Monese Reviews

Updated 21 May 2020

3.9
Monese Founder and CEO Norris Koppel
Norris Koppel
  1. "Great crowd, interesting work, fast sector."

Current Employee - Financial Crime Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unique attitude to the FinTech sector which will truly prioritise your personal growth.

Cons

Transitioning to corporate means formality grows.

Monese2020-02-23
  2. "An ambitious, globally minded, inspiring company"

Former Employee - Copywriter in London, England

I worked at Monese full-time

Pros

An inspiring CEO, and just really good people. They also provided me with an invaluable opportunity to cross-skill. They maintain a wonderful culture across their offices which I will miss. The company is ambitious and goal orientated. Would recommend.

Cons

Demonstrable issues in the past with organisational structure, ownership of particular roles across departments, and a slightly haphazard, decentralised approach to resourcing. They appear to be well on their way to rectifying these problem areas - and it's probably to be expected considering their rapid growth.

Monese2020-02-13
  3. "Amazing culture and collaborative working"

Current Employee - Commercial Lead in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Supportive and collaborative culture empowering people to drive the company forward

Cons

Teams could be more synchronised in terms of projects

Monese2019-09-10

"Ambitious company with clear social vision"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the atmosphere in Monese - fast paced and exciting. It's a wonderful place for ambitious, creative people because the leadership team gives you ample room to make decisions and get things out the door. Monese also has a very clear social mission, and it makes a huge difference feeling that we are working towards something meaningful.

Cons

A lack of structure holds us back sometimes, but that's being worked on.

Monese2018-12-07

"Fast pacing and exciting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Things happen, no day is the same day, the company is moving fast - Exciting customer growth, the product is getting very fast adoption - People are the best, from design to engineering and product, everybody is a real superstar - Cool office location in Central London, tons of snacks available - Frequent company socials

Cons

A small lack of processes, but the company is getting there

Monese2018-08-24
  6. "Modern company, nice to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Monese full-time for less than a year

Pros

Modern company, very nice colleagues, lots of perks, dog friendly office

Cons

Usual start-up problems (lack of procedures)

Monese2020-03-04

Monese Response

April 14, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this amazing feedback and we’re happy to hear that you enjoy working in Monese. We strive to create a great environment and culture at Monese and value feedback so that we can become an even better company. Feel free to reach out to HR with any comments or suggestions you wish to share.

7. "A good experience"

Current Employee - Kyc Specialist in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Warm, welcoming environment and it's growing very fast.

Cons

In a startup, on a side things move too fast on another too slow. However when Monese will reach its balance will be a perfect place to work. It is now too, if you can face the challenge.

Monese2020-02-19

Monese Response

February 28, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and we’re happy to hear you’re pleased overall. Being a fast growing company with fast growing processes, we are working hard on continuously improving all aspects of the internal environment and our culture. Feel free to reach out to HR with any comments or suggestions you wish to share.

8. "Amazing experience"

Current Employee - People Partner in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team - friendly and open Work really hard and you'll easily get promoted Work environment is very calm and fun at the same time

Cons

Communication can be very bad sometimes.

Monese2020-01-07

"Awesome experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth opportunities, supporting management,wfh

Cons

Lack of resources and organisation

Monese2019-08-18

"Quickly growing company with fast pace environment"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Tallinn

I have been working at Monese full-time for more than a year

Pros

I strongly believe Monese product is amazing and Monese mission very ambitious. In order for the company to succeed in a current competitive market it is required from every individual joining the company to believe in the mission and give their best, which is one of the reasons I decided to join the company and accept daily challenges. Believing that I make a difference by helping customers on the daily bases is what makes me happy and I enjoy doing. Customers are the single most important part of every business and if these are treated as I wish to be treated then business will flourish. Healthy and professional relationship between team members is a key to growth and success. Company recognises hard and professional workers and promotions are available within the business. Company organises at least 3 events per year and every team has an extra budget available for team events. Competitive Salary and stock options available for every new joiner. Snacks, coffee, sweets, soft drinks, smoothies, healthy fruits and more are always available in the kitchen.

Cons

As Monese is a fast growing business not everyone joining the company with limited experience of Customer support can manage the load of information, different type of clients moods, high workload and procedures in place. Following procedures which are changing quite often is challenging especially if these are all to be recorded in written form and have to be constantly updated and accessible to all employees. Monese is a start up company and high speed and high volume of work is only natural for any start up to succeed.

Monese2019-04-10