Mom365 Employee Reviews about "photographers"

Updated Jan 13, 2021

Found 116 of over 485 reviews

3.4
Mom365 CEO John Johnson (no image)
John Johnson
Pros
  • "It's an amazing feeling capturing baby's first moments and making the family Cry tears of joy when they see how beautiful these photos come out(in 34 reviews)

• "Babies and working with wonderful photographers(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Higher base pay for photographers(in 96 reviews)

• "compensation less than desired and pressure to provide service for Moms going through a stressful experience with loss at birth or baby being in nicu(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "photographers"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales job, not for aspiring photographers

Jan 13, 2021 - Photographer in Poughkeepsie, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively laid back, can work your schedule out with others if you need time off. Working with babies was fun.

Cons

It feels incredibly invasive walking into a new mother's room and asking for her time and money. There were days I'd drive and hour into the hospital just to find out there were no babies born that day and I'd have to drive an hour home with no pay. Most parents do not care at all about your spiel and just want to rest and not spend money. All photographers in my district were forced multiple times in my year there to watch videos and answer questions on my own time not in the hospital and when asked if I'd be compensated for my time was told that "the feeling of being better at my job" would be our compensation.

2. 3.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Beautiful job, crap pay

Nov 7, 2019 - Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun! flexible schedule! Learn to take photos well

Cons

Make no money and can’t get hours if no new babies to photograph

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Part time job

Apr 25, 2019 - Photographer/Sales in Westwood, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, photographing newborn babies and families, Hospital setting, it is a happy job.

Cons

I don't love the sales aspect of the job. Higher base pay for photographers.

Mom365 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate the honest feedback! We appreciate your dedication to fulfilling our Vision that Every Baby Deserves a Beautiful Portrait as you work to Capture, Celebrate and Preserve Family's most Cherished Memories! We are working hard to improve the sales process, make products and packages easier to understand, and of course take good care of our Photographers. We have a lot of behind the scenes projects that will address sales and pay, as well as recognize our employees. Thanks for sticking with us through all of the recent changes.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee

Pros

Creative, fun, family photography, feeling like you’re your own boss most of the time. Some families that are “over-the-moon” excited do make this job worthwhile because you feel like you made a difference and gave them a great experience, but it does seem too far in between.

Cons

Money, VERY inconsistent number of hours (because you photograph till all rooms are done and birth numbers can vary) and paychecks looked like a rollercoaster just never knowing how much you bring in till payday, “Last man on the totem pole” when it comes to doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, insurance, birth certificate, etc. The hospital is just not the place for a full-blown photo-shoot especially when the families are exhausted and moms are in pain. Lastly, if you get sick/vacation, it may be hard to find coverage for your shift.

3 people found this review helpful

Mom365 Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As you know, Mom365 believes that Every Baby Deserves a Beautiful Portrait, and we strive to ensure price points for every family, which is why we offer a free Digital Keepsake for every family. We are always looking to improve our customer's experience and are continually testing new products and different prices point. We have some very exciting products on the horizon!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

DO NOT WORK HERE

Mar 4, 2019 - Newborn Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with Newborns was fun

Cons

PLENTY 1. Pay varies. You barely get Any money 2. NO COMMUNICATION BETWEEN YOU, YOUR DISTRICT MANAGER, OR OTHER EMPLOYEES 3. Often, when you go to the hospital, you won't know how many babies you'll have until you get there 4. Manager has favorites. If you aren't them, don't expect any help at all 5. They expect you too do things out of your control and you get in trouble for it 6. A manager can make or break how you feel about the job and company-in my situation, the manager broke it 7. They ONLY care about sales and how much you sell. It isn't about mom, baby, or how they feel. It is ONLY about how much you sell. The more you sell, the more you become a favorite. Often times, mom doesn't have the money to buy anything and we are still forced and pressured to sell as much as we can o them and get in trouble if they decline. 8. The Pay is NOT worth the drive. You are supposed to get paid mileage if you work at a hospital outside of the city you are in. I wasn't told about that until 3 months after I had started because one girl quit because of it. Your mileage isn't paid on tie at all. 9. You are alone. You work alone and get things done alone. 10. HIGH TURNOVER. Literally everyone I came into contact with at the job quit within a few days of being there. IT IS NOT WORTH IT! DO NOT WORK HERE. WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD. GET/BE A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Mom365 Response

We're sorry to hear you had a negative experience with Mom365. We are actively working with our Field Management Team to improve communication and provide better training so Photographers are equipped and confident in working with families and presenting products. We wish you well in future endeavors.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t do it

Feb 1, 2019 - District Manager in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Babies and working with wonderful photographers

Cons

Everything else! No work life balance. Not enough tools to do everything required. You are responsible for everyone and everything

6 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0

Dishonest and Shady

Oct 28, 2018 - Photographer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was a great manager there when I started. Working with tiny newborns. Being able to capture moments for new parents. Meeting new coworkers and parents. Working with the nursing staff.

Cons

Shady management within Corporate. Sometimes worked 6 days a week. Was called often when other photographers wouldn't show up for their shift. Commute of an hour at the very least every day to and from. Office is very small. Equipment was lacking. I questioned the integrity of a few of my coworkers. One, in particular, was very sneaky and underhanded. HR Department is not on your side so don't believe for a second that they are. It's all a front.

12 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0

District Manager

Oct 23, 2018 - District Manager in Saint Charles, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of any. Simply working for this company to get a pay check is not even enough of a reason!

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. Photographers are low paid women and a few men who are psychologically beaten every day because of lack of sales. If you don't sell you earn pittance!

13 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

photographer

Oct 8, 2018 - Sales Associate/Photographer
      Business Outlook

Pros

it's a beautiful job, you finish work day when you are done with your work, get to work in a nice environment, no direct management on top of you.

Cons

you work for minimum vage, and you get some comission you are paid for what is higher. very low wage, the only ones who stay for a longer time are the trainers. they have 401 k and medical insurance, which is basic and no one knows about any of the insurance cause the company is not doing enough to help to understand them. i would rather not to get medical insurance since my salary is low anyway and would get better coverage throw the medi care. since the company was bought management is chaotic, my district management is basically existing, the new photographers are not well trained and no one is checking on that. most of the photographers are part-time moms who obviously have another salary to pay the bills.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

Double the Work - Same Pay

Aug 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

not sure anymore. Everyone who put drive, determination, sweat, long hours, those who truly loved the company was fired.

Cons

Doubled the work - Same pay. Unbelievable Turnover that is uncontrollable by the DM. Part time employees who will decide to stop showing up to positions that they are the only one scheduled. These are not "stores" where we have full time employees and many of them who rarely quit. There is one person assigned usually to one hospital, and if that person stops showing up you get uncovered hospitals, missed moms and there's very little you can do about it because to hire someone new takes 6 weeks at least! From a photographers standpoint its a GREAT position and you can make full time money being on part time hours if you have the "IT FACTOR".. but 90% hired do not.

4 people found this review helpful