Momentum Marketing Group Reviews

Updated 11 Sep 2019

2.6
Momentum Marketing Group Director of Operations Jessica Vihtelic (no image)
Jessica Vihtelic

"A lot of open ended promises. While working like a dog 24/7"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Momentum Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like being on your feet selling products inside of SAMs while being expect to meet unrealistic sales standards this jobs for you

Cons

Relocation is a must, you have always answer networking calls, attend meetings even on your day off, Saturday's you work until 8:30 if you love have any personal time this job is not for you

Momentum Marketing Group2015-09-29

"Pyramid Scheme. Stay away!"

I worked at Momentum Marketing Group full-time

Pros

I seriously can't think of any Pros. Seriously.

Cons

I worked here for about 10 months and it was grueling. The hours were unbelievable and you don't get paid for many of them. You are constantly on the phone with your team/conference calls and not getting paid. You are expected to be at morning meetings even on your day off all to "have your own business within 7 months" that did not happen to ANY of the employees there through the entire time I was there. If all this was not enough you have to then recruit someone and throw them the same lies that were thrown at you even when you know them in your head to not be true. I ended up leaving the company only after family and friends were telling me that I was becoming brainwashed by them, which I was. Stay away!!

Momentum Marketing Group2015-06-17

"Great career opportunity"

Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Momentum Marketing Group

Pros

When I wa first hired I was skeptical. However, after working there 8 months I was promoted to assistant manager. During those 8 months I learned the ins and outs of running a successful business. My time here has been invaluable and they have given me the carreer I've always dreamed of.

Cons

If you are not ready for an intense fast paced work environment it can seem overwhelming.

Momentum Marketing Group2015-03-27

"Great Leadership and Management"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Momentum Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

In such a short amount of time I learned so much not just about marketing techniques and branding but I developed skills that will help me in LIFE! The Momentum Marketing Group team is so motivating, inspirational, and genuinely supportive that as long as you listen to your coaches and mentors its nearly impossible to not experience growth!

Cons

If you don't like variety and prefer to do the same thing every day then this is not for you! Clients, events, campaigns etc are all constantly changing so you have to be ready to adapt to the marketplace!

Momentum Marketing Group2015-01-29

"Very inspiring work place"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Momentum Marketing Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experience I received here was priceless. You learn so much about branding, PR, human relations, marketing strategies, and leadership. I recommend working here if you obtain one of the following characteristics!!!! - honestly - leadership -result oriented - hard working - passionate

Cons

Do not work here if your not ready for a full blown career. Definitely not a good fit for a part time position.

Momentum Marketing Group2014-10-31

"Not good."

2.0
    Former Employee - Brand Marketing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Momentum Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked here while I was still in college. The hours were good and the people were nice. The money is also pretty good

Cons

You have to be full time, if you request off days they'll fire you. Upper management played favorites and only promoted their friends. They also make a lot of promises they can't/wont keep. There are also no benefits for employees. They draw people in with the promise that they will run their own company in 6 months, after being there for over that long, that didn't happen to me or anyone else I worked with.

Momentum Marketing Group2014-10-12

Momentum Marketing Group Response

May 11, 2015President

Momentum Marketing Group is an events and promotions firm in Ohio; we seek to conduct all client and team member relationships with integrity. We strive to offer multiple levels of career opportunities and find the correct individuals for those positions. We will be taking your feedback to our Human Resources Department. We are committed to constantly improving our business practices.

"Brain-Wash Pyramid Scam"

Manager In Trianing in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Momentum Marketing Group for less than a year

Pros

Total pyramid scheme! Few pros come to mind but it could be the gas mileage reimbursement... if attaining it wasn't so far away. The first day I was swamped by a room full of acronym spouting lemmings. They put all us in one, tightly cramped "board room" -- covered wall to wall in white boards. Like minions with markers for swords, they whisked together some jargon about leadership in an alphabet soup of b2b psychology.

Cons

Walked into a false advertisement of hourly compensation and savvy structure goals, precisely placed out-of-reach. No title is listed on the careers page (secretary even evaded answering my questioning of it on the phone). Managers are evasively referenced as the title offered to during the interview because the position is barely existent. No more than extended shadowing other shadow puppets who all call vendors like Sam's club to get the payable hours (pitch-promotion displays... flown solo like a circus tent act). Biggest con, they figure in a cut. Thanks for docking pay under a flag of LLC just for kicks.

Momentum Marketing Group2014-10-26

Momentum Marketing Group Response

May 11, 2015President

Momentum Marketing Group strives to create a positive work environment for our team members. We do not, nor have we ever asked our team members to purchase something from us then resell it to consumers. We always operate legally and ethically in Ohio state labor laws. We apologize our career opportunities were not in line with your career goals. We appreciate your feedback about our company. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Human Resources Department at hr@momentummarketinggroupinc.com

"Worked mostly in Sam's Club promoting various goods."

2.0

I worked at Momentum Marketing Group

Pros

Direct Sales experience Encouraging work environment

Cons

Not working consistently on a daily basis

Momentum Marketing Group2013-12-28

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 38 reviews