a beautiful job, you finish work day when you are done with your work, get to work in a nice environment, no direct management on top of you.

Cons

you work for minimum vage, and you get some comission you are paid for what is higher. very low wage, the only ones who stay for a longer time are the trainers. they have 401 k and medical insurance, which is basic and no one knows about any of the insurance cause the company is not doing enough to help to understand them. i would rather not to get medical insurance since my salary is low anyway and would get better coverage throw the medi care. since the company was bought management is chaotic, my district management is basically existing, the new photographers are not well trained and no one is checking on that. most of the photographers are part-time moms who obviously have another salary to pay the bills.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 2.0

Double the Work - Same Pay

Aug 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

not sure anymore. Everyone who put drive, determination, sweat, long hours, those who truly loved the company was fired.

Cons

Doubled the work - Same pay. Unbelievable Turnover that is uncontrollable by the DM. Part time employees who will decide to stop showing up to positions that they are the only one scheduled. These are not "stores" where we have full time employees and many of them who rarely quit. There is one person assigned usually to one hospital, and if that person stops showing up you get uncovered hospitals, missed moms and there's very little you can do about it because to hire someone new takes 6 weeks at least! From a photographers standpoint its a GREAT position and you can make full time money being on part time hours if you have the "IT FACTOR".. but 90% hired do not.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Stay away

Aug 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to photograph newborns, work with some of the best hospitals.

Cons

Pushing sales on brand new vulnerable Moms, talked down to when you don't make enough sales, minimum wage job, have to travel at times.

2 people found this review helpful

Mom365 Response

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience while working for Mom365. We are actively working on ways to provide more support to our Photographers and District Managers. We were recently acquired by Blackstreet Holdings and our new CEO is heavily focused on improving the Field Operations. Good luck in future endeavors.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

District Manager

Jul 31, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved all the DMs that I worked with, my RD was the best supervisor there is, and I loved my team of photographers. This job used to be so much fun.

Cons

Company is constantly restructuring and realigning people (which happens in every company...) HOWEVER the company recently went through a buy out and I was fired without notice. My boss was fired without notice. A lot of people have lost their job. You get more work every year, but zero compensation for it. Raises are not given. Everyone is doing what they can to try and save their job. The areas are huge, and can no longer be properly managed. I have been gone three weeks and still have photographers calling me because they aren't sure who their boss is. Hospitals are calling upset because there isn't any coverage, and they want out of their contracts. Moms are calling because there is a no longer a customer service dept and they have no idea who to call to receive the products that they paid for. There is no way the company is going to stay open with the amount of hospitals that are cancelling, the amount of photographers quitting, and how unhappy the remaining management is.

6 people found this review helpful

Mom365 Response

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Mom365 was recently acquired by Blackstreet Capital Holdings and we are looking forward to improving many of the areas you reference above. Good luck in your future endeavors.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

"Hobby" not for income

May 30, 2018 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Babies are always a pleasure. It's really a joyful time to welcome a new baby into the world.

Cons

You can't make a living working for this company, it's just for retirees, moms who don't need income, ladies just wanting a hobby. There is huge pressure to sell, sell, sell, and sell MORE, unfortunately in this day in age people don't appreciate the value of a photo session. Most, 90% of moms say no because of the expensive prices, they know someone who will do a session or they are phonetographers. These days it is a hard sell, so the business is suffering. You will take the heat from all of the nurses, managers, hospital staff and then have to answer to your DM. You will get called in all the time, people quit every day, no one wants to stay. You have no future with this company, no one does. My manager was awesome BUT she was over run every single. She was taking calls 24/7, sending out emails every day, I felt sorry for her. There have been many people let go without warring, Regional Directors, District Managers, HR and even the VP. This is very unsettling for any employee, please don't waist your time on a company very short lived. You are worth more than MOM365 has to offer. Trust ME!!

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Dont do it!

May 13, 2018 - Lab in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers are hardworking and very considerate people

Cons

Everything! Employees get treated like crap by all the supervisors. Supervisors stand around and talk all day, constantly saw them on Facebook instead actually working. They fire employees whenever they want to fit whatever need the company has. The building is constantly falling apart, terrible work environment! Computers/software are crap. The products are cheaply made and then they charge an arm and a leg for all their photo packages. Not a good job for mom's with young kids. They pitch a fit when your kid gets sick and you have to leave to go get them or even stay home with them. For a place that is supposed to be about Moms and children, they could really care less about the moms who work for them.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0

Newborn Photographer

Apr 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-flexible hours -taking pictures of babies and sharing that moment with the families

Cons

-management is an absolute joke -they will NOT CARE how good you are with the moms and families, if you’re not a top seller then you’re not good in their eyes -salary and commissions are an absolute joke -ZERO appreciation for the workers unless you’re a regional manager then they don’t care about you -there’s absolutely no room to grow

1 person found this review helpful